Witcher III : PT III : Blood and Winos

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I wear Witchee gear because it looks really good.

Most of the generic armour looks too realistic to be good lol.

Bear school gear looks great

I loved Cat school gear. Then they gave it that stupid hood with the Grandmaster armor. :(

Wolf school, and Viper school with black dye looks rad as ****. I also like the Bear school with red dye. The Skellige set looks pretty ****in' cool, too. Definitely one of my favourites.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Went to the "Cat Gear" scavenger hunt thing, done the first part.

Weird thing: can enemies hit through Quen? I was pretty underleveled (level 8 or 9 I think), and I swear I got oneshotted with it on. Or did it just run out?

Yep, they have to be a waaaay higher level but they can still break it and kill you in one hit.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
As someone who nothing about this world before playing the game, Yen on my first playthrough and Triss on a recent second playthrough with the DLCs. Like others mention, there is so much that points you towards Yen as the "right choice". Even after picking Triss on the 2nd playthrough, it still feels wrong, so much shallower than it would be with Yen.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I always felt Yen was the better choice. The backstory with Triss turned me off of her as a potential mate.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I'm replaying TW2 again before going on to do TW3 for a replay. I still love TW2 so much. It's funny how I remember where everything is still. Flotsam is one of my favorite gaming areas that I've ever come across, I only wish that there was a bit more content (for example there's a decent sized area past the bridge with the troll that's completely unused). I'm going to do Roche path and pretty much not bother with Triss so my Geralt can run into the arms of Yen. I picked Triss in my first playthrough of TW3. I really just want to get my Geralt the Blue Stripes tattoo :laugh:.

Last edited:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
This thread has had a min-resurgence of late, on what is very near the games 2nd anniversary. Impressive that the game is still going strong

I went out and bought TW2 to prep for another TW3 play through - I'm looking forward to that play through more than I am towards any new game out there right now (and I haven't played many new ones so it's not like I've done the "best"). Funny enough, similar to the person above me.

Maybe it was just the right kind of game for me but I haven't been that engrossed in a game since I was a kid, nor have I looked forward to a second play through (or made the time to do one) in years.

I tell myself that this time I'm playing on PC (vs PS4) so its like a new game but its the same game :laugh:

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
So Quen is totally overpowered, right? As soon as it breaks you can just dodge away until you have stamina again and recast it.

Think I'm gonna not use it anymore. Hopefully it'll make combat less monotonous, which so far is easily the weak point of this game.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
So Quen is totally overpowered, right? As soon as it breaks you can just dodge away until you have stamina again and recast it.

Think I'm gonna not use it anymore. Hopefully it'll make combat less monotonous, which so far is easily the weak point of this game.

Just about any sign at its highest level is OP and broken.

Except Axii. I feel that one had a bunch of potential but isn't really useful against monsters.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Yup, makes heavy armor useless as quen makes armor irrelevant (and the second level makes any health potions irrelevant)

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Just about any sign at its highest level is OP and broken.

I meant Quen at base level with no upgrades. Seems to me you can't ever die if you play smart.

Feels like it's just a plain first order optimal strategy to spam Quen.

I played yesterday using base Yrden and stuff got more interesting.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I meant Quen at base level with no upgrades. Seems to me you can't ever die if you play smart.

Feels like it's just a plain first order optimal strategy to spam Quen.

I played yesterday using base Yrden and stuff got more interesting.

Yeah, but then it turns into a boring grindfest if you are really underleveled.

Combat can be enjoyable without trying to spam quen. Yrden, Aard, Igni, and even Axii are all great in different contexts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad