Witcher III : PT III : Blood and Winos

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I don't want to seem like I'm overly negative about this game because I have said a lot of negative things about this thread, but I feel like this stuff needs to be said because I don't see anybody say it

Am I the only guy that finds the lighting effects horrible in this game? There's this dirty lens effect and tons of glare when your camera goes near the sun that I just can't understand why they put in. The colors also seem waaay oversaturated. I like colorful but this just looks weird.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
haven't really noticed most of those visual issues listed above except the sun glare/(reminds me of camera lens flare) but I'm pretty sure it is supposed to do that and I kind of like it honestly (being a photography nerd.)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Never had that issue. I remember that last fight being kinda buggy, though.

What bugged me about that quest was the reward sword was utter garbage compared to what I was using at the time.

What sword did you use at that time?

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I don't want to seem like I'm overly negative about this game because I have said a lot of negative things about this thread, but I feel like this stuff needs to be said because I don't see anybody say it

Am I the only guy that finds the lighting effects horrible in this game? There's this dirty lens effect and tons of glare when your camera goes near the sun that I just can't understand why they put in. The colors also seem waaay oversaturated. I like colorful but this just looks weird.

I actually really liked the lighting of the game. I found Skyrim to be a little too hard to see at night, but in the Witcher the night effects were obvious, but you could actually see everything going on. I'm surprised anyone has had a problem with it tbh.

The Ursine or Feline sword, from my recollection.

I never used my Witcher swords. Unlike everyone else apparently, I always found myself gaining too much xp, and tried to rein it in as much as possible. I hated being multiple levels higher than the main quest line.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

Yes.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Maybe, I just know I've always hated that crap, it's at it's worst in infamous second sun where you literally can't see if you even have the camera in the general direction of the sun.

It's never made sense to me why developers do that. I'm trying to play your game, I don't care how many cool effects you can put in

I mean I guess I'll never get why someone would want a dirty camera lens effect in a medieval fantasy game but I'm fine with that

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I never used my Witcher swords. Unlike everyone else apparently, I always found myself gaining too much xp, and tried to rein it in as much as possible. I hated being multiple levels higher than the main quest line.

What do the Witcher swords have to do with being overleveled?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Witcher swords? You mean the silver swords? I'm 90% sure it switched to them automatically against certainly. Enemies so you basically have to use them at certain points in the game.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Witcher swords? You mean the silver swords? I'm 90% sure it switched to them automatically against certainly. Enemies so you basically have to use them at certain points in the game.

Witcher School equipment includes both steel/silver swords and all armor. There is the Ursine, Wolf, Griffin, Cat, Viper (only two sets), and the Manticore (from B&W). Haven't tried to find the Manticore set since I love my Mastercrafted Wolf Gear too much.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
What's the benefit of using Witcher school gear?

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4jpnmx/can_we_talk_about_the_witcher_gear_set_bonuses/

http://www.accelerated-ideas.com/ne...between-griffin-cat-and-bear-school-gear.aspx

the perks/bonuses that come with them. I find that during the game I usually have a mix of witcher gear and other found pieces that are higher leveled and have more slots available. (until I can get my witcher gear into the higher levels)

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Went to the "Cat Gear" scavenger hunt thing, done the first part.

Weird thing: can enemies hit through Quen? I was pretty underleveled (level 8 or 9 I think), and I swear I got oneshotted with it on. Or did it just run out?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
where does one find meteorite ore? i literally need one piece to craft a pair of griffin trousers.

Buy some or loot everything until you find one.

The concept of acquiring ore is so much different than like every other game, so it is strange.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I never noticed the XP bonus on the swords. I don't even know how consequential that is when it is based around combat, which doesn't give nearly as much XP as any of the quests.

It's a pretty small amount, but when you feel swamped with experience, every little bit counts, lol.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Buy some or loot everything until you find one.

The concept of acquiring ore is so much different than like every other game, so it is strange.

Don't forget to look at all your items you can break down at the vendor. The name of the actual process evades me at the moment, but it's a good way to harvest materials as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad