Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part II - BarSALEona

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton looking for another striker. Looking like Nketiah is at a road block due to wage demands. Next up on the list are Okafor (Salzburg) and Tyrese Campbell (Stoke). Both players come from clubs Brighton has a strong relationship with.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jens Castrop is getting loaned out to Nürnberg; I like him as an 8...he & Rhein looked very good together for the u19 NT.

Newcastle have reportedly made a 48M bid for Nico Schlotterbeck; the player isn't interested at this point but Newcastle are expected to raise their proposed wage packet to try & convince the player to change his mind.

Hertha's Zeefuik is heading to Blackburn.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Very happy Brighton has some mid-season distance from it!

As am I for their sake because the mouth of the pit is opening up and unless a club like Leeds gets healthy, Burnley finds a way to win or Watford to keep improving there's like 5 potential candidates here because if Newcastle actually managed to win another match, they'd leapfrog their way out

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

6 month loan 35-40 mill buy option no idea why it’s so high but he’s gone for now.

Thank God. Hopefully he kills it and they take up a buy option or even negotiate a lower fee. Need him gone for good.

Per RAC1 though, still not enough room to register Torres. Not sure how accurate that is, but I would imagine it might be. Gotta love La Liga's FFP.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bayern Aggregator, but he's not a terrible homer & has been getting better about sourcing:

Mammana is leaving Zenit to head back to Argentina & rejoin River Plate.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Thank God. Hopefully he kills it and they take up a buy option or even negotiate a lower fee. Need him gone for good.

Per RAC1 though, still not enough room to register Torres. Not sure how accurate that is, but I would imagine it might be. Gotta love La Liga's FFP.
Yeah a number of sources indicate that but Romero is saying it’s ok? We have to wait and see until coutinho can get a negative test result and do his medical aiming for Tuesday. Xavi also had a dig at Sam side note. He wants him gone, if it isn’t enough another loan deal will happen. Honestly loving Alemany

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Watzke & Eberl have both now spoken about their clubs finding investors...

Eberl in an interview, when talking about how covid has impacted them, mentioned how other clubs have been able to continue operating as they had before and that things may be getting to a point where BMG needs an investor to ever compete for European trophies.

Haven't read the full watzke interview, but from the excerpts that I've seen, it started with a discussion about holding onto Haaland, before he moved onto Bayern's financial advantages & how BVB is competing internationally with clubs funded by emirates like Abu Dhabi & Qatar, or by oligarchs...

Last edited:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

Apparently they have another deal in the works, and will be able to register Torres afterwards. Perhaps Demir leaving is that move

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Jens Castrop is getting loaned out to Nürnberg; I like him as an 8...he & Rhein looked very good together for the u19 NT.

Newcastle have reportedly made a 48M bid for Nico Schlotterbeck; the player isn't interested at this point but Newcastle are expected to raise their proposed wage packet to try & convince the player to change his mind.
According to reports n.schlotterbeck is against a move this winter and I'd guess Newcastle is interested in improving their roster now to fight relegation.
Freiburg of course will be ooen to negotiations at that price

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

First time I’ve seen Tchouameni’s name linked. The last time they beat Man Utd to a midfielder from Monaco it worked out pretty well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
According to reports n.schlotterbeck is against a move this winter and I'd guess Newcastle is interested in improving their roster now to fight relegation.
Freiburg of course will be ooen to negotiations at that price

Yeah, he doesn't seem to want to move in this window or go to Newcastle. So we'll see if Newcastle offers enough to convince him to change his mind, but I'm dubious they'll be able to unless they make some splashier addition first.

The kid seems really set on moving to a proper giant next, rather than the start of a project.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't think it's nearly as simple as Tchouameni being a "better talent". He plays in a much more aggressive pressing system and in a much weaker league, it's not particularly surprising that he might have some gaudier numbers. Rice is more versatile, future captain material, and as his role has shifted this season, he's showcased a lot of the skills people were criticizing him for.

Also, I very much hope it's £100M.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

My hunch is he stays until the Summer. Positionally I don't think there is anyone ready to fill his role in the lineup and Potter will want an option ready before selling. Alzate, Mwepu, Moder etc. None of the options are really holding MFs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
United will just spend 100+mil on Rice instead. Way better business.
Way Brexit Business :)

regarding LFC
Rice is very good but he plays the same position as Fabinho. Don’t think Rice next to Fabinho makes a ton of sense. Especially at his price tag.

Tchoumeni makes more sense for LFC. Rice makes more sense for Utd in theory. Who knows what Utd will look like next year but Rice is basically systemproof if he is the primary DM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad