Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
With Atletico and Manu are eyeing him Dortmund latest team to scout L.Martinez from Racing. He had a wonderful goal and even better assist against Boca yesterday. He'll be gone in the summer. Me thinks.

Would post his highlites of last game but can't find them.

He's really good, gonna be a world class player. Last night he didn't shine against Independiente but was a pain in the ass to defenders and earned a red card in the 1st half. Love his pace, tenacious and never-quitting attitude, quite skilled as well. Although, my favorite player from superliga is Ignacio Pussetto from Huracán.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

He's really good, gonna be a world class player. Last night he didn't shine against Independiente but was a pain in the ass to defenders and earned a red card in the 1st half. Love his pace, tenacious and never-quitting attitude, quite skilled as well. Although, my favorite player from superliga is Ignacio Pussetto from Huracán.

How do you rate Barco how does he stack up against Martinez/Pussetto? Never heard of the latter but from the little I've seen Barco>>>Martinez?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
How do you rate Barco how does he stack up against Martinez/Pussetto? Never heard of the latter but from the little I've seen Barco>>>Martinez?

Both Martinez and Barco are better 'prospects' than Pussetto. Pussetto is a late bloomer, I just love his combination of size (1.80), pace (one of the fastest players out there) and dribbling skill, really hard to stop him at full speed. Probably gonna go to Boca/River before going to Europe, though).

Barco is the most talented player in Superliga right now, imo. Elusive dribbler, terrific vision and an eye for through balls. Give him a year or two to become more consistent and he'll be a force. He was quite good against Libertad in the first leg of Copa Sudamericana that his side lost 1-0 in Paraguay, will try to catch the 2rd leg. I saw that Benfica and Porto tried to sign him but Independiente refuse their proposal (around 5M euros). He'll probably cost close to 15M and still gonna be a bargain to whoever signs him.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Both Martinez and Barco are better 'prospects' than Pussetto. Pussetto is a late bloomer, I just love his combination of size (1.80), pace (one of the fastest players out there) and dribbling skill, really hard to stop him at full speed. Probably gonna go to Boca/River before going to Europe, though)..
Pussetto seems to me like a type that could end up in MLS as a DP and really end up dominating there. Those kinds of players that are too good for their Argentine team but not European ready have been finding their way to MLS.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Pussetto seems to me like a type that could end up in MLS as a DP and really end up dominating there. Those kinds of players that are too good for their Argentine team but not European ready have been finding their way to MLS.

yeah he's in that Almiron territory. Mexican league is also a possibility.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Bouhafsi says Luiz is in talks with RM

Honestly if I was in Luiz' shoes I'd do the same thing. Christensen is the clear long term vision in the center of the back three.

I would however like him to stay until the summer.. as having him on the bench as a CB/CDM option for when we go with a back three is helpful. Otherwise we only have Fabregas or Drinkwater.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Still wondering as to what would be Chelsea's realistic transfers for this winter. I still doubt Luiz leaving.. do we recall Zouma?

Who can we get that we can actually use in Europe?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'd like for him to stay another year and leave in the summer of 2019. Let Martinez go in 2018 to satisfy the desires of Europe looking for the next Messi. Once he leaves Barco would be the crown jewel in Argentina ready to be plucked.

Honestly, I think I'm more excited by the Argentina's chance in 2022 rather than 2018. That class should not only have a solid attacking line but the team should be well balanced from top to bottom with some nice depth.

Only area of concern is WB but that isn't going to make it or break it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd like for him to stay another year and leave in the summer of 2019. Let Martinez go in 2018 to satisfy the desires of Europe looking for the next Messi. Once he leaves Barco would be the crown jewel in Argentina ready to be plucked.

Honestly, I think I'm more excited by the Argentina's chance in 2022 rather than 2018. That class should not only have a solid attacking line but the team should be well balanced from top to bottom with some nice depth.

2022 could be an insane WC given the young talent in France, Germany, Spain & Brazil. If that english youth success can translate to the senior level they & Portugal could be right there with that top group as well. I also really like a lot of young Uruguayan kids and can see them in that secondary-contender tier that Portugal have lead for years.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Barco scored tonight (penalty) and almost pulled a Neymar against Juve in the preseason

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm really excited to see the german team in 2022; excluding whichever of the current vets will still be playing for the NT in their early 30s there should be a ton of talent right in in their primes or just entering their primes:

Kimmich | LeGo will be 27
Dahoud | Weigl | Sane | Werner | Brandt | Sule | Tah | Meyer will be 26
Amiri | Kehrer | Klostermann | Mittelstadt | Neuhaus will be 25
Henrichs | Torunarigha | Barkok will be 24
Eggestein | Geiger | Maier | G.L. Itter | Schreck | Passlack | Akkaynak will be 23
Havertz | Kühn | Mbom | Abouchabaka | Arp | Früchtl will be 22
Batista Meier | Evina | Yeboah will be 21

:laugh: half of our starting outfielders in 2022 could come from the 96-born players: Dahoud, Sane, Brandt & Werner should be guaranteed starters at that tourney; and Tah, Amiri, Kehrer, Klostermann look like they'll deserve to be on the squad...with Tah having a very good shot at partnering Süle if he moves to the right club in the summer and neither Hummels nor Boateng is still locking down a starting spot at 33.

Crazy how that age group came right before the dreadful 97ers...Henrichs, Torunarigha & Mittelstadt being the only likely NT potential-starters in that group, and that mostly due to how up in the air our FB/WB spots are...and the 98-born group that falls off dramatically after Eggestein, Geiger, Barkok & Passlack...and I'm not exactly sold on Barkok or Passlack...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
World cup 2022 could see a pretty rejeuvenated Netherlands squad also.

Still looking for a keeper talent, but something like this has a lot of potential:

Bijlow
Karsdorp - TFM - de Ligt - Verdonk
Kongolo
van de Beek - de Jong
Adekanye - Memphis - Kluivert​

We'll see if it actually pans out, but there's plenty of other talents like Toure, Stengs, Bergwijn, Kadioglu, Lang, Piroe, Eiting, Dilrosun, etc. to go along with guys like Wijnaldum, Promes, Vilhena, de Vrij, van Dijk, etc. who will also still be kicking around. Anyway I know that it's kind of off topic just got excited looking ahead after this kind of lull in Dutch football...these guys provide hope. Kluivert, van de Beek and de Ligt are not long for their clubs in today's world of big money being thrown at young players. In a perfect world they'd all stay until 22/23 to fully develop but we'll see how they progress.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Are you legitimately that high on Adekanye? @Curtinho
Yeah, he's looked fantastic since coming back from injury for the Liverpool youth and he was very highly rated in Dutch circles and Barcelona (illegally) poached him from Ajax for a reason.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, he's looked fantastic since coming back from injury for the Liverpool youth and he was very highly rated in Dutch circles and Barcelona (illegally) poached him from Ajax for a reason.
I mean I haven’t seen enough other than knowing he is on Liverpool’s books. Couldn’t tell you anything about him.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I'm really excited to see the german team in 2022; excluding whichever of the current vets will still be playing for the NT in their early 30s there should be a ton of talent right in in their primes or just entering their primes:

Kimmich | LeGo will be 27
Dahoud | Weigl | Sane | Werner | Brandt | Sule | Tah | Meyer will be 26
Amiri | Kehrer | Klostermann | Mittelstadt | Neuhaus will be 25
Henrichs | Torunarigha | Barkok will be 24
Eggestein | Geiger | Maier | G.L. Itter | Schreck | Passlack | Akkaynak will be 23
Havertz | Kühn | Mbom | Abouchabaka | Arp | Früchtl will be 22
Batista Meier | Evina | Yeboah will be 21

:laugh: half of our starting outfielders in 2022 could come from the 96-born players: Dahoud, Sane, Brandt & Werner should be guaranteed starters at that tourney; and Tah, Amiri, Kehrer, Klostermann look like they'll deserve to be on the squad...with Tah having a very good shot at partnering Süle if he moves to the right club in the summer and neither Hummels nor Boateng is still locking down a starting spot at 33.

Crazy how that age group came right before the dreadful 97ers...Henrichs, Torunarigha & Mittelstadt being the only likely NT potential-starters in that group, and that mostly due to how up in the air our FB/WB spots are...and the 98-born group that falls off dramatically after Eggestein, Geiger, Barkok & Passlack...and I'm not exactly sold on Barkok or Passlack...

Mittelstadt clearly is the biggest pure talent from 97 class :sarcasm: if only this class had produced a Makar to compete with him. :D

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean I haven’t seen enough other than knowing he is on Liverpool’s books. Couldn’t tell you anything about him.
Probably belongs more in the prospect thread but basically he's a very quick, tricky winger that is better coming from the right and cutting in onto his left, but has a nice cross on him. He's starting to learn to put the effort in on both sides of the ball though and even though the comparisons to Robben are lazy I'd say he's not that dissimilar except he's much more provider than scorer (though he's shown flashes of being goal oriented). His combination of speed, close control and play with both feet is pretty exciting though.

Main problem is that he's already kind of injury prone at a young age. Hopefully he grows out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad