Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dortmund can still attract better players if they can keep themselves in the CL. It's not the end of the world.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Arsenal has signed Sven Mislintat to be their head of recruitment.

Dortmund showing once again they're a feeder club. :D

That's huge. Wenger will still manage to Wenger it; but the money they spend should be much more efficiently utilized going forward and give Wenger a lot more talent to squander.

This could be devastating for BVB. They still have the current talent, youth already in the organization, and money to remain a favorite for a CL spot in the BuLi; but it shouldn't take too long for Watzke to lose the 2nd-in-Germany spot to Leipzig if they can replace Hassenhuttl with the right coach...though I'd love to see them steal Nagelsmann from Bayern, that seems unrealistic at this point; but wooing ex-Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel to secure them as one of Germany's top 2 and Bayern's chief threat, could be doable...especially if they can play up the sticking it to watzke angle during their pitch.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
With Atletico and Manu are eyeing him Dortmund latest team to scout L.Martinez from Racing. He had a wonderful goal and even better assist against Boca yesterday. He'll be gone in the summer. Me thinks.

Would post his highlites of last game but can't find them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's huge. Wenger will still manage to Wenger it; but the money they spend should be much more efficiently utilized going forward and give Wenger a lot more talent to squander.

This could be devastating for BVB. They still have the current talent, youth already in the organization, and money to remain a favorite for a CL spot in the BuLi; but it shouldn't take too long for Watzke to lose the 2nd-in-Germany spot to Leipzig if they can replace Hassenhuttl with the right coach...though I'd love to see them steal Nagelsmann from Bayern, that seems unrealistic at this point; but wooing ex-Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel to secure them as one of Germany's top 2 and Bayern's chief threat, could be doable...especially if they can play up the sticking it to watzke angle during their pitch.
Won't change a difference along as Kroenke and Keswick are in charge. I am actually going to give Wenger some leeway here, he wanted to sign Greizmann to go along with Sanchez and Oezil and Arsenal's board said no. Its trash.

@cgf @Deficient Mode Is Mislintat the guy who found all those hidden gems for BVB? Because they got a ridiculous record at that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
With Atletico and Manu are eyeing him Dortmund latest team to scout L.Martinez from Racing. He had a wonderful goal and even better assist against Boca yesterday. He'll be gone in the summer. Me thinks.

Would post his highlites of last game but can't find them.

How good is he currently?

We can't afford to play a striker who won't score us 20 goals. Can he do that over a season for a club like Dortmund next season? Or is he more of a back up you think?

Auba probably will go, so we will probably be in the market for a striker, but we already have Isak in a back up role. If Isak is sold or loaned out, maybe we bring in Martinez, I don't get the sense that he's yet good enough to start for us as a CF.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
How good is he currently?

We can't afford to play a striker who won't score us 20 goals. Can he do that over a season for a club like Dortmund next season? Or is he more of a back up you think?

Auba probably will go, so we will probably be in the market for a striker, but we already have Isak in a back up role. If Isak is sold or loaned out, maybe we bring in Martinez, I don't get the sense that he's yet good enough to start for us as a CF.

He's a gem but I'd be shocked if he'd walk in Dortmund and put up 20 goals. There's almost zero chance of that happening. Hell if he scores 10 in his rookie year I'd be impressed.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, don't think that works.
PSG will probably keep Draxler except if he wants to leave. In which case they'll ask for a big fee for the FFP. With Di Maria and Pastore likely gone this winter, PSG won't have to dump Draxler and will want him to stay.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, don't think that works.
PSG will probably keep Draxler except if he wants to leave. In which case they'll ask for a big fee for the FFP. With Di Maria and Pastore likely gone this winter, PSG won't have to dump Draxler and will want him to stay.
I haven't been able to watch a lot non-EPL football the last month, how much minutes is he getting at PSG?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not that much, but he's going to be their first player off the bench once ADM leaves. He's probably already in front of him on the depth chart.
Being the main backup behind Neymar-Cavani-Mbappe isn't bad. Especially since Emery has played him in midfield as well (where the depth is thin).

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Ozil is also being linked to Barca for the winter window, 20M is the number thrown around which is hard to believe.

Edit: His contract is up soon, make sense.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm interested to see how things play out with Liverpool this window. They generally don't do big business in the winter, but we know that we need someone like van Dijk, Can needs to be replaced and Coutinho is going for sure. There's also the question of whether Henderson can return to form or if he needs replacing as well. Right now we have Wijnaldum, Lallana and Ox that I would like to keep in front of the 6 and Keita coming in next season (starting Wijnaldum/Keita will be great). Wijnaldum seems like the only tactically astute midfielder we have (Lallana is up there too) and in games like the one against Sevilla they are extremely important to help calm the play, resist the press, and control the ball in midfield (it's not a huge surprise looking at that game that only Wijnaldum can feel somewhat okay about his performance of our midfielders). Coutinho isn't someone we can use in midfield in those games especially when the other team is taking the game to us, and with Moreno behind him. Pretty much everything Sevilla did came down the right side.

Anyway, tangent, I believe that next season with Wijnaldum/Keita as first choice options in front of our 6 there's an opportunity to create one of the best midfields around if we could acquire someone like Jorginho to supplement them. Fat chance of prying him out of Napoli, but I'm wondering if there are many players in a similar mould out there that could be had right now? Maybe we could revisit interest in Kondogbia?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad