Blue Jays Discussion: Winter Discontent II: Discontent Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
His value goes in the tank if you move him to first. Good production at catcher is mediocre production at 1st.

They should have him at least try some left field, maybe even second and third, but those two positions might be injury risks for Mr. Glass.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Ok it's way early but nothings happening right now so why not. What names are you guys liking in the draft with our pick? I'm almost 100% sure this front office is going college so I'm guessing one of Madrigal, Eierman, Conine, Rollison, or Jenista.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

The Phillies moved Hoskins to left field last season before his major-league debut in order to play Tommy Joseph and him at the same time. Hoskins seemed comfortable in the outfield, albeit inexperienced. The Phillies had favorable internal assessments of Hoskins’ defense in left field — enough to believe that, with more time training to be an outfielder and further instruction, he could improve.

But someone’s at-bats will be sacrificed in the outfield. The Phillies ended the 2017 season with three young, capable outfielders in Odubel Herrera, Aaron Altherr and Nick Williams. There is not room for all three, plus Hoskins, on an everyday basis.

“The most important thing we can do is let these kids continue to play,” Klentak said Monday before this sea change, “because they were pretty darn good when we gave them a chance to just play.”
The other scenario is a trade that includes Herrera or Altherr or Williams — maybe along with second baseman Cesar Hernandez and a few prospects — for a young, controllable pitcher. Three major-league sources said the Phillies have inquired on just about every young starter that could be traded this winter. That includes Kansas City’s Danny Duffy, Tampa Bay’s Chris Archer and Toronto’s Marcus Stroman.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Cain seems like the most logical fit for the jays right now but who knows if he has interest signing here.

I doubt the jays will move on to Plan B until Cain makes his decision as he's holding up the OF market.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
jays could prob have got CC if they guaranteed another year.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Cain seems like the most logical fit for the jays right now but who knows if he has interest signing here.

I doubt the jays will move on to Plan B until Cain makes his decision as he's holding up the OF market.
I highly doubt Cain is holding up the OF market, I’m not sure that he even has much of a market at this point.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ok it's way early but nothings happening right now so why not. What names are you guys liking in the draft with our pick? I'm almost 100% sure this front office is going college so I'm guessing one of Madrigal, Eierman, Conine, Rollison, or Jenista.

Conine or Jenista are two nice college bats.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently the Dodgers are going to flip Matt Kemp to the team that is willing to take on the most of his contract.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I doubt it happens but I would love for Madrigal to fall to the Jays. Unfortunately it looks like teams have stopped being stupid with small players.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Adrian is getting DFA'd by the Braves.

I wonder if he'll just sign back with the Dodgers on a super cheap deal.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Dodgers are freeing up dollars for Darvish. Alex, I guess, is buying himself time with the vets on the last year of their deals and freeing up some money for next off-season. Seems like a logical trade for both.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Not bad for the Dodgers. They probably had to give up a decent amount of cash tied up to those three players and now they essentially got rid of all of their cap dumps. They get out of a ton of payroll for this year by taking some on for next year. If they also get out of Kemp now, that could give them a ton of flexibility, but it likely will cost them more money. Still, most of those guys were dead weight anyways, so anything is better than nothing.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
If Kazmir was healthy, I’d definitely take a flier on him if he was essentially free. But unfortunately I think he’s just about done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad