Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 1, 2018 @ Citi Field - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Through Arena Wear? If I could get it guaranteed I’d get the jersey back in time for the game I’d do that too.
Yeah it’s through Arenawear. Jersey is $190 and customization is $110. Had to buy the patch separately but they are sold out there. Had to get my patch at Cosby’s and go back to add it to the order. Patch is $15. Should be back before Xmas.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I absolutely love the Rangers as a team, but I hate them as an organization. People now won't be able to get their customized jersey before the Winter Classic.

Wonderful. Brilliant move by this organization, releasing the jersey with just 5 weeks to go. Absolutely brilliant.

Reactions: Doctor King Schultz

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I absolutely love the Rangers as a team, but I hate them as an organization. People now won't be able to get their customized jersey before the Winter Classic.

Wonderful. Brilliant move by this organization, releasing the jersey with just 5 weeks to go. Absolutely brilliant.

I feel like it's more the NHL's doing having the jersey being released so close to the holidays. I agree, they should have released it 2 weeks before Black Friday.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yeah it’s through Arenawear. Jersey is $190 and customization is $110. Had to buy the patch separately but they are sold out there. Had to get my patch at Cosby’s and go back to add it to the order. Patch is $15. Should be back before Xmas.

I bought my blank for $180, but willing to sell it for $160 free shipping!

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Just got back from the NHL store on 47th and 6th. They have the Adidas jerseys, but no patches left. Got the jersey sent out to get customized and was told it would be 14 business days turn around time. When additional patches came in I could get it heat pressed, but my quick thinking, I took the subway to Cosby’s and they had 1 patch left. Booked it back to the NHL store and had the patch added to my customization order. Now just need to wait.
Oh, man. Nice work.

PM'ed you last night to see if I could tack onto this order (and make it worth your while).

Arenawear won't take any customization order from me and the NHL store wouldn't take a phone order. Bummer!

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Arena Wear told me customization wouldn’t be ready until after the new year. All work sent from the NHL store comes first before custom orders.
Arenawear told me (Saturday) that they won't even TAKE any orders from individuals until after the New Year.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Question: Are there any "desirable" sections to try to score tickets for the WC?

Looks like there are lots of... "optimistic" sellers on the resale market. Also, I wonder if most of the seats are far away, even if one is down low.

Daydreaming, bu there is a chance.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No Alumni Game, per Brooks

https://nypost.com/2017/12/04/rangers-youth-movement-isnt-working-out-how-they-hoped/

4. There will be no outdoor replay prior to the Winter Classic of the 1978 preliminary playoff round in which the Sabres defeated the Rangers 2-1. The Post has learned that the NHL is going without an alumni game at Citi Field in advance of the Jan. 1 main event.
That’s unfortunate. Pat LaFontaine and Drury could have played for both sides, so could Marty Biron, Randy Moller, Ray Sheppard, Brad Brown, Dmitri Kalinin and Lindy Ruff.
And It would have been mighty entertaining to watch Don Murdoch (who scored the Game 2 OT winner at MSG in that barely remembered series) go in one-on-one against Jim Schoenfeld.
Oh well.

Blueshirts51

Oct 8, 2014
Astoria
Have they announced what side Rangers bench / Sabres bench will be?

Also a heads up for anyone trying to get a custom jersey via the NHL Store / Arena wear - NHL stores needs to get the order in by December 14 to have it customized in time for the game. Dropped off a jersey with them yesterday that I bought online and should be sent back from Arena Wear within two weeks.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Have they announced what side Rangers bench / Sabres bench will be?

Also a heads up for anyone trying to get a custom jersey via the NHL Store / Arena wear - NHL stores needs to get the order in by December 14 to have it customized in time for the game. Dropped off a jersey with them yesterday that I bought online and should be sent back from Arena Wear within two weeks.

Wondering if anyone would be willing/able to do me a favor.

Just spoke with the NHL store. Apparently they placed a pro-active order with Arenawear to have a number of jerseys stitched with player names & the WC patch, including the player I was interested in. They may even arrive as early as today.

The manager of the store said (unfortunately for me) that their systems are not be able to take credit cards via phone or even a check mailed in (any check whatsoever). Therefore, I can't send in a blank for them to send to AW, buy a blank from them to be sent out, or buy one of the pre-customized ones.

The only option is to have someone go in there and make the purchase.

Anyone willing to do a huge favor for another fan? I'd be happy to do something to make it worth your time.

The manager of the store is willing to help but would need the name of that person so he can contact them when the jersey arrives.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Wondering if anyone would be willing/able to do me a favor.

Just spoke with the NHL store. Apparently they placed a pro-active order with Arenawear to have a number of jerseys stitched with player names & the WC patch, including the player I was interested in. They may even arrive as early as today.

The manager of the store said (unfortunately for me) that their systems are not be able to take credit cards via phone or even a check mailed in (any check whatsoever). Therefore, I can't send in a blank for them to send to AW, buy a blank from them to be sent out, or buy one of the pre-customized ones.

The only option is to have someone go in there and make the purchase.

Anyone willing to do a huge favor for another fan? I'd be happy to do something to make it worth your time.

The manager of the store is willing to help but would need the name of that person so he can contact them when the jersey arrives.

Do you have pricing on those pre-customized ones?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I am kind of salty about the materials on the front side. It at least looks like a premier type fabric. Does it feel more sturdy?

I hear that, I have no idea why they don't make the actual on-ice authentic available to the public. That's really the one I want.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Just picked up the last blank with the shoulder patch. $205. Looks really nice. Pleasantly surprised that I am a 52 in these slimmer cut jerseys. Thank God for living a Keto lifestyle. I used to be a 56 in the Edge jerseys (although it was loose).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I hear that, I have no idea why they don't make the actual on-ice authentic available to the public. That's really the one I want.

I don't know if you recall, nev, but it takes a bit of time for the Canadian ones to start coming out for public consumption. It took about a year and a half for the original Edge jerseys if I recall.

Reactions: nevesis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille