Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg vs Calgary Feb 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Thinking about last night is a little depressing so I'd rather think about tomorrow nights game.

Needless to say it's a big test. The biggest perhaps.

If they lose then the lead on the Wild Card race went poof in the span of a week. That would suck.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Just re-reading all the threads on a Sunday morning.

:shakehead

I worry of a Hutch regression and the full-team defensive breakdown, not to mention the total undisciplined play (ignoring referring of course).

This is not good at all. Jets need to beat Calgary, full stop.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
In attendance for this game, looking forward to it and I predict we break out of our mini funk.

I'll be the guy in the blue Jets jersey. :thumbu:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
We need to play a 60 minute game: Disciplined, focused and skating hard.

I'm pretty sure the team is incredibly pissed after last night and they will try everything to play 5on5 hockey and dominate their opponent like they dominated the Stars yesterday on EV.

I am very, very optimistic about tomorrow night and I think the Flames are in for a tough ride.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
This will be an interesting game- I hope the boys forget about last week completely. I don't like their collective state of mind at the moment.
Hoping for a big win to get some positive vibe back into the dressing room

No I am not Cosmic Bob

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Here's a deja vu. The last time the Jets lost 3 in a row in regulation was back in october. The oponent in the next game was Calgary.

IIRC we played fantastic for 1 period but got outworked the rest of the way.

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
I'll be at the game tomorrow with a number of other Jets fans. Please win.

Go Jets Go!

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Jets were never going to be in the playoffs except as a wildcard. They still have that and a big lead on the other teams in their division. That's good because the 4 Pacific teams that threaten to take both those wildcard spots mostly play each other and they both can't win except if there are too many loser point games. When you only have to go 17-17 for a good chance of the playoffs you should be good to go, especially when you have gone over .600 for 48 games. So now they have to go 17-14.

The bad news is some cracks are appearing.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm assuming the roster stays the same but with Pavs in net.:help:

Must win, yes must win!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
They say you know you're coming out of a losing streak when you lose games you should've won.

So does that mean you're still in the middle of the losing streaks if you win games you should have lost? What about winning games you should win?

I'm confused - you engineers are always up to no good. :dunce: ;)

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
You do realize that you have Budaj from Montreal a few months ago right? He's a good goalie. be that as it may, the Flames are way more beatable than the last three games whoever is in net.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
So does that mean you're still in the middle of the losing streaks if you win games you should have lost? What about winning games you should win?

I'm confused - you engineers are always up to no good. :dunce: ;)

And who exactly is 'they'? Those 'Geers should really stick to math and avoid writing. :sarcasm:

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
You do realize that you have Budaj from Montreal a few months ago right? He's a good goalie. be that as it may, the Flames are way more beatable than the last three games whoever is in net.

He's not even the starter on the AHL team, he hasn't even won a game this season. He's brutal.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I gonna go ahead and come right out there and just flat out say what I think needs to be said...

this game, it matters.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

He has been absolutely awful this year. You can't be serious.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Not feeling good about this game or road trip.

Team is showing too much individual, selfish play. Selfish penalties. Selfish play where others have to cover for them, all the time. Everyone doing someone else's job. Our older core guys are the biggest culprits, not guys like Trouba, IMO.

Calgary is the poster child for unselfish play. A team concept.

Not a good match up right now, IMO.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I won't be in attendance monday night due to a prior engagement, unfortunately. I really hope we win, but the Flames have a knack for scoring goals and I don't think its going to be the cakewalk it was last season in the Saddledome.

Its two good teams with two different philosophies, but one is on the upswing right now (Flames) and we're on the downward

Honestly, I am not too worried overall - the season will have its highs and lows. Some of the posters on this board need to take a breather...we'll be good in the long run. Its only a matter of time before we start stringing together wins. Hopefully that starts with a B2B win vs. Flames and Canucks....

but we don't exactly have a stellar win column vs the pacific :laugh: I just hope guys don't start calling for the tank if these games don't go our way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad