Winnipeg media == Shills for TNSE?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I agree that they were caught between a rock and a hard place with Hull. The fact of the matter is that perhaps the defining moment in Winnipeg professional hockey history was Hull and Haskins at Portage and Main. The uncomfortable fact is that Hull was a domestic abuser, and society (rightly, in my opinion) is increasingly vocal against such actions.

Not just the Jets, but every sports team and league have to wrestle with this issue when it come to honoring their players.

If a player should be going into the Hockey Hall of Fame , but he was an "abuser" say as an example, should he be allowed in the Hall or not. If you say the person should be judged solely as a hockey player then he should be let into the Hall, but for sure he should be kept out of the Humanity Hall of Fame.

I find this to be a sticky situation because you want to honor the player for being a player, but what if he wasn't a good person? Do you let that slide?

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
When I lived in Calgary, the media covered the Flames in the same manner.

If you think TSN 1290 is bad, listen to the FAN 960.

Between this thread and the 1290 one, there's tonnes of talk about wanting hard-hitting, all questions asked, in-depth hockey analysis in the media.

What market features such a media offering? Any market I've ever tuned in to is like this.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Between this thread and the 1290 one, there's tonnes of talk about wanting hard-hitting, all questions asked, in-depth hockey analysis in the media.

What market features such a media offering? Any market I've ever tuned in to is like this.

In fact I would say most people DON'T want that. They might say they do, but they don't. It's like how people say they want Strong, Bold Coffee, when most people want weak milky coffee.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Mtl

Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad