Winnipeg Jets select LW Erik Foley (3/17)

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Committed to Providence College next season looks like.

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2015/5/18/8614185/erik-foley

An offensive winger who knows how to take opposing players out of the play. Can play an agitative game, but is at his best when recognizing opportunities and taking advantage of them. A good skater who has the right amount of skill to do what he can to help his team every night; on the other hand, does not possess the biggest body, so can be ineffective in his role at times. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

"I'm definitely a guy who has to work down low. I'm not really a skilled guy. I work below the goal line. That's where my bread and butter is. I like grinding down low and getting pucks out in front," said Foley.

"He's very athletic and tough. He has excellent strength and balance. Erik is one of those players who is incredibly difficult to knock off the puck and he's really good on the wall, especially from the dots down in the offensive zone," said Tabor Academy coach Gerry Dineen.

One thing that scouts will notice the more they watch Foley play is his deceptive speed, his offensive instincts and his heavy shot despite his lack of elite hands and footwork that say a Jack Eichel or Jeremy Bracco exhibit.

"He has been able to finish at every level. He has a pro release on his shot. The sky is the limit," said Dineen of his former player.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He's still 17.

His numbers are fairly good.

I know nothing about him really, but I really don't mind the pick.

One of the higher G/G in the USHL as well.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
God Bless America!!!

The team shall now be called the Winnipeg American Jets.

another great draft so far for Chevy and company.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Swing and a miss. We seem to have love affair with these agitator types at junior like Lipon, Lemieux, Foley but we have no need for them at NHL level since we've never signed anything close to one. I don't think Foley will end up getting a contract out of college, my limited viewings he was really meh.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Swing and a miss. We seem to have love affair with these agitator types at junior like Lipon, Lemieux, Foley but we have no need for them at NHL level since we've never signed anything close to one. I don't think Foley will end up getting a contract out of college, my limited viewings he was really meh.

Eh. We drafted Lipon when he was going on 20. He was almost two full years older than Foley is now. Foley also led his team in scoring. We'll see I guess, but I'm optimistic.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
After reading up on this kid I'm quite liking this pick. Would have been nice to pick up MVS but this sounds like a very solid pick. I'd probably change my vote to "Like It"

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Starting the hit or miss group for me.

He could be an nhl'er, but likely not.

The first 3 picks though are very very solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad