Winnipeg Jets select D Luke Green (3/79)

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
So what do you think of maybe being the next Andrew Ladd, Mr. Green? You're wearing his old number!
RRg2VZK.png

Pretty sure they all wear 16 in these draft photos. As in 2016.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Man that reminds me a lot of Postma. Hopefully he doesn't end up like him though....

By that do you mean being the 5th best defenseman on an NHL team but being buried behind lesser talent for god knows what reason?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
His skating is fun to watch. He changes directions so seamlessly.

Yea he has such a fluid style yet he still looks really explosive. Pretty jacked about this pick.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wasn't he limited for icetime/pp time because of the other D like Zboril, Chabot, and Murphy?

Presumably no less TOI than in D-1. You still expect a big step there. Apparently his ES scoring was very good and he had little PP time. Someone also suggested he was working on his defensive play. Mix of good and bad. Can't get excited but can be hopeful. Looks better than Kostalek in his draft year and Kostalek is a legit prospect. I'm OK with this pick but time will tell how it turns out.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
By that do you mean being the 5th best defenseman on an NHL team but being buried behind lesser talent for god knows what reason?

No. I mean an frustrating Dman who continually plays too good for the AHL, but no where near consistent enough for the NHL. Not a chance he is the 5th best on the team - he is the PB for a reason. I don't hate the guy, he is just very inconsistent.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yea he has such a fluid style yet he still looks really explosive. Pretty jacked about this pick.

Me too. Pumped about this guy. Seems like an amazing skater and I liked how in so many of his goals and assists he had either joined the rush or had slowly creeped down below the top of the circle. Will be interesting to follow him next year once he gets a bigger role on the team

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
No. I mean an frustrating Dman who continually plays too good for the AHL, but no where near consistent enough for the NHL. Not a chance he is the 5th best on the team - he is the PB for a reason. I don't hate the guy, he is just very inconsistent.

good point

Stu may be awful but at least he's consistently awful

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Luke Green has some nice results in the combine:
10th in Vertical Jump
2nd in Pro Agility Left, 1st in Right
8th in Wingate Average

Very encouraging. Really like this pick. What were his official measurements?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Really like this pick. I have to give Chev and co. props for this one. This kid have a great shot and is a very smooth and explosive skater. I had my eye on him as a possible 2nd rounder if Johansen and Clague were off the board. Man could you imagine having all 3 of them right now? We coulda... we coulda.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Really like this pick. I have to give Chev and co. props for this one. This kid have a great shot and is a very smooth and explosive skater. I had my eye on him as a possible 2nd rounder if Johansen and Clague were off the board. Man could you imagine having all 3 of them right now? We coulda... we coulda.

I like all those guys but they are long shots to ever play in the NHL.......as is Green. That being said, I still love this pick.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

only if he lasted until 97

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I like all those guys but they are long shots to ever play in the NHL.......as is Green. That being said, I still love this pick.

Stanley is just as much if not moreso a long shot as those guys. If he wasn't 6'7 and maybe even two inches smaller nobody would have batted an eye at him this season. He'd be lumped in with the Middletons and Cederholms and likely picked in the late 3rd early 4th.
Give me a speedy smooth skating good passing puck mover with some offensive abilities over a big lumbering defensive dman any day. Heck even Buff plays more of a speedy smooth skating good passing puck moving game than a lumbering defensive game. Same as Myers. I think Green has really good upside and his production is pretty good for 2nd pairing in the Q. When he gets more opportunity I think we see his numbers rise quite a bit more.
Stoked to see this kid play some more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad