Winnipeg Jets select D Luke Green (3/79)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
#79 Luke Green

#37 on our Draft list. Great pick guys!

Luke Green was much hyped when he came into the QMJHL, and while he has not quite lived up to the hype of a first overall draft pick, he has grown this season and shown great strides towards becoming a solid defender. If he can continue to develop, he could be a top four defenceman at the next level. Green’s game is reminiscent of Tyson Barrie of the Colorado Avalanche, but this is a stylistic comparison only and not one based on his talent level.

Link: http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/05/04/luke-green-scouting-report-2016-nhl-draft/

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Really don't know much about him, but it looks like he was given a second round grade by many scouting services.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
This makes me feel a tiny bit better. He's good. He did take a nasty hit from Dubois last season that resulted in a concussion so I hope he's alright.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Ok , good..

People are smiling now again

Drafted 2 D now,

One left
One right

One to clear the crease
One to move the puck up , after clearing the crease.

Welcome to the Jets Luke Green

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He is an offensive defenseman who scores only moderately. He improved production not 1 bit from D-1 to D, a year when even poor players normally take a big step forward. Maybe he makes that up next year. He has some good tools and most of the scouts seem to like him. Voted meh/unsure. The jury is out on this one.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Pronman

63. Luke Green, D, Saint John (QMJHL)
DOB: 1/12/98 | Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 188
GP: 61 | G: 10 | A: 25

The first overall pick in the 2014 QMJHL draft, Green has been a quality part of the top-four rotation for Saint John the last two seasons. He hasn't been spectacular, though, with just flashes of top-end play. He's a natural offensive player, with shifty feet and above-average puck skills. He can join a rush very effectively, and shows good overall offensive creativity and instincts. Green struggled at times with his decision-making at both ends this season, coming along better in the second half. He's not a top defender, but he was capable in the Q this season, exhibiting fine work ethic even if the technical side of his game needs work.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
He is an offensive defenseman who scores only moderately. He improved production not 1 bit from D-1 to D, a year when even poor players normally take a big step forward. Maybe he makes that up next year. He has some good tools and most of the scouts seem to like him. Voted meh/unsure. The jury is out on this one.

Wasn't he limited for icetime/pp time because of the other D like Zboril, Chabot, and Murphy?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Very good pick at this spot. His numbers are likely impacted due to playing on a very deep defensive core. This pick is moving right back towards the model of picking for skill.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Was behind Zboril and Chabot on the depth chart, so not much PP time. Apparently scored very well 5v5.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Very little PP TOI.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
VERY underrated for his offensive ability.

He is EXACTLY the type of player the Jets need. He's calm with the puck, has the right instincts to break up plays and create turnover chances, and his skating is impeccable.

As mentioned by another poster I feel this helps us replace the lost #36 that was a little upsetting to most of us. Green and Stanley is a good haul of d-men.

I'm happy! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad