Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Personally I would have taken Suzuki or Glass over McLeod though. All speed and nothing else with that kid. I also would have had either of them over Comtois. This isn't a very strong roster outside of the defence for us.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
He hasn't made the team yet. They haven't made any cuts. Still 10 dmen at their camp.
I know, but as I said this is very promising. Didn't think he has much of a chance

edit. Probably worded my 1st comment poorly if you got the impression that I thought he already made the team

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
After watching the games this summer I felt like Samberg had a good shot. I have no idea how his year in College hockey has gone but the kid has the speed, skill, size, and brings that physical edge too.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Samberg being paired with usa's #1 Dman is very promising. Didn't actually expect him to even make the team, but that's what I get for just watching stats

I have expected him to make the team because of the great USA camp he had last august

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Kraskovsky is a forgotten piece, does he still have possibilities of making the NHL, or has that boat sailed?

Just turned 21 (did we draft this kid when he was 11 years old?), so still developing, but looking at his stats, doesn’t seem as if he has elevated his game from year to year.

Anyone familiar with his game? Is he North America bound next season?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kraskovsky is a forgotten piece, does he still have possibilities of making the NHL, or has that boat sailed?

Just turned 21 (did we draft this kid when he was 11 years old?), so still developing, but looking at his stats, doesn’t seem as if he has elevated his game from year to year.

He was one of my favorite "dark horse" prospects for a few years, but his lack of production in recent times has made me lose some interest. However, whenever I've seen him play I've really liked his potential as a bottom-6 forward. Time will tell...

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg

Young enough to still bear fruit. Sounds like he's the Adam Lowry most HF posters would just wish Adam Lowry would turn into.

NHL 4th line upside. Might be a better fit for the 4C hole today than Hendy is truth be told.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Disappoiting that Kovacevic hasnt been able to keep up his great early season form. After 10 games I was hopeful he'd be able to be a ppg guy this season but doesnt seem likely anymore

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Disappoiting that Kovacevic hasnt been able to keep up his great early season form. After 10 games I was hopeful he'd be able to be a ppg guy this season but doesnt seem likely anymore

He's a D playing college hockey. The likelihood of him being a PPG D-man was very slim. As it is, he's more than .5 PPG, and is tracking slightly better this season than last. The only thing you don't want is a player's production to stagnate when they're in a developmental year.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Doubt it. Also, I think his status expires at the end of this season.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Not sure what you mean by "status" The Jets retain his NHL rights until he turns 27. His KHL contract expires in April
Do you think he comes over next season? Sounded like he wants to take a shot at the NHL, which makes it more probable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad