Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Scott Wheeler of the Athletic ranks all Jets prospects. His definition includes only players 22 and under and excludes all players 23 and older plus player 22 and under considered full time NHL players including Kyle Connor.

I don't particularly like his ranking of Spacek and Hankins. He seems really high on Foley and Niku.

IMG_0349.jpg

There are comments for each player in the article

Wheeler: The complete Winnipeg Jets prospect ranking

dabizz

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Scott Wheeler of the Athletic ranks all Jets prospects. His definition includes only players 22 and under and excludes all players 23 and older plus player 22 and under considered full time NHL players including Kyle Connor.

I don't particularly like his ranking of Spacek and Hankins. He seems really high on Foley and Niku.

IMG_0349.jpg

I would say too high on:

Foley
Petan
Kovacevic
De Leo

Too low on:
Vesalainen
Appleton
Stanley
Samberg

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

IMG_0349.jpg

Interesting that he's so high on Foley, Petan and Comrie.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

IMG_0349.jpg

Too low...

Samberg
Nogier

Otherwise, pretty good.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

IMG_0349.jpg

Disappointing to see how low he has Samberg ranked. Corey Pronman previewed Team USA and had a blurb about Samberg which had a more positive outlook on him than Wheeler did:

World Junior Championship preview: Team USA

Dylan Samberg, D, Winnipeg

NHL draft: Second round, 43rd overall in 2017
Samberg has looked good this season, playing all situations for Duluth as a freshman. He’s big, is mobile for a guy his size, moves the puck fine and is solid defensively. He provides a lot of tools for the USA and the ability to play at both ends, even if he’s not a dynamic player.

Hopefully Samberg makes Team USA and we can see him for ourselves.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

IMG_0349.jpg

This is ample evidence that the Athletic is not worth paying for.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Interesting that he's so high on Foley, Petan and Comrie.

I have been high on Foley for a while. At Summer camp he was a good fit with Rozlo and Connor. They had a good connection. I see him fitting in well on a line with Rozlo. We need more players with the combo of grit with offensive talent for playoff success .

I am pleasantly surprised with Appetton as well. I predicted he would do very well at the A.H.L. level but thought it would take a year to get accustomed to the league. Appleton has surpassed my expectations this year. His play has been dominating this year.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
C.J. Seuss is 23 years old and not eligible for the above prospect ranking, but........ If eligible I would have placed him in the top 10. As he is a gritty scorer that has 22 points in 18 games so far for M.S.U.

I hope we can sign him in March. He is graduating this year and can go U.F.A. on Aug 15.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
So, have you watched play? Did you cite his plus/minus? Where's Garret?

I never claimed to have watched him play, just stat watching here. Citing +/- was probably a bit unfair of me but I figured that he is probably not the kind of player who is out on EN situations which are responsible for a large portion of pollution of the +/- stat

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wouldn't be that harsh. Only 4 points and a -5. I think there are concerns about him, could be a Jack Glover type situation.

He took a big jump from small town high school hockey to the NCAA so he is adjusting. He is a bit raw still but I loved the the pick when we made it and like it more now. Samberg is going to play for us in the NHL one day and I predict he will be in our top 4.

Last edited:

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
I see Vesalainen listed as a centre on some stats websites. Does anyone know when he last consistently played centre? Additionally, does anyone who watches him play know if he could likely handle centre at the pro level? It would be great to have another centre prospect with high-end potential.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Samberg wasn't even supposed to be in the NCAA. He was supposed to be in the USHL for a year due to UMD's depth at D. Only reason he's on the team is someone left. So we can assume he's playing third pairing.

Probably best to wait until next year before we start hitting the panic button.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Do we know when the final cuts will be? Love to see the kid in action.

They just played their first pre-tourney game 14-0 vs Belarus. They have another one on Friday against Sweden who beat Denmark tonight 13-1. Not sure if they'll cut down before that game but most certainly by Saturday.

Canada beat Czech 9-0 BTW. Lots of lopsided games.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Most of the posters on team USA thread seem to have him penciled into their final 7 but who really knows yet I guess?
Maybe nice to have him on roster for experience for next year. Not sure of age of rest of dmen. Samberg seems to burst with character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad