Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Still can't watch the TSNGO stream on my iPad. Plugged in my old laptop and the stream is fine. Weird. Will watch the second half of today's game

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Stanley paired with Mahura today. Only saw last 10 minutes of second. They spent a lot of time hemmed in their own zone. Actually Canada had a lot of trouble executing breakouts, not just when that pair was out there. Kinda sort of like the Jets ;) Hope there's more interesting stuff in the third.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Stanley didn't play too much in the third. Seemed like he got unpaired from Mahura and became the extra. Lots of D dressed. He even took one shift on the right side. He also played on the PK exclusively on the right side. I wasn't all that impressed with Canada's D TBH. Even Clague and Mete had their "moments." Those black numbers on the red jerseys really didn't make it easy to keep track of things as well as I would have liked. Basically I have a tough time handicapping anything based on what I saw.

We'll have to wait and see if Stanley survives the first round of cuts.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Pronman

Winnipeg: Leon Gawanke, D
I’ve watched a little of Gawanke in the QMJHL this season and for Germany at the world juniors B pool. I don’t see a guy who is going to make a high-level play with dazzling speed and skill, but he does a lot fine. He skates decent, has a nice stick, moves the puck reasonably well and can be OK defensively. Is that an NHL player even at 6-foot-1? I’m not so sure, but I think, at the very least, he has a chance.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Pronman

I’ve watched a little of Gawanke in the QMJHL this season and for Germany at the world juniors B pool. I don’t see a guy who is going to make a high-level play with dazzling speed and skill, but he does a lot fine. He skates decent, has a nice stick, moves the puck reasonably well and can be OK defensively. Is that an NHL player even at 6-foot-1? I’m not so sure, but I think, at the very least, he has a chance.
Can one be more vague?

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Stanley didn't play too much in the third. Seemed like he got unpaired from Mahura and became the extra. Lots of D dressed. He even took one shift on the right side. He also played on the PK exclusively on the right side. I wasn't all that impressed with Canada's D TBH. Even Clague and Mete had their "moments." Those black numbers on the red jerseys really didn't make it easy to keep track of things as well as I would have liked. Basically I have a tough time handicapping anything based on what I saw.

We'll have to wait and see if Stanley survives the first round of cuts.
Turning into extra mid-game doesn't sound very good for his chances

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Turning into extra mid-game doesn't sound very good for his chances

I don't know what to make of it. Perhaps they rotated that every period? Didn't watch the first thirty minutes. None of the D stood out from the pack TBH. Tough decision.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pronman

That's a big "meh" from Pronman.

Reactions: mazmin

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Figured they'd be looking for quicker guys. Team USA and Sweden are going to be fast on the backend they want to try and match it.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Figured they'd be looking for quicker guys. Team USA and Sweden are going to be fast on the backend they want to try and match it.

Cody Glass is probably the biggest surprise but he was pretty underwhelming today and in the game I saw him play here in Vancouver

Reactions: mazmin

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Not surprised he didn't make it, thought he'd last longer than this though.

Cody Glass seems to have fallen a lot, considering some thought he was going to make the Knights roster this year. Not writing him off, just find hype funny sometimes...

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Glass cut is extremely bizarre and if Canada doesn't win Gold people (esp on HFB) will question the decision.

Not too suprised about Stanley, but very happy he was in the conversation.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Glass cut is extremely bizarre and if Canada doesn't win Gold people (esp on HFB) will question the decision.

Not too suprised about Stanley, but very happy he was in the conversation.

Vegas' first ever pick is a bust! :sarcasm:

Troll edit: Mind you, looking at how Scheifele has been playing of late... :naughty:

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Among those who are in their D+1 years, Glass is third in WHL scoring after Heponiemi (picked three spots before Samberg) and Mattheos (picked one spot before Kovacevic). That's an impressive feat.

Why he was dropped from team Canada confuses me, but then again, the competition for those roster spots is brutal.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah I think Glass will turn it around. He's in a rough patch, everyone goes through them. The timing just sucks for him because it's during Camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad