Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
If Morrissey, Petan and Ehlers all go back to Junior, the Jets are going to have three of the very upper end Junior players in their pipeline. For what it's worth, it would be hard to imagine another team with a better list of prospects, especially at the top end.

I think we've been through this discussion before and it really hasn't changed. We'd be somewhere between middle of the pack to top third for prospects depending on who does the rating.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think we've been through this discussion before and it really hasn't changed. We'd be somewhere between middle of the pack to top third for prospects depending on who does the rating.

I disagree. The Jets would move up this season if those three stay in the prospect pool.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Ratings out the window, I think we've got some fantastic young players and fantastic prospects. One year from today we'll be at year 4 since the relocation, and headed into season 5 and from a draft/develop standpoint all in the NHL (my opinion) will be Scheifele, Trouba, Morrissey, Ehlers, Lowry, Petan and Lipon. Excluding goaltenders and going by skaters (12 forwards / 6 defenseman) that's nearly half the roster alone that is turned over via the draft since relocation. And the majority of these young players (aside from Lipon) are very nice young, talented hockey players who are going to be fine NHL'ers (again, my opinion).

Not to shabby. At all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I personally really like the direction we are headed. :nod:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@JimTothSports: The 5-0 @bdnwheatkings host #NHLJets prospect Eric Comrie & the Tri-City Americans tonight in #WHL action.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Brandon is 4-0

The Wheaties got the better players right now. Duke is a top end player and should have been drafted higher but playing in Lethbridge last year really brought his stock down. He is going to play on a line with Time Mcgauley and Rihards Bukharts. That should be a really good line and I expect him to put up numbers.

Erkamps is a solid top 3 D man in the WHL. He is very good at moving the puck and is very tough as well. He will help solidify our D, which is probably the weakest spot on the team.

Lethbridge is getting 3 very hard working players that wouldn't have seen a lot of ice time in Brandon. I think it will improve them but it isn't what I would say is a fair trade.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Brandon is 4-0

The Wheaties got the better players right now. Duke is a top end player and should have been drafted higher but playing in Lethbridge last year really brought his stock down. He is going to play on a line with Time Mcgauley and Rihards Bukharts. That should be a really good line and I expect him to put up numbers.

Erkamps is a solid top 3 D man in the WHL. He is very good at moving the puck and is very tough as well. He will help solidify our D, which is probably the weakest spot on the team.

Lethbridge is getting 3 very hard working players that wouldn't have seen a lot of ice time in Brandon. I think it will improve them but it isn't what I would say is a fair trade.

How it the young first overall pick in the entry draft?

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I mean, he's not Zachary #PureWinz, but I guess he's okay.:naughty:

I'm going to be really pissed when Fucale is the starter at the World Juniors again and Comrie is sitting on the bench.

I know it's going to happen, but even knowing before hand won't help with being frustratingly pissed off.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I mean, he's not Zachary #PureWinz, but I guess he's okay.:naughty:

My nickname for Fucale.... ".890"...

So far, it looks like he's going to create a bit of anxiety for the Hockey Canada guys who seem convinced that he's Canada's top u-20 goalie.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm going to be really pissed when Fucale is the starter at the World Juniors again and Comrie is sitting on the bench.

I know it's going to happen, but even knowing before hand won't help with being frustratingly pissed off.

Comrie will be lucky to go.... looks like Fucale and Jarry as the tandem.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'm certain that Hockey Canada makes its selections based more on politics than skill. I can see them as the seedy politician who sells public works projects to his friends who own construction companies. There's a lot of pressure on them to ice a winning team this year, what with the WJC being in Canada this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad