GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:30 - FSD

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
He's lost his mind.

I watched 2 minutes and had to turn it off. Who is he trying to feed this nonsense to? I hope nobody buys this garbage...blah blah blah last 5 periods. We've been bad for the last 5 years there Ken, nevermind the last 5 periods.

Concerning those first two minutes you allegedly watched, he was asked a direct question about the last 2 games and answered it truthfully and quite critically, might I add. As such, I simply don't understand your reaction, if you, indeed, actually watched any of it.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Helmer with the snip show.

Always love to hear Kenny Loggins playing after a Helm goal.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Helm with a breakaway goal????? That happens about 1 every 40 breakaways he has.

This result is worst case scenario in my opinion. Reinstating a false sense of hope in a hopeless team. Can't wait to hear the "we're only 2 pts out of a playoff spot" nonsense.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Big E deserves some praise as a vet playing better than expected this season along with Abby. Not just that shot or anything I just think he's been playing relatively well compared to the rest of the bads on our blue line.
If you want to point at his point totals that isn't what I'm talking about.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Concerning those first two minutes you allegedly watched, he was asked a direct question about the last 2 games and answered it truthfully and quite critically, might I add. As such, I simply don't understand your reaction, if you, indeed, actually watched any of it.

Too many commas. I don't understand what you mean.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Helm with a breakaway goal????? That happens about 1 every 40 breakaways he has.

This result is worst case scenario in my opinion. Reinstating a false sense of hope in a hopeless team. Can't wait to hear the "we're only 2 pts out of a playoff spot" nonsense.
I, on the other hand, enjoy when my team wins.

To each his own.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I, on the other hand, enjoy when my team wins.

To each his own.

I enjoy Cups and playoff success, and not losing games 10-1. You need to be bad right now in order to be good again one day. All part of a process. I would rather be very bad now in order to help us be very good again, than be mediocre now and remain mediocre for 10 more years. You are right though, to each their own. I just think winning games right now hurts us in the long run.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
you guys might have beat us but that means you coach stays longer!!! so HAAH take that and remember next time you play us !!! :p

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
He's lost his mind.

I watched 2 minutes and had to turn it off. Who is he trying to feed this nonsense to? I hope nobody buys this garbage...blah blah blah last 5 periods. We've been bad for the last 5 years there Ken, nevermind the last 5 periods.

You probably would have liked it more had you listened longer.

Basically he says he thinks Blash is doing fine because we have a mediocre roster, and that if don't look a probable playoff team in a month or so, he'll be selling for picks. He says he was trying to go on playoff runs until (without stating it explicitly) Dats retired, but that hes now looking to acquire picks and prospects rather than trading them away. That said, he wants the team to at least be in with an outside chance of making the playoffs while we rebuild, because 1) the experience of playing in playoff games and high stakes games is better for young players and 2) Why would young players want to stay here or come here if we aren't at least trying to win seeing as we don't have any top players in their prime & 3) He doesn't want to ice a team that just throws the kids to the wolves and let them sink or swim *cough* (Oilers & Coyotes) *cough*.

Its not exciting, and it doesn't suggest a fire sale, but it is, despite the irritating nature of KH's speaking voice, pretty sensible...

Reactions: waltdetroit

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
There are a lot of things wrong with that PP unit. Bad coaching/player usage - Mantha getting 0 touches when he should be QBing the PP from the half wall due to elite playmaking/shot , poor decisions by players - never trying for any other looks than a Frk one timer when its obv it wasn't working, and bad players such as Frk

Put Mantha where Larkin currently is and let him run the PP, put Abby in front of the net, and move Larkin over to where Frk is. The more Mantha has the puck the better our PP will be.

Before anyone questions me, yes i know more than Blashill and whichever idiot designs their PP. I've been watching hockey on TV for like 7 years. Blash and these assistants have only been here for a few years. :sarcasm:

To be fair Frk had their d-men crapping themselves every time he got a one timer and removed Kulikov for half a period by hitting him with the puck!

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
You probably would have liked it more had you listened longer.

Basically he says he thinks Blash is doing fine because we have a mediocre roster, and that if don't look a probable playoff team in a month or so, he'll be selling for picks. He says he was trying to go on playoff runs until (without stating it explicitly) Dats retired, but that hes now looking to acquire picks and prospects rather than trading them away. That said, he wants the team to at least be in with an outside chance of making the playoffs while we rebuild, because 1) the experience of playing in playoff games and high stakes games is better for young players and 2) Why would young players want to stay here or come here if we aren't at least trying to win seeing as we don't have any top players in their prime & 3) He doesn't want to ice a team that just throws the kids to the wolves and let them sink or swim *cough* (Oilers & Coyotes) *cough*.

Its not exciting, and it doesn't suggest a fire sale, but it is, despite the irritating nature of KH's speaking voice, pretty sensible...

GMs routinely praise their coaches up to the very second before they fire them. That being said, he might be looking for an excuse to keep Blashill around that won't make him look silly. Losing close games and at least appearing "competitive" from game to game accomplishes that. Losing 10-1 doesn't. That's what I got from the interview on this particular subject.

Reactions: lomekian

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Didn't watch the game, but what on earth is with all the complaints about Frk??? He is not even close to Pulkkinen 2.0! Frk actually hits the net and has done well on our PP this season, who cares if he had a bad PP shift/game? He is one of the few guys on are team who has shoot first mentality and hits the net plenty. He also competes 100% more than Pulks ever did! Honestly some Wings fans will just pick anything to nag on, and it is sickening.

How can he expect a rebound if he misses the net by 3 feet every time?

That was Pulkkinen not Frk! Not only that be we freaking won 5-1 tonight, there should be no complaints, except from the lame side that wants the team they cheer for to lose games on purpose. Edmonton did plenty of losing, and they still suck, so that strategy is extremely dumb and has no honour or class.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Nice to see the team can rally eventually. Just because this feels like a lost season doesn't mean you want to see them fall so flat on their faces that it feels impossible to get up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad