Post-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets at New York Rangers 11/1/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I really like the idea of getting Sekera. Would give us a puckmover on each pair when healthy. John Moore isn't the answer. His offense hasn't showed a lick of improvement since he's been here. The question is what would we have to give up.

SupersonicMonkey*

Sekera is a rental, too. Both for any team that trades for him and Carolina if they don't trade him. Why would anyone subject themselves to staying with that club in this division.

Adding Sekera + a center for a playoff push would be big for the Rangers.

Sekera and Vermette with peripherals would be outstanding.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Sekera is a rental, too. Both for any team that trades for him and Carolina if they don't trade him. Why would anyone subject themselves to staying with that club in this division.

LOve Vermette, dude is a niche player that has been around a long time and fills many needs and isn't over the hill.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

LOve Vermette, dude is a niche player that has been around a long time and fills many needs and isn't over the hill.

Stepan should be back soon. I don't know why you're worrying about Vermette. He's a good player but who is he going to replace?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Sekera and Vermette would be ****ing amazing for this team. Even if it's just one of them, they'd be great adds.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Kostka is a majestic creature

Kostka!!!

1386350216816793_294d_625x1000.jpg

SupersonicMonkey*

Stepan should be back soon. I don't know why you're worrying about Vermette. He's a good player but who is he going to replace?

Hayes/St. Louis/Mueller...

Push Muller to 4th line LW.

Let Hayes work on things in the AHL, specifically faceoffs, of which he is brutal.

The St. Louis in the middle experiment ends. He goes back to RW.

Don't care about the cap and other's ice time. I want a Cup. They want to contend, they need the best players they can realistically get for a run at it. The cap and everything else can be worried about in the summer.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Hayes/St. Louis/Mueller...

Push Muller to 4th line LW.

Let Hayes work on things in the AHL, specifically faceoffs, of which he is brutal.

The St. Louis in the middle experiment ends. He goes back to RW.

Don't care about the cap and other's ice time. I want a Cup. They want to contend, they need the best players they can realistically get for a run at it. The cap and everything else can be worried about in the summer.

Vermette is one hell of a useful player. This team needs options at center ice, and trust me if the rangers added a player like that for a reasonable price, it would help this team immensely.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Vermette is one hell of a useful player. This team needs options at center ice, and trust me if the rangers added a player like that for a reasonable price, it would help this team immensely.

He makes us very, very strong down the middle, allows MSL to be a wing again, while Moore goes back to centering the 4th line.

SupersonicMonkey*

He makes us very, very strong down the middle, allows MSL to be a wing again, while Moore goes back to centering the 4th line.

I'm envisioning...

Zuccarello - Brassard - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - St. Louis
Hagelin - Vermette - Duclair
Mueller - Moore - Stempniak
Malone

McDonagh - Klein
Staal - Girardi
Sekera - Boyle
Hunwick

Lundqvist
Talbot

That's a better roster than the one that got to the Final.

SupersonicMonkey*

I believe in our center's when stepan gets back. I would love sekera tho. Could help us on the PP to.

Even when Stepan gets back, who is our 3rd center? Our 4th?

Stepan
Brassard
Mueller/St.Louis/Hayes
Moore

Isn't winning a Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad