Post-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets at New York Rangers 11/1/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFiP*

Can we stop with MSL in the shootout.. he was awful on that breakaway and SO attempt..

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
did winnipeg play two lines the whole night? seemed to always be the same guys on the ice for them.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The Jets are hot garbage. Got thoroughly dominated against a team with 4 dmen that make up the 2nd and 3rd pairs.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I would let MSL walk after this year. The end is near for him. He's a terrible board player. He can't score anymore. Really becoming disappointed in that trade. Cally and 1 first rounder was plenty. Sather got bent over.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
The forwards needed to pot a goal and failed. The defense and goaltending held up their end and then some. It should of never needed to be decided by a shootout.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We were the better team except on the scoreboard at the end. We couldn't finish. Had some great chances--some of which came in bunches.

Girardi was outstanding. Staal and Hunwick pretty close to that. Kostka even played pretty well. Expecting Allen and McIlrath up for monday's game.

AHB*

Spoken like a person who has never faced shots of that magnitude.

You give kudos to the shooters there, not the goalie for giving them up...

Lundqvist was also a major reason there was a goose egg on the board for 65 minutes..

Blame AV for putting in Moore, and MSL, when he had plenty of other better options on the bench.

I've heard you argue this way a thousand times and it's disgusting. You're right, I haven't faced consistent NHL shots in a game atmosphere and neither have you. That's why Henrik makes 8 Million dollars and is considered the best goalie in the world and that's why I pay a **** load of money every year to see him.

I'm sick of you talking down to people and

A) telling them what they have or haven't done (since you don't know me personally you have no clue)

B) Acting as if you're the only one who gets it when it comes to goalie positioning/shots/saves/etc.

I'm not blaming anyone, this was a great effort by the whole team. That being said, both of those shots were stoppable.

Those 2 shots were stoppable. Were they easy, no. But they were stoppable. Don't tell me they weren't, because I've seen Hank make that save a thousand times and I saw a lesser goalie do it at the other end tonight.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The forwards needed to pot a goal and failed. The defense and goaltending held up their end. It should of never needed to be decided by a shootout.

We were scoring 3/GPG since the season started. They're allowed to have an off night.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Staal and Girardi were beastly tonight. Hunwick solid too. Kostka still sucks.

Oh and **** Evander Kane.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Bull**** loss.

Defense plays lights out awesome, after two major injuries, and basically shuts down a team for 65 minutes, but loses because the other has a hot goaltender and gets away with hooking, holding, pawing, and interfering.

That's at least three or four losses in Lundqvist's career where he gets a shutout.

The NHL would improve mightily if Paul Maurice had nothing more to do with it.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@BlueshirtBanter: Rangers (with 2.5 NHL defenseman) dominated tonight. Don't hang your head over that lost second point.”

Exactly. Some people are going nuts for no reason. It was a great game both ways, and both goalies played excellent.

This is why they are both deserving of the shutouts they earned tonight. Rangers just couldn't get it done in the shootout, it happens.

The bigger problem is McD and whether he needs surgery or not. Sather has to make a move...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Gutsy point, no doubt about it. Any time you get a point down 2 defensemen for essentially the whole game, it's tough to complain...

but...

Gotta see more finish from the forwards. Made Pavelec look like an actual NHL starting goalie.

Not excited for the Frankenstein D we'll be throwing out there on Monday. This year has not been kind to the Rangers health for sure.

Stepan eligible to return! :yo:

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Probably the best defensive effort of the season. Throwback Staal-Girardi from 2010-11. Kostka was far better than I anticipated, and Hunwick continued his steady play. The forwards really stepped up and supported the defense, that's something they need to do when we have 6 D playing and not just in circumstances like tonight. Hank was sharp as well.

But lack of finish cost them the game, what else is new. Some weak stuff from Marty, he needs to step it up. The PP is a joke with their inability to convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad