News Article: Winnipeg Jets: 2013 NHL Draft War Room

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lets hope the Jets get at least a second for Burmi!

I think it would be a bad idea to trade Burmi (or any other player) simply for draft pick(s) today. The value of picks are overvalued on draft day. How could they not be? The GMs have a ton of scouts harassing them with tales of the future stardom of all the guys they've been scouting all year.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
That was sarcasm. I'm pretty confident at least it was sarcasm ;)

Funny, I was on the other end of the confused sarcasm spectrum yesterday. :laugh:

But yeah, it was sarcasm. If we're trading a solid young third liner with some untapped potential, it'd be nice to have more than a pick that would probably only be as good as Burmi is now.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
You guys are not up to speed, Burmi want's to play in the KHL now (yeah the same league he once said was for old men), better to get any pick than nothing at this point.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
You guys are not up to speed, Burmi want's to play in the KHL now (yeah the same league he once said was for old men), better to get any pick than nothing at this point.

Yeah I know about that, but the source is kinda iffy.

Could be true, we'll figure it out soon enough. If it is true and he's trying to sign in the KHL then a 2nd would be pretty good, but I don't trust the source.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

Source is VERY iffy. As we know his agent, he likes to push a little the value of his client. He did it twice before. I'm very confident Burmistrov isn't giving up on the NHL, yet. He is to determined to be a bigger part in this league, as for doing it as a Jet, thats another question, of course.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I don't quite think the sky is falling yet. Are you not the least bit sceptical of the timing of this?? Burmi may have fallen out of favor with some on our board but a bit of patience is probably a good idea. We can do better than a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad