GDT: Winnipeg @ Flames (Battle Of Atlanta!) 7PM MT | SNW|

May 27, 2012
Earth
article_df7a0c5f-fdac-4ded-98f7-ce8c3d172df8.jpg

Aug 3, 2010
Oh I know. We were kind of riffing ex-Jets for a bit there.

Anywho, I like the Jets, but there are certainly some Flames fans on this board who have less-than-joyful feelings towards the Jets, so if you'd like to keep your lofty impression of Flames fans in order, I suggest you start running now and don't check back. :laugh:

I hated the old Jets. They're basically one of the biggest reasons this Flames team only has 1 Cup in its history, as an underdog team that beat Calgary in the first round… but consequently lost rathet easily to the other, bigger, better teams of the mid-80's. They never had a real chance at the Cup, but managed to take out the Flames who could've done some real damage in the later rounds.
There were some real good games in the rivalry back in the day.

The new Jets I'm pretty indifferent to as a franchise because they're pretenders, a shadow of the past and nothing more. Didn't prove much as the Thrashers, haven't proved much as the Jets. Not the same history or franchise, just an imposter.
Their fans will argue otherwise, but they're hardly the same ones anyways. Nearly an entire generation of Jets' fans never existed, and the new ones now hardly know what a rivalry is.

At least Byfuglien will probably be awesome. Something to look forward to, better than playing the Oilers any more.
In fact, let's trade the Central division the Oilers for the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad