GDT: Winnipeg @ Flames (Battle Of Atlanta!) 7PM MT | SNW|

Florian

Nov 23, 2014
Dublin
Decent performance, more important the two points. Glad for Baertschi to get so much ice time in the first and second period. Did a really god job I thought, but still needs to add bit physicality in my mind. Yet nice to see coach Hartley rewarded him today. Should give the lad some confidence. Though he wasn't much on the ice in the third. But that's fine. Different qualities were required then.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Oilers lost? Well slap me silly. :sarcasm:

EDIT: Oh wow, they won. :laugh: In a shootout though. Well every bit helps.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
My favorite part of the game last night was when Sven boxed out that Winnipeg player to give Raymond the opportunity to score by using his speed.

May 27, 2012
Earth
My favorite part of the game last night was when Sven boxed out that Winnipeg player to give Raymond the opportunity to score by using his speed.

Raymond would have gotten the puck anyways. Besides, Baerstchi was the one going for the puck. Raymond was all like "Not today Sven!" and took it and scored.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Raymond would have gotten the puck anyways. Besides, Baerstchi was the one going for the puck. Raymond was all like "Not today Sven!" and took it and scored.

I disagree. If Sven was really trying to get the puck, he and the defender would have been neck and neck, and an opportunity would have never occurred. Instead, Sven got in front of him and slowed down the defender, allowing Raymond to speed up and let a shot go. That's how I at least saw it.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think that was a deliberate play by Sven to spring Raymond. Definitely shows his intelligence.

I love that he has been doing the little things right lately. Now, he just needs to combine those little things with the offensive upside we first saw in him a couple of years ago. I really hope he can at least pan out to be a middle 6er for us, behind Johnny.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I think that was a deliberate play by Sven to spring Raymond. Definitely shows his intelligence.

You might say he's smarter than the average Baer.

bear_one180x266.jpg

May 27, 2012
Earth
i disagree. If sven was really trying to get the puck, he and the defender would have been neck and neck, and an opportunity would have never occurred. Instead, sven got in front of him and slowed down the defender, allowing raymond to speed up and let a shot go. That's how i at least saw it.

[nhl]741514[/nhl]

Sven had him beat, Raymond just happened to be the faster skater and picked it up. He probably said " I got" and that is why Sven held up. Either way we won lol.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
RS, see what I see is almost like a pick that you set in basketball. He was careful not to physically interfere with him, but held him up just enough to allow Raymond a free lane to the net. But as you say, a good play nonetheless :)

May 27, 2012
Earth
RS, see what I see is almost like a pick that you set in basketball. He was careful not to physically interfere with him, but held him up just enough to allow Raymond a free lane to the net. But as you say, a good play nonetheless :)

^ Sven slowed down enough to not cause interference.

Fair enough. I just don't think he did it intentional as you guys think. Baerstchi was going to get the puck if Raymond wasn't there to get it. He became aware of Raymond as soon as he came into vision and most likely said something to Sven and picked it up.

He was careful not to physically interfere with him because he would get a interference call if he decided to got through him. Happened to me before in hockey. He took the safer route and beat him with speed and cut in front of him to get the positioning on the puck. He didn't just do it because he planned a pick, it just happened.

I am done now lol. I have to finish some homework.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Fair enough. I just don't think he did it intentional as you guys think. Baerstchi was going to get the puck if Raymond wasn't there to get it. He became aware of Raymond as soon as he came into vision and most likely said something to Sven and picked it up.

He was careful not to physically interfere with him because he would get a interference call if he decided to got through him. Happened to me before in hockey. He took the safer route and beat him with speed and cut in front of him to get the positioning on the puck. He didn't just do it because he planned a pick, it just happened.

I am done now lol. I have to finish some homework.
I saw it the same way as this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad