Value of: Winners and Losers in the Expansion Draft

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Pens easy winners. Got rid of bad contract for late 2nd in 2020.I'm surprised they couldn't get more.
losers.. sens, vegas. preds

I think the Pens knew Vegas needed a charismatic/face of franchise type of guy to sell some tickets and Fleury was the only thing unprotected remotely close to that.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
To me, Nashville is a loser here.

You look at the decision to protect 4 D, and have to wonder, is Ellis so much more valuable than the D they took, that Poile couldn't have struck a minor deal to keep him?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
To me, Nashville is a loser here.

You look at the decision to protect 4 D, and have to wonder, is Ellis so much more valuable than the D they took, that Poile couldn't have struck a minor deal to keep him?

Ellis was one of the best players on the team last season.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Neal was a very popular team mate. Nobody wanted him gone. It's rumored that GMGM was wanting a 2018 1st, 2017 2nd and 2 prospects from Poile to protect who he wanted. Being that Jarnkrok is signed 6 yrs for 2 mil and is a good 2 way C and Neal would be a UFA next season needing a raise from the 5 mil he's making now, the choice was clear.
Neal was the sacrifice McPhee forced for the Forsberg debacle.

When you put it like that, it almost sounds like McPhee had the Forsberg for Neal thing planned out the whole time, like he purposely set up the dominoes and was just patiently biding the years for them to fall. Obviously he didn't, because that'd be a crazy thing to do and there'd be no way of knowing that he'd lose the Washington job only to end up years later in Las Vegas, at a time that Forsberg would be a difference maker in him getting an actual impact player onto an expansion roster. Right? Right?!

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues were a winner...probably a win-win on Perron. Blues needed cap space and off-loaded the second biggest available cap after not wanting to pay assets to dump Lehtera.

Agree. Dump Perron and save 4 mill and keep both 1st rounders and their 2nd. Total win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad