Value of: Winners and Losers in the Expansion Draft

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hurricanes. We thought we were losing Stempniak or we were going to give up a 2/3rd to have them pick someone else to keep him. Instead they took Brickley + a 5th. Brickley was wayyy down our depth chart.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
from the Canucks POV we are winners. No more 4m dollar Spizza delivery man.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Winners = jets

Everyone in their division lost roster players. Wild lost a good prospect. The jets actually had addition by subtraction in losing Thorburn.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Biggest Winners:
Montreal & Vancouver

Losers:
NYI & Preds (Garth with a lol of a trade, Preds lose likely the best skater at the draft).

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
I think Minnesota and Anaheim are major winners, they got sweetheart deals. Losers I would say Florida, Ottawa, and Nashville.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Minnesota definitely a winner. Didnt give up a great prospect and only lost Haula. Could have been alot worse for them. They most likely had deals in place for Dumba/Scandella/Brodin trades so they didnt expose any of them if Vegas didnt take Haula+prospect

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
Winners: Montreal, Dallas, Vancouver all lost deadweight for free. That's a win. Could throw Minnesota and Anaheim on there as well, considering how hard they could have been hit but managed to avoid it

Losers: Vegas, Florida, Tampa, Islanders, Columbus, Nashville

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Minnesota definitely came out pretty solid. Considering they had not 1, but 2 Top 4D exposed and only had to pay a B prospect to protect both and instead just lose a bottom 6 forward.

Nasvhille was a big loser as they lost one of its top forwards. Probably the single best player lost in the draft.

AkiLumme

May 9, 2017
Ottawa
Biggest Winner = Wild

They were in probably the worst situation of anybody and managed to only lose a current 3rd line forward and a future 3rd line forward. Not bad at all.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Sens are pretty big losers imo

#2 Dman gone for nothing. With nobody to replace him.

Marc Staal come on down... :sarcasm:

Looks bad for the Isles but not that bad when you really look at it.

Sucks losing Lindberg from an NYR perspective. I think he is going to surprise.

Boston losing Miller is a tough one, in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad