GDT: Wings @ Sens 7:30pm TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
So which goals should he have saved?

The larkin one, and....

It was meh tonight, but it would've been nice if he could have saved the Tatar goal.

This team has a below avg D, which means it requires above average goaltending especially gamebreaking saves.

Either you fix the D, or the tender has to be god like. Andy wasn't god like, he was meh tonight, and the result are those goals against.

Wasn't Andy's fault, it's a product of the dumpster D that puts him in an unfair position to be a beast game in game out. But essentially, that is what he has to be with the current D group. Which is unfortunate

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It was meh tonight, but it would've been nice if he could have saved the Tatar goal.

This team has a below avg D, which means it requires above average goaltending especially gamebreaking saves.

Either you fix the D, or the tender has to be god like. Andy wasn't god like, he was meh tonight, and the result are those goals against.

Wasn't Andy's fault, it's a product of the dumpster D that puts him in an unfair position to be a beast game in game out. But essentially, that is what he has to be with the current D group. Which is unfortunate

Sure, it would be nice if he made the breakaway save against the guy that scored 29 goals last year, but I'm not so convinced you can really fault him for giving up a goal in that situation.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
So which goals should he have saved?

The larkin one, and....

One of nyquist or tatar

on the tatar one he blocks the 5 hole with his stick while tatar goes top shelf
it was a wild guess
its not soccer its hockey
its rare I blame Andy i like him but tonight was mehhh
the other option is conner so not really an option
Andy will be better next game I guess

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Fair assessment and I agree. But the team still needs a playmaking offensive Center as Zib is not there yet. Yet, I said. I still think he will improve.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
"We can't have this 'one bad goal per game' rule."

- everybody last year about Lehner.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
One of nyquist or tatar

on the tatar one he blocks the 5 hole with his stick while tatar goes top shelf
it was a wild guess
its not soccer its hockey
its rare I blame Andy i like him but tonight was mehhh
the other option is conner so not really an option
Andy will be better next game I guess

Tatar didn't go top shelf, he went about a foot off the ice blocker side.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
"We can't have this 'one bad goal per game' rule."

- everybody last year about Lehner.

Yeah its a shame the Sens traded away that goalie who showed up to camp 30 pounds overweight and tore himself apart a week into the season.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Sure, it would be nice if he made the breakaway save against the guy that scored 29 goals last year, but I'm not so convinced you can really fault him for giving up a goal in that situation.

I think you might be misinterpreting my position Mickle, I'm not blaming him for it, nor am I defending him. He's put in a position where he unfairly has to make godly saves consistently, so by that point I should be defending him. However, with the D the way it is, he needs to make it.

Yes, it would of been nice to have a game breaking save.
Not saying that is what we should be expecting of him, but based on the product put on the ice, it is what's needed.
But if he doesn't make it, it's understandable and he shouldn't be crucified for it.

Again, I say it is unfortunate.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We've played worse and got a point out of an almost loss.

Yep.

There were some breakdowns here and there (especially the first sleepy 10 minutes of the game), but overall...not bad.

I point the finger mostly at the refs that allowed Detroit to pick and hold and interfere with impunity (as usual with that team).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yep.

There were some breakdowns here and there (especially the first sleepy 10 minutes of the game), but overall...not bad.

I point the finger mostly at the refs that allowed Detroit to pick and hold and interfere with impunity (as usual with that team).

Not to mention high stick pucks out of the air.

Reffing was pretty terrible, though I don't think it was bad enough that it should have cost us the game. We really need to shore up the D...

More mins for Wideman and Cowen in for Wier should help, but I'd love to upgrade Boro with someone like Gunnarsson.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
How the hell are we still second in the division seriously?

1. Our division ****ing sucks. The only strong team right now in this division is Montreal.
2. Loser point.

Keep playing like this and we will no doubt fall out.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Tampa is sucking, Boston has played 2 fewer games, and Toronto... well they're Toronto. Detroit has been pretty bad this year too but mostly because of injuries imo.

Good news is our issues are fixable. Just scratch Wier and don't play Cowen with Boro.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
We are big fans of playing in overtime every game thats why

I've just checked our ROW and we are at 5 good for second to last in the league with only Toronto behind us

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thought our biggest issue that game (aside from Wier, I mean we gotta blame him, right) was missing the net, or passing when in quality shooting positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad