GDT: Wings @ Panthers - 7 EST

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
What exactly is Blash expecting the ref to tell him? Or does he just want an opportunity to scream in the ref's face a bunch more?

I don't know but it's not uncommon for a ref to come to the bench and have a conversation with the coach.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nothing controversial about that call. Good goal. Wings got what they deserved with how they played most of the night.

There is a ton wrong with that call. It is illegal in the rulebook.

Not much you can do about it, the Ilitch family should pay the fines and guys should just go on tirades over that.

I get it, sometimes it is cool to bag on this team, they didn't play a great game. But that is straight larceny the NHL should be ashamed.

I honestly would have left the ice if I was them. **** the seven seconds and just refused to keep playing.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
LOL.
Mr. Mindreader here.
He made the save. He was knocked down and didn't know where it was.
Skate on skate and then body to his shoulder.
Tough to call it embellishment.

If Green wins a ****ing battle for the puck Detroit's in OT
Yeah Green was invisible tonight. Actually he's been invisible since the All Star break

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Passion for passion's sake is not a good thing.

If you freak out over every little thing then you come across as crazy. I do not think the circumstances warranted that kind of reaction from the Red Wings.

Well, in their defense, if you're gonna freak out about a call, a call you disagree with that decides the game with 7 seconds left is a good one.

Reactions: theYman

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well, in their defense, if you're gonna freak out about a call, a call you disagree with that decides the game with 7 seconds left is a good one.

I honestly don't know why they stayed on the ice. They should have followed Blashill right down the tunnel. It would have been a better statement to the league from the team.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
After the slash the other night to the goalies head and the goal was allowed this does not surprise me. That said it's time to start running the other teams goalies now. They are letting it all go any way why not?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
But again, passion for passion's sake is not a good thing. Doesn't matter what point in the game it is. Just makes you look like a sore loser.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Passion for passion's sake is not a good thing.

If you freak out over every little thing then you come across as crazy. I do not think the circumstances warranted that kind of reaction from the Red Wings.

They're fighting for a playoff spot, whether the people here want to acknowledge it or not.

Judging by the lack of consistency regarding goaltender interference calls, the anger was absolutely warranted.

But hey, maybe I'm just "crazy," right Doc?

Reactions: Winger98

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
They're fighting for a playoff spot, whether the people here want to acknowledge it or not.

Judging by the lack of consistency regarding goaltender interference calls, the anger was absolutely warranted.

But hey, maybe I'm just "crazy," right Doc?
What about that play makes it anything but borderline?

Sorry, you got the bad end of a call that could have went either way. This isn't Holmstrom goaltender interference stuff we are talking about, here.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
i don't know how most of you thing red wings deserve this outcome . It was an even game , they played 3 game in 4 days .
Hard work from everybody , Green and Tatar need to go , replace them with Hickets and Russmuson , outcome not going to be deferent and we will have more fun

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Whenever it is perceived that a bad call by the refs decides a game, I ask this question:

Did the team give 100 percent effort, play their best game, and have zero other excuses for the loss?

Definitely not. So it just amounts to sour grapes. Next time, if you don't want to run the risk of the zebras deciding the game... Play a heck of a lot better.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
But again, passion for passion's sake is not a good thing. Doesn't matter what point in the game it is. Just makes you look like a sore loser.

I don't see it as passion for passion's sake.

If they were freaking out about some nothing call, sure.

Nothing too wrong with looking like a sore loser.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Okay, what?

I told you what I would have done if I was them. I would have walked right down the tunnel, that game is over and you clearly all feel you got screwed. Don't give them the seven seconds bounce and tell the league you were done if that is how they want to treat their own rulebook.

If I was Mrazek my glove and stick would have been fired off the bench probably too.

Good on Mrazek not to do that for the record, just surprised he didn't. I thought for sure he was about to with how far out he was leaning over the bench.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
What about that play makes it anything but borderline?

Sorry, you got the bad end of a call that could have went either way. This isn't Holmstrom goaltender interference stuff we are talking about, here.

I don't know what you're trying to argue, really. The fact that the call itself has been subject to intense scrutiny during recent weeks?

The fact that the game was decided by that call is the reason for the anger. If that'd been the tying goal, there wouldn't be nearly as much ire; unfortunately for the Wings, the call dealt a serious blow to their playoff hopes.*

* - Again, whether or not you want them to - or think they even can - make the playoffs is irrelevant.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Whenever it is perceived that a bad call by the refs decides a game, I ask this question:

Did the team give 100 percent effort, play their best game, and have zero other excuses for the loss?

Definitely not. So it just amounts to sour grapes. Next time, if you don't want to run the risk of the zebras deciding the game... Play a heck of a lot better.

I agree with that in terms of when you sit down and watch the tape they better dissect this one.

However, they have every right to yell at the professionals that are supposed to be the best in the world at their job as well and enforce the rules getting a call wrong in their opinion.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Again it has to be mentioned over and over again. But the players don't care about a tank. We can call them delusional and they might not have been good enough. But they are at least seven seconds from another point towards their playoff chase.

They should be sour over that, very sour. They don't get to be ho-hum lets get Dahlin.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I agree with that in terms of when you sit down and watch the tape they better dissect this one.

However, they have every right to yell at the professionals that are supposed to be the best in the world at their job as well and enforce the rules getting a call wrong in their opinion.
Sorry, but we'll have to agree to disagree here.

Refs are human, and make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes will go in your favor, and sometimes not. But if you've just played a fairly sloppy game, with the score tied for nearly a full period, and then lose on a questionable play in the final seconds of regulation... You've failed yourself by leaving it susceptible to the possibility of such an outcome.

The players should learn from this, and increase their work ethic and determination, to find a way to get it done next time, instead of sinking to the level of whining about the refs.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Blashill's mistake is putting this on the refs. I get that coaches need to fight for their players but at the same time, you can't let the refs be the scapegoat. They didn't lose the game because of that call. They lost it because a lot of players didn't show up, or the game plan wasn't solid, or there wasn't good backchecking.... things you can do better at next time. Every opportunity should be a learning opportunity and losing your shit to the refs lets the guys off the hook too much.

Reactions: jkutswings

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Lmao that goal counted. The NHL is making itself into a joke with calls like that. At this point interference is as unpredictable as catches in the NFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad