Wings interested in Tyler Myers

Roy S

May 16, 2009
What kid is Dallas playing? They have 5 experienced guys back with at least a year of experience and then Connautun played 36 games last year and is 24 years old. That's the top 6 D.

If their untested rookies fail, they have a contingency plan set up to allow the experienced guys to get playing time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What kid is Dallas playing? They have 5 experienced guys back with at least a year of experience and then Connautun played 36 games last year and is 24 years old. That's the top 6 D.

If their untested rookies fail, they have a contingency plan set up to allow the experienced guys to get playing time.

Would it be Oleksiak???

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

connauton might be the 7th D.

one of nemeth, klingberg, oleksiak gets the one spot if gonchar is still there or has legs left i guess.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Dave Davis ‏@DaveDavisHockey 33 min
According to Fox Sports Detroit, the big obstacle in a Tyler Myers trade to the Red Wings is that the Sabres want Anthony Mantha.

That pretty much kills trade talks unless Holland can wow Buffalo with something else.

I don't blame Holland for not giving up Mantha. Why would he give up our best prospect in years for a guy who is a question mark (in terms of reaching what he was projected to be)?

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
That pretty much kills trade talks unless Holland can wow Buffalo with something else.

I don't blame Holland for not giving up Mantha. Why would he give up our best prospect in years for a guy who is a question mark (in terms of reaching what he was projected to be)?

I'm fine with not giving up Mantha but we have to stop acting like every one of our young guys and prospects are untouchable. Mantha, Nyquist, Marzek and Jurco are untouchable. Sheahan is borderline just because he our only young C. I'd say all our D prospects are up for grabs

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I'm fine with not giving up Mantha but we have to stop acting like every one of our young guys and prospects are untouchable. Mantha, Nyquist, Marzek and Jurco are untouchable. Sheahan is borderline just because he our only young C. I'd say all our D prospects are up for grabs

I agree with you.

Gotta give something up to get something that isn't on the block.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
According to Fox Sports Detroit, the big obstacle in a Tyler Myers trade to the Red Wings is that the Sabres want Anthony Mantha.

Yup, more confirmation here

@ShepMatt
#RedWings have talked trade with Buffalo's Tyler Myers, but @ArthurJRegner says they want Mantha and that's where to conversation ends

In your dreams Sabres.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Yup, more confirmation here

@ShepMatt
#RedWings have talked trade with Buffalo's Tyler Myers, but @ArthurJRegner says they want Mantha and that's where to conversation ends

In your dreams Sabres.

Exactly.

If Mantha's on the table, a better defender than Myers has to be coming back.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
For a top level defenseman you can't have a laundry list of untouchables. You will have to be okay with parting with Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco or Mantha. Other GMs aren't going to take our leftovers for NHL talent, that's just the fact of the matter.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
For a top level defenseman you can't have a laundry list of untouchables. You will have to be okay with parting with Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco or Mantha. Other GMs aren't going to take our leftovers for NHL talent, that's just the fact of the matter.

For Myers, I don't have to be okay with parting with Mantha.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Tyler Myers isn't what I would call a top-level defenseman at this point.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Tyler Myers isn't what I would call a top-level defenseman at this point.

I am talking in general, because other names have been floated, and those prospects and players have been labeled as untouchable. For Myers I personally wouldn't go beyond Tatar+Smith+2nd and there would have to be another piece coming back to Detroit in that deal, like a high risk high reward prospect.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I am talking in general, because other names have been floated, and those prospects and players have been labeled as untouchable. For Myers I personally wouldn't go beyond Tatar+Smith+2nd and there would have to be another piece coming back to Detroit in that deal, like a high risk high reward prospect.

Jesus Christ, are you serious? For Myers? The guy was a -26 last season and gets benched all the time.

Give me Green at this point.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Jesus Christ, are you serious? For Myers? The guy was a -26 last season and gets benched all the time.

Give me Green at this point.

Yes, but he's young, and he has talent. I would venture a guess that on a good team like Detroit, with a coach like Babcock he would turn into our #2 right away and probably be #1 soon.

crashman

It's a tough call. If the only significant forward they wanted was Mantha, I'd consider it.

If they wanted Tatar, Jurco, Pulk or Nyquist on top of Mantha, it's an easy no.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Mantha is untouchable unless Shea Weber is coming the other way. Jurco, Pulkkinen are fair game (not both).

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
It's a tough call. If the only significant forward they wanted was Mantha, I'd consider it.

If they wanted Tatar, Jurco, Pulk or Nyquist on top of Mantha, it's an easy no.

Why give up Mantha who has not proved anything yet but is expected to be a yearly 20 goal or more scorer, hopefully more like 30 goal scorer. I would be ok with Nyquist or Tatr going the other way.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'd give up Mantha as part of a package for a bona fide #1.

Nothing less.

I want Myers on the Wings really bad, but if the price is Mantha+, I'm walking away. He's good, but not that good.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
As others have mentioned, if we are going to move Mantha, might as well keep adding a couple prospects and get a player with a more polished resume and proven track record. Myers had a big rookie campaign and then got much worse as the team got worse. He was basically seen as a massive bust until last season, where he shored up his defensive game a good amount. I am sure playing on a more competitive team and for Babcock/ Blashill would make him look better, too. But still. Asking for the moon makes sense, why would you trade him for anything less if you're Buffalo? But no one is going to satisfy your offer.

crashman

Why give up Mantha who has not proved anything yet but is expected to be a yearly 20 goal or more scorer, hopefully more like 30 goal scorer. I would be ok with Nyquist or Tatr going the other way.

FYI, Tatar scored 19 goals in 73 games and Nyquist scored 28 in 57 games. They both going to be 20+ goal scorers.

I think Mantha is projected to be a 40 goal scorer, but Tatar and Nyquist are both pretty proven players. They're both certainly NHL caliber players.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
FYI, Tatar scored 19 goals in 73 games and Nyquist scored 28 in 57 games. They both going to be 20+ goal scorers.

I think Mantha is projected to be a 40 goal scorer, but Tatar and Nyquist are both pretty proven players. They're both certainly NHL caliber players.

I think Nyquist and Tats can be perennial 25 - 30 goal scorers. Mantha may be projected to be a 40 goal scorer. But I have my doubts. You have any idea how many players scored 40 or more goals last season? Like 3.

crashman

I think Nyquist and Tats can be perennial 25 - 30 goal scorers. Mantha may be projected to be a 40 goal scorer. But I have my doubts. You have any idea how many players scored 40 or more goals last season? Like 3.

Well, then trade him for Myers! ;)

My point is that Nyquist actually scored 28 goals in 57 games in the NHL (which has to be something like a ~35 goal pace), but wings95 would rather trade him than Mantha, with 0 NHL experience.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

consistent 40 goal scorer is likely not happening. only 3 or 4 players can do that.

the list of consistent 30(+) goal scores is also pretty short, considering how easy it gets thrown around. but that is realistic potential for mantha imo.

i think nyquist and tatar can average around 25 or little more over their prime years.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia

Yes they are but Mantha, if he lives up to his expectations will be way way better than those two. His size and speed and hands are supposed to be awesome. I have read where he compares to Jeff Carter and Rick Nash. Not bad but what happens if he was traded and he makes those expectations? Tatr and Nyquist while good could be replaced by Jurco or Pulkinnen..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad