Wings interested in Tyler Myers

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
That was my thought. Do you think he's worth getting? I'm thinking he would thrive in Detroit, but he also has some baggage from the past couple years.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Do it. Please.

How could you NOT be interested in this guy? He was outstanding his first two years in the league and has regressed as the Sabres have gotten worse.

He's only 24 years old and already has 318 GP under his belt.

He's had some growing pains but he could be the next Chara.

I'd absolutely be willing to move the first and/or Sproul for him.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I'll let my esteemed colleague say it:

do_not_want.jpg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd be all about it.

Feel like the price may not be as bad as some think.

Jul 30, 2005
Second this ^

RHD Big D hmmmmmm absolutely !
When you look behind the stats, he's really not very good right now. He's a guy who's been given a ton of things based on potential, but he hasn't fulfilled it yet.

Pretty risky, IMO. Yeah, he's got potential, but if he doesn't fulfill it, he's overpaid as he stands now, and the Wings would end up overpaying in trade too. He'd be doubly overpaid.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
When you look behind the stats, he's really not very good right now. He's a guy who's been given a ton of things based on potential, but he hasn't fulfilled it yet.

Pretty risky, IMO.
He's playing on an absolutely horrid team.

His first two years in the league, he put up .52 PPG while logging around 23 minutes a night at ages 19 and 20. He's already shown he can fulfill his potential. Just surround him with better players in a stable organization and I'm sure he'll be fine.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
As Rice said, he's the type of player that makes Sproul movable. He also makes Smith movable.

I'd like to someway, somehow hope we didn't have to give Tatar/Nyquist/Jurco/Mantha though.

Jul 30, 2005
He's playing on an absolutely horrid team.

His first two years in the league, he put up .52 PPG while logging around 23 minutes a night at ages 19 and 20. He's already shown he can fulfill his potential. Just surround him with better players in a stable organization and I'm sure he'll be fine.
Offensively, I can see why people want him. He's really solid offensively and he's put up some numbers.

Defensively, I have absolutely no idea. He just hasn't found that part of his game yet at all.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Pretty risky, IMO. Yeah, he's got potential, but if he doesn't fulfill it, he's overpaid as he stands now, and the Wings would end up overpaying in trade too. He'd be doubly overpaid.

Which is why he should be able to be had for a decent price.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
i love the posters you believe nhl clubs are built through july 1st and simply say no to detroit trading for anyone

the truth is, that isnt the truth

whether it be the draft or trades thats how you build a contender

free agency is like the dumpster for the homeless, its where muffin stumps and day olds get tossed.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Offensively, I can see why people want him. He's really solid offensively and he's put up some numbers.

Defensively, I have absolutely no idea. He just hasn't found that part of his game yet at all.

Playing with cup winners who have been taught early in their NHL careers to play solid defensively can't hurt.

The guy is 24. If he is at his lowest value and you think he can be anything like he was drafted to be, then you make a trade for him.

Unfortunately I worry this will be a set of talks that goes nowhere due to one side being unable to budge.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
As Rice said, he's the type of player that makes Sproul movable. He also makes Smith movable.

I'd like to someway, somehow hope we didn't have to give Tatar/Nyquist/Jurco/Mantha though.

I'd be all for trading for Myers. I think he's exactly the type of player you should target in trades.

However I'd rather give up Tatar than I would Sproul who I think is going to be a great NHLer

Jul 30, 2005
i love the posters you believe nhl clubs are built through july 1st and simply say no to detroit trading for anyone

the truth is, that isnt the truth

whether it be the draft or trades thats how you build a contender

free agency is like the dumpster for the homeless, its where muffin stumps and day olds get tossed.
NHL clubs are built through June 27-28, not July 1st.

and let's be honest with ourselves: you build a contender by having lottery picks, not by trading medium-level assets.

but I would move Smith for this. Smith, 2015 2nd, and some throw-in like Pulkkinen.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I'd be all for trading for Myers. I think he's exactly the type of player you should target in trades.

However I'd rather give up Tatar than I would Sproul who I think is going to be a great NHLer

1st, Smith, Pulkkinen

Losing Tatar hurts our forward depth. With our abundance of defensive prospects, I'm doing my best trying to give one of them or Smith away before I give away one of our young NHL forward or Mantha.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
As long as we get to keep Nyquist, Mantha, and Ouellet, I'm 100% in.

Imagine if we trade for Myers without giving up a lot AND sign Boyle... best potential off season in a while.

Just don't kick 'em, Kenny. Do it. Do it. (Duke to Rocky voice)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad