Wings interested in Tyler Myers

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Yes they are but Mantha, if he lives up to his expectations will be way way better than those two. His size and speed and hands are supposed to be awesome. I have read where he compares to Jeff Carter and Rick Nash. Not bad but what happens if he was traded and he makes those expectations? Tatr and Nyquist while good could be replaced by Jurco or Pulkinnen..

Like a poor man's Rich Nash (In his prime)?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Yes they are but Mantha, if he lives up to his expectations will be way way better than those two. His size and speed and hands are supposed to be awesome. I have read where he compares to Jeff Carter and Rick Nash. Not bad but what happens if he was traded and he makes those expectations? Tatr and Nyquist while good could be replaced by Jurco or Pulkinnen..

I agree about Mantha.

Only disagreement is I don't think they should part with Nyquist because we don't have another prospect like him. Tatar could be replaced by Jurco/Pulkkinen but no one projects to have the same style of play as Nyquist at the same level as him.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

I like the jeff carter comparrison the best. Both with size and like to shoot. If Mantha hovers around 30 with a 40 goal season in him it will be amazing

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
These may be our lines of the future when our main stars retire:

Nyquist-Larkin-Mantha
Tats-Sheahan-Jurco
Athansiou-Helm-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Callahan/Abdelkader

Jurco is the only real maybe of these players that I would trade. I do not want to see Tats going anywhere. Our bottom 6 would be players that are more likely to be traded.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Well, then trade him for Myers! ;)

My point is that Nyquist actually scored 28 goals in 57 games in the NHL (which has to be something like a ~35 goal pace), but wings95 would rather trade him than Mantha, with 0 NHL experience.

Actually it's a 40 goal pace FYI

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Maybe it was covered in the thread, but why exactly does Buffalo want to trade Myers? For a hoped to be top defender, his contract is quite the value.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Maybe it was covered in the thread, but why exactly does Buffalo want to trade Myers? For a hoped to be top defender, his contract is quite the value.

I don't think they do, necessarily.

The rumor has been that Murray is listening, but not actively shopping him and won't trade him unless he's blown away.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007

They don't. It is why they are asking for Mantha +.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
I don't think they do, necessarily.

The rumor has been that Murray is listening, but not actively shopping him and won't trade him unless he's blown away.

They dont but you would be crazy not to listen to offers especially if you can receive a prospect like Mantha and a pick. Myers is good, obviously they see his potential but in the back of their minds the last few seasons and his average at best play will be lingering.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
These may be our lines of the future when our main stars retire:

Nyquist-Larkin-Mantha
Tats-Sheahan-Jurco
Athansiou-Helm-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Callahan/Abdelkader

Jurco is the only real maybe of these players that I would trade. I do not want to see Tats going anywhere. Our bottom 6 would be players that are more likely to be traded.

That will be an amazing lineup down the road.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I don't understand people who are keen to give up Jurco. They guy has just as much potential as Nyquist and maybe only a bit less than Mantha. He's 6'2, is willing to play the body, has fantastic hands, and is a solid skater. Plus he appears to have very solid work ethic. His improvement year 1 in GR vs year 2 was remarkable. He's only 21, and has already broke the Wings roster. I mean much like the other two, he could totally bomb out, but I think his potential is definitely 1st liner. I wouldn't trade any of those 3 unless I was getting a legit young 1st line forward back.

Sheahan, Tatar, and Pulu are all in the tier below those 3. I think they all top out at 2nd line players, that more compliment than carry a line. Tatar reminds me a bit of a Kozzy type player. Has good skill, competes well, and probably gets you some clutch goals. Sheahan has very nice hands for a big defensive guy, but I'd be shocked if he ever scores more than 50pts. I don't think he'll ever focus enough on offense. Pulu is a guy I feel will be a 2nd/3rd line tweener that can dominate a PP, but needs match ups 5 on 5. Those are all guys I'm willing to give up if a good deal came along. Tatar probably has the most value, and will command the most money the soonest. Sheahan gets the benefit of being the only remotely ready top 9 center we have in our system, so it'd take a good deal to get him. It'd also probably have to be for another center.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I don't understand people wanting to trade Tatar either. But whatever. And don't give me that "He's gonna be hard to negotiate with" crap.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I don't understand people wanting to trade Tatar either. But whatever. And don't give me that "He's gonna be hard to negotiate with" crap.

Because you have to trade someone if you want to make a trade. I mean, if we're not going to trade Mantha, Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Backman, XO, Marchenko, Sproul, Mrazek, who the hell are we going to trade?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Because you have to trade someone if you want to make a trade. I mean, if we're not going to trade Mantha, Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Backman, XO, Marchenko, Sproul, Mrazek, who the hell are we going to trade?

Tats and Nyquist are the only ones that have proven anything of significance on the NHL level. Jurco showed flashes.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Same answer. Area of strength.

And he's one of the few Wings with actual trade value. Trade chips go like so...

Nyquist
Mantha
DeKeyser
Tatar
Jurco
Helm
Table scrap players like Kindl

If

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Exactly. Tatar has proven that he can be successful in the NHL. NHL GM's value a known commodity more than some prospect that was lighting up the AHL.

He is the most expendable proven asset.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

that's the problem. drafting missed/sucked for variety of reasons at the wrong time. we can't replace our young roster players from withing imo and they could help us a lot in couple of years.

i could trade XO and marchenko.

for those others there would need to be something coming back that is not going to happen (1st line F, top pairing D). one year of mike green for example, doesn't cut it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad