GDT: Wings @ Hawks 5pm NBC sports chicago (Chelios jersey retirement night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If Toews is a bit ticked off at Hawks and needs a cooling off period with current management, I don't blame him. Captains the team to three Cups and then is unceremoniously (well I guess they did do that whole ceremony which was probably annoying for him if it was involuntary) dumped when he likely have been willing to come back for nothing. They bring in Corey Perry of all people to be the old guy mentor and look how that turned out.

Toews & Kane unfairly got grouped in with the whole Brad Aldrich stuff, even though they were like 21 years old at the time. None of that was even remotely their fault, but you see people on Main Boards as always making digs at them for it like they were the perpetrators. Fact is current management wanted a "clean slate" from all of that scandal and probably viewed Kane & Toews as being representative of it for being the public faces of the team.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Guy gave his all to this team and led them to 3 cups. He's personally my favourite Hawk all time.
None of us know ultimately what is going on with Toews' health. To call him a dbag is just not cool. I still would love to know what went down with KD deciding to move on without the dynamic dual .. was it just time? Minimally Kane and Bedard would be so much fun to watch and a still healthy Toews would have been even better.
If the Hawks keep Kane and/or Toews, it's almost certain they don't get Bedard.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Captains the team to three Cups and then is unceremoniously (well I guess they did do that whole ceremony which was probably annoying for him if it was involuntary) dumped when he likely have been willing to come back for nothing.
He couldn't play anymore, that's why nobody else signed him either.

Dumped? They carried him for a number of years.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
It feels in very bad taste to trash a guy who gave that much to the team as a dbag simply for not showing up at an event. Even if he's sitting at home picking his nose with nothing better to do, that's his right.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
It feels in very bad taste to trash a guy who gave that much to the team as a dbag simply for not showing up at an event. Even if he's sitting at home picking his nose with nothing better to do, that's his right.
Of course it's his right and as a fan of the team I can comment as I wish about his exercising of that right.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They gave him 109 Millionz in salary alone worth of loyalty. He was/is washed up barring a massive change in his health and sometimes the best thing you can do for a loved one is tell them the truth.
That's fine and all but if Toews is not feeling all hunky dory just a couple months later with the Hawks management and feels like he's getting swept up in the Aldrich stuff, I think it's fair if he's a bit upset at the moment.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Toews is on a tropical vacation right now

Last week he sent a congrats message to someone at North Dakota

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A h yes...the Hawks in Denver vs. The Avs...the return of the Monday Night Massacre ...imagine going all the way to Denver on business and wasting a night going to watch the dreadful Hawks get creamed?
That is either loyal Fandom or delusional thinking bordering on the verge of automasochism ....seeking out pain for the pure enjoyment of it.

You could probably think of 100 better things to do in Denver tonight that would result in greater enjoyment..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Toews is on a tropical vacation right now

Last week he sent a congrats message to someone at North Dakota

Not necessarily on a vacation. He could easily have a house somewhere that has palm trees, especially when you consider he's basically retired at this point. Florida? Cali? Texas? Basically any state on the southern or western border of the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad