GDT: Wings at Rangers | November 29

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
How is Holl better than Edvinsson?
He's not. It's actualy absurd Edvinsson is not up with the big club. He's better than everyone other than Walman and Seider. By the end of the season he will be better tha everyone other than Seider, if he is allowed to play in the NHL

LoveHockey76

Oct 12, 2021
Bummed we lost the hold hook team of the NHL. I guess you can't call alllll the penalties. Wings rebound tomorrow and put up win. Larkin missing on the pp sure showed.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
We’re seriously blaming officiating on that one? And Husso? Seriously?

I don't think the refs made bad calls against the Wings but the non calls on hits from behind are frustrating. But that doesn't mean the Wings could've scored.

Yes I blame Husso for the game winner. He was good overall but then lets in the backbreaker.

But there were lots of guys who were invisible tonight for the Wings.

Reactions: FabricDetails

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Game should have been like 10-2. Couldn’t pass, couldn’t shoot, couldn’t defend. Can even get the puck on net.
Well the Rangers should have been in the box for 10 minutes of the game where they weren't. The high stick was also a nice moment, you can sink the camera angles, Holls's glove is above the crossbar, he knocks the puck right out of that level, I just don't get it. Quote a fake score, but realized they also got absolutely screw jobbed in that one.

Yes we are putting blame there, as usual the masses around here see a different view point than you.

Last edited:

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
When Larkin is away, the team doesn't play, I guess. That's kinda what I was afraid of after that brief win streak.

No matter. There's always tomorrow... because, you know, there's a game tomorrow.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Such a BS game. Wings deserve way better.

Fabbri, please do a better job playing the body when the puck is on an opponent's stick. Two whiffs lead to two pucks in the net.

Please be ok Ghost, since it was your fault you got boarded. Also shame on you DeBrincat, how dare you allow Kreider to check you directly in back right in your numbers.

Reactions: lilidk

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think the refs made bad calls against the Wings but the non calls on hits from behind are frustrating. But that doesn't mean the Wings could've scored.

Yes I blame Husso for the game winner. He was good overall but then lets in the backbreaker.

But there were lots of guys who were invisible tonight for the Wings.
The game and momentum really flips on them getting away with a major while knocking out our third best D-man. I think there were lots of invisible players, I also think it doesn't really forgive most of what happened in the third from the officials. I don't want to bang the drum all the time, but this is one of the 3 or 4 games they cost you a year, you usually are gifted the same. It is a hopeless feeling though when you're on the receiving end.

Last edited:

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Thought we were gonna squeeze out a point or two here but alas. Hopefully no lingering injuries here because we can’t hang if we lose Larkin +.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Well the Rangers should have been in the box for 10 minutes of the game where they weren't. The high stick was also a nice moment, you can sink the camera angles, Holls's glove is above the crossbar, he knocks the puck right out of that level, I just don't get it. Quote a fake score, but realized they also got absolutely screw jobbed in that one.

Yes we are putting blame there, as usual the masses around here see a different view point than you.
Well I guess I’m crazy for being the only one who can see this as a game we had no business even being in.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Well I guess I’m crazy for being the only one who can see this as a game we had no business even being in.
Agreed…Too many breakdowns in our end of the ice…Husso played well and we had our pp chances so there’s no excuse.

Gotta agree once again.
I thought they were in it just fine, some defense lapses doesn't throw away a decent road game for most of it. This wasn't like the first game against the Rangers.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
You guys changed my mind there is not way 2 major penalties, 1 four minute major, a high stick goal counted then add the fact that the Rangers would have been two men down from the major penalties could possibly have impacted the game. So the refs didnt hurt in the end.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
In all honesty I liked how they played. They were up against it even before the puck drop without Larkin, they weathered the storm in the 1st, played a great 2nd period, and then some unfortunate officiating in the 3rd. But they lost a 1 goal game against one of the best teams in the league even with the cards stacked against them.

I would have liked a point or two, but it is what is. They didn't play a perfect game by any means, but they did play hard and never rolled over. Unhappy with the final result, but not entirely unhappy with the way they played.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I thought they were in it just fine, some defense lapses doesn't throw away a decent road game for most of it. This wasn't like the first game against the Rangers.
They had almost doubled up on our shots throughout most of the game. They carried the puck into our zone almost every time without effort. We had maybe 1 scoring chance in the 1st period.

The game could have easily played out like last time.

Reactions: Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad