GDT: Wings at Rangers | November 29

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
This New York game is going to be tough but they're the only playoff team we play for a while. It's never a good time to have your 1c and captain out of the lineup but if there is a time it's now. Hopefully a couple games off let's him heal. Also promotes a next man u0 mentality and pushes guys to be better.

Reactions: Sentinel and Snuggs

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Good thing Debrincat/Compher have had some time together.

This will be a tough game. I hope coaches play the vets together (Copp/Fabbri/Perron) vs spread them out. Double shift, and logg around 40 minutes between the top two lines and let the bottom lines eat easy/opportunistic minutes.

Says Holl out too but would of been a game to roll 7 D.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

This will be a tough game. I hope coaches play the vets together (Copp/Fabbri/Perron) vs spread them out. Double shift, and logg around 40 minutes between the top two lines and let the bottom lines eat easy/opportunistic minutes.

with holl being out, it definitely means berggren has to be playing. Apparently he was already up in detroit practicing before they even recalled him, or at least before they said they recalled him.

this is probably going to be a game where we just make sure no one dies out there and move on. Still hope it is competitive enough to be a close game but as long as no more injuries occur, I'd be fine with a blowout tbh. Their number 1 in the league, let them have their fun.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Burger played with Joey for a good number of games last season and Raz looked good at 4C. Not worried about the bottom 2 lines holding their own if Joey and Raz are playing center. I just don't think the team can outscore their mistakes if DBoss is out. They need to play tight on D.

I hope Lalonde puts Lyon in, let's see how he handles a tough game where he's probably not gonna get much scoring support.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Burger played with Joey for a good number of games last season and Raz looked good at 4C. Not worried about the bottom 2 lines holding their own if Joey and Raz are playing center. I just don't think the team can outscore their mistakes if DBoss is out. They need to play tight on D.

I hope Lalonde puts Lyon in, let's see how he handles a tough game where he's probably not gonna get much scoring support.
I think Lyon is getting in against chicago for the back to back.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Well they're each getting one game of the B2B, I'm just saying give Lyon the Rangers game and Husso the CHI game. I think DBoss misses both games.
lalonde did say larkin is doubtful thursday.

We should beat chicago without him, so not too worried about that one and I think I had us losing to rangers for this game in that one thread we were all doing at the beginning of the months

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
lalonde did say larkin is doubtful thursday.

We should beat chicago without him, so not too worried about that one and I think I had us losing to rangers for this game in that one thread we were all doing at the beginning of the months
I don't think so.

We can beat any team and we can lose to any team, even with all hands on deck.

It's clear that Larkin's been playing through injury and I don't think it's a bad idea to give him a rest, but unless one of our goalies steals one, I'm pretty sure we'll be o-fer these 2 games.

If we play our new 1G, Lyon, against Chicago, that gives us the best chance of getting 2 pts out of 4. Even then I give us....one chance in three. All we can say for sure about the Chicago game is that the moms are safe, that m*therf*cker Correy Perry won't be in attendance.

I would have suggested giving Walman another game off just to make sure he's OK and bringing Edvinsson up but alas, no one from the org contacted me for my sage advice. Or maybe they sent me an "InMail" through Linkedin and I missed it -- I'll go check.

Oct 18, 2006
Hopefully when Larkin is fit, they return the lines to how they were. Hoping to see some jump from Berggren tomorrow.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
This seems to be a set up loss with Larkin out.

It'd really be something to just pull off a point this game. Playoff race is so tight still we really need the 2 points though. Rangers can afford to lose this, maybe they'll come out slow or something.

TBH, I don't particularly like or buy Berggren being effective on the 2nd line straight from an AHL call up. Assume me crazy. I wanted to see Perron on that line. An Rasmussen/Sprong should be switch,(I agree with whoever said that), Makes more of a true 4th line/grindline.

Debrincat - Compher - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Perron
Sprong - Veleno - Berggren
Rasmussen - Fischer - Kostin
Just what I would have thrown out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Our worst game of the season was probably the last game against these guys. Completely outmatched. Will be pleasantly surprised if we can compete against them this time around without Larkin.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I never hope for it, but it's very interesting to see, when a team has to play without their Captain. How will they respond?

Think Seider will start a hellfest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad