Post-Game Talk: wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
This team clearly has a hangover from the run last year, but after a month it's time for it to shake off and get going. This is on Turk and the "leadership group" of this team to get things going bc another few weeks of this and you're starring at a situation that you're chasing a wildcard spot down the stretch.

Reactions: egelband and CLW

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Laf has always worried me, just don't see the high end skill. I'm sorry you guys can blast me, I just don't see it.

Even when Kakko was a ghost, he'd have his moments of just puck domination. You saw more of it last season, but he was snake bitten with injuries, he's stringing games together this year and it's fun to watch. Laf just seems like a guy. I don't see high end skills, I'm sorry just the truth, and I hope the kid proves me wrong, want nothing but the best for the kid.
Anyone who says otherwise is lying to you.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Yeah, they had a great coach.

There's a difference of being slow and playing slow. Playing slow is the issue.

I'd 100% trade for Chychrun @ 50% . Do whatever it takes
To me, a lot of the issue rests with the offense. I don't see Chychrun making this team more complete.

The overall forward group is a downgrade from last year, and the bottom-6, too. Too much hope rested on Kakko, Laf, Chytil, and Krav stepping up. and only Kakko has done so to any degree, though Chytil was off to a good start before injury.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
There’s a gaping black hole at RW. We all knew it. The idea that we’d play well and then acquire someone like Patrick Kane at the Deadline was nixed when he decided to sign Trocheck to a fair deal AAV, but a shitty one long-term. Couple that with essentially giving Buchnevich away for free and overpaying for Goodrich and Reaves and this is the net result. Not to mention, for as good as the Vatrano trade was, we didn’t attempt to re-sign him. The Copp trade was bad, but again, no attempt to re-sign. They had no money because of the aforementioned signings. So now we have a bottom-six that can’t score and a team too reliant on its big guns.

Frustrating all-around.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Lots of the usual suspects are also off to a slow start.

Leafs are 7-4-2. Panthers are 6-5-1.

The Rangers are currently in a playoff position. You would think we're in last.
They have played more games, so their destiny (lol I know it's November) is not in their hands. But come December, if they are NOT in, then it's not a good look and will be a fcking slog on the ice to get back and this place will be a sewer. All worries go away when they go away though.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
25E959B8-8CC5-46A5-9A40-FFE337E0E881.gif

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
There isn't a coach in the world that can get this bunch to change....the "passive pretty play" is ingrained in their DNA....no matter who's behind the bench, they're going to go for the tic-tac-toe, back door play every time.
This board, when it runs out whipping one or 2 guys will ALWAYS start a witch hunt on the coach.

How many are still here from the Tom Renney days? It was bad then, and has gotten progressively worse with each coach since.

Never thought it could get worse than with AV.

Then David Quinn started a whole new level of coach brutality here.

Anybody still think Lindy Ruff should get fired?

Hearing that he is AWESOME now.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We're literally under 500. Won 6 of 13 games
They are 2 games above NHL .500 with 2 more points than games played. Over an 82 game season that's 95 points. There are 5 teams in the east with more points, 2 of which have only 1 more point. They are not playing particularly well but they are not being dominating either. People are overreacting as usual.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Maybe I'm wrong and the team just sucks now, despite every aspect of the game improving statistically, except PP and goaltending where we actually have the league's best talent and should be the least worried about.

But, I'm beginning to get the feeling that Gallant sees that the way we play isn't getting us past Tampa and we're using this time to work on our game, like a lot of the good teams are if you look at the standings.

The Kraken are one of the best teams in the league right now. If that doesn't tell you there's a warmup stage to NHL seasons, I don't know what does.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Summarize please? After the game I committed to Mickey mouse clubhouse w my son, it's much more entertaining then that game was tonight...
We were lucky to get a point; amazing that Halak at his age performed as well as he did. He gave us a chance. We were crap and totally dominated and outchanced outside the first period. No way we’ll get anywhere if we don’t start winning these games. We don’t take “should win” games seriously. If we’re not in a much better place by thanksgiving, this season is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad