Post-Game Talk: wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Best Rangers skater tonight.

Lafreniere is starting to worry me. I'm not worried about American Kakko. The points are going to start coming for him. His line is among the unluckiest in the league so far.

Well he's a year younger than Kakko, for a lot of his time in the regular season last year Kakko wasnt the best either. The difference is that Kakko got faster this offseason and Lafreniere didn't.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Team plays to damn passive. Gallant needs to be FIRED!! That OT goal is everything that is wrong with this team. Trouba stands still and doesn't attack Perron and he picks them apart with that pass. If Trouba attacks him he never makes that pass. Every team in the league attacks us on the powerplay and makes it tough, but we sit back and let teams tick tack toe us. The coach sucks, we need Barry Trotz!!!
The guy who crosschecked Blais into the boards should have been challenged. That was a dirty hit and the team did nothing. The team seems to be mailing it in.

Reactions: romba and egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
K'Andre's biggest fan but after first stretch of games he's been average at best. I know he can turn it on and defend the best but lately the lax play has been a bummer

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Yeah this team is cooked. Igor might get us a playoff spot but we will get destroyed. Hopefully Jacob Trouba has one of the shortest tenures of a Rangers captain ever
Need to do a proper rebuild — with a proven NHL coaching team that maximizes asset performance. Not a budget college coach and the three stooges (until Martin came in).

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The idea that KAM is a good defenseman is laughable. What he's good at is chasing a guy down and breaking up a play. In his own zone in coverage, he's a circus. His decision making is terrible. His patented soft reverse that puts his partner in a terrible spot has got to go. Putting him out as the only D in OT is a nightmare. No offense, and you know he's going to fumble the puck at the line and that's exactly what happened.

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
Best Rangers skater tonight.

Lafreniere is starting to worry me. I'm not worried about American Kakko. The points are going to start coming for him. His line is among the unluckiest in the league so far.

Laf has always worried me, just don't see the high end skill. I'm sorry you guys can blast me, I just don't see it.

Even when Kakko was a ghost, he'd have his moments of just puck domination. You saw more of it last season, but he was snake bitten with injuries, he's stringing games together this year and it's fun to watch. Laf just seems like a guy. I don't see high end skills, I'm sorry just the truth, and I hope the kid proves me wrong, want nothing but the best for the kid.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He’s been around a long time and played in the league so the players respect him. Other than that he’s no better than David Quinn

Shesterkin and Kreider going off last year carried this team. Let's be honest if it wasn't for a mediocre Penguins team missing Crosby and two goalies we'd have lost in 5 to them. I'm not impressed with this team at all.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
milton-basement (1).gif

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Let's be clear, the penalty on Miller WAS a penalty. The call on Fox from earlier in the game is a different story. But the Miller play was absolutely a penalty. Could they have called it even up because why was the stick in there in the first place? Sure. But Miller was forced to do that because he coughed the puck up in the worst part of the ice, so of course he's going to get called. But seriously, by that point in the game, with how crappy this team is playing. With how poor we are when it comes to the details fo the game, does it even f* matter?????? Gallant is officially on my get your S* together list. It's egregious how poorly this team is playing when it comes to playing smart, structured hockey. Why the heck does Kreider get to right back out there in OT?

BTW -- Panarin could have been called for 2 too many men penalties towards the end of that game. Jumped on way too early, twice. And it could have been called. This team plays with zero discipline. And it need to change.

I know everyone thinks Trotz is a boring hockey coach, but he was the only one who could get Ovy a Cup. He would fix this team in 30 games. Guaranteed.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
This team needs a Gallagher type. Absolutely no pressure in the paint, Laffy gets bullied trying to set up. Hope Sykora is up to the task sooner rather than later.

Trivigno is another kid who is all sandpaper in the crease.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
At this point, the only positive that I see is that a medicore season makes it more likely that we keep our first round picks. We need to replenish our prospect pool. Hopefully with Drury in charge our drafting will improve.

Reactions: Riche16

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
"Everything is fine, we just need a top 5pp and a vezina goalie back a we will be good again, but we are better than last year." Posters here will literally tell you that even while we lose to true world beaters like the wings, jets, jackets, sharks, and Islanders.

And what's funny is EVERYONE points at Thanksgiving as the point where playoff teams take shape and we are two weeks away sitting in 10 place in the conference. Work to be done...

Last edited:

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Let's be clear, the penalty on Miller WAS a penalty. The call on Fox from earlier in the game is a different story. But the Miller play was absolutely a penalty. Could they have called it even up because why was the stick in there in the first place? Sure. But Miller was forced to do that because he coughed the puck up in the worst part of the ice, so of course he's going to get called. But seriously, by that point in the game, with how crappy this team is playing. With how poor we are when it comes to the details fo the game, does it even f* matter?????? Gallant is officially on my get your S* together list. It's egregious how poorly this team is playing when it comes to playing smart, structured hockey. Why the heck does Kreider get to right back out there in OT?

BTW -- Panarin could have been called for 2 too many men penalties towards the end of that game. Jumped on way too early, twice. And it could have been called. This team plays with zero discipline. And it need to change.

I know everyone thinks Trotz is a boring hockey coach, but he was the only one who could get Ovy a Cup. He would fix this team in 30 games. Guaranteed.

Yeah, I noticed this too. Don't wanna sound like i'm strictly picking on Kreider, but he was literally standing at the door for a solid 5 seconds on that line change.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
There needs to be more from the leadership group. It just seems like they crumble instead of stepping up and inspiring.

That post-game interview from Mika was depressing.

Trouba has just been saying "we'll figure it out. We'll keep talking about it."

I had a feeling we'd take a step back after the success last year, and, unfortunately, it's proven to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad