Post-Game Talk: wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
This game was a great example of why I would never go with Miller-Fox.

65% xGF, 0 goals against with them on. 49% xGF, 2 goals against with them off.

Having one of them on the ice for 45 minutes keeps this team afloat.

We’re also 5th best in xGF% while 5th worst in SH% (Blues, Avs and Leafs worse than us). They don’t look great, but those stats easily show a team that’s run into some bad puck luck and are letting the frustration creep into their game.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Its time for Kreider to show up,

Also, Im glad that Laf is willing to play RW and worked on it in the offseason apparently, but he doesnt look good there. Its not worth stunting his growth by forcing him to play the off wing where he looks invisible

And as its been said by a few and I agree, our defense needs to contribute more offensively

They need to change the lines because its not working
Dude, you’re on the bench with him, please tell him that.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
did Gallant put the worst possible line combinations together as a punishment?
Lol ... punishment for the fans!

Only one 5 on 5 goal scored early off broken play. Against a team that you would think would have been tired.
We wouldn't have scored another goal if we played 2 more periods
Our guys are so focused on doing something clever when nothing's available that they can't quickly seize on actual opportunities. Hard to watch without a lot of cussing.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Its time for Kreider to show up,

Also, Im glad that Laf is willing to play RW and worked on it in the offseason apparently, but he doesnt look good there. Its not worth stunting his growth by forcing him to play the off wing where he looks invisible

And as its been said by a few and I agree, our defense needs to contribute more offensively

They need to change the lines because its not working
That’s my cue!
13-93-24
10-16-74 (26)
20-72-12
91-21-75
Thank you.

Reactions: molotce

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gallant has two modes

Either the exact same regular lines we've had the entire year

or

ImpassionedGaseousDingo-size_restricted.gif

Maybe, you know, late in a game where you're struggling to get a goal, something in between these two things would be good.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Would it really be that awful to switch Bread and Laf so that Laf could play in his normal position? It’s not like Panarin has been that much of a threat at ES lately and he can still float around with the puck anywhere he wants. At least then maybe Laf will be more comfortable and that line can click a bit more ES.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I actually like what he said. No need to sugarcoat it we all know why that happened.
For sure. He’s not wrong and maybe Kreider can handle it and they’ll move past it.
But I think this is the first time GG has called out anyone individually.
And i would argue that it’s an act of desperation from GG. Usually precedes a coach going out the door.

Again, I’m just speaking generally and haven’t seen the actual comment but I think I smell smoke.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
2. The lack of proper structure (weak X and O coaching, in all zones) is really biting the team and not helping the players at all.

Fox physically bumped into Zib and Panarin at different times. The team should not look this disjointed at this stage of the season. I think point 2 is leading to point 1. You don't have to be Barry Trotz and bore the team to death with attention to detail, but you can't be at the other end either.
That's a really good point. I remember seeing at points where the Rangers positioning was terrible, running into each other, bad changes, etc. ... they seem disorganized, not on the same page.

Reactions: Cmox

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
The problem isn't the kids. The problem is a garbage coach riding "his guys" and the "leaders" on the team would rather be doing something else than play hockey.

Trocheck isn't leading a team to a Cup, 20+ minutes for this guy is INSANE, hes not McDavid. Zibanejad looks like he'd rather be anywhere else doing his DJ thing and smoking pot. Guy is slow as shit sliding down a wall. Trouba doesn't deserve the 'C' right now the way he's playing. He's brutal so far this season. Norris Fox has long disappeared. Why the f*** is Shesterkin not playing? Guy had 3 days off. What's the excuse for these lazy mofos? 3 days off and they can't play a game for a few min? Gallant can't keep his smooth brain focused for 60 minutes that's too hard.

Complete disgrace.

Can't fire 20 players. Fire this dipshit coach and hire a coach who can actually think, form a coherent sentence, doesn't squinch his stupid face when he's on my TV screen, and knows that Carpenter is garbage and Trocheck shouldn't be sniffing 20 minutes and the top PP unit. That'd be a start to fixing this fiasco.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Just drop Kreider at even strength and move Laf into top six LW. It's obvious. Gallant tried to hold out from doing it but it seems he's now accepting what Kreider is at this stage. He does all his work on the PP anyway. This should be an easy switch.
Bingo.

But trust the Rangers to try everything else before doing the right thing.

Like tonight, putting Panarin w/ Zib ... should have put Kreider with Chytil, Laf with Zib, I dunno who with Panarin (Vesey?)

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
For sure. He’s not wrong and maybe Kreider can handle it and they’ll move past it.
But I think this is the first time GG has called out anyone individually.
And i would argue that it’s an act of desperation from GG. Usually precedes a coach going out the door.

Again, I’m just speaking generally and haven’t seen the actual comment but I think I smell smoke.
Kreider can handle it he's a big boy.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
That's a really good point. I remember seeing at points where the Rangers positioning was terrible, running into each other, bad changes, etc. ... they seem disorganized, not on the same page.
They are never on the same page.

No one knows what their teammates are doing. There is no cohesion. It's a free for all... but when all 5 skaters take initiative and attack, our top6 talent begins to shine. When they don't and it's 1v5, we look flat, stagnant and lost, similar to tonight. .

IMO that's the problem without have guidelines/system. People get lost and end up trying to read/react. Everyone can see something different. It can look lazy but it's possibly a processing problem.

If f1/f2/f3/d1/d2 knew their distinctive roles in any given scenario, within the teams system/gameplan, it's easier for the player to execute and do his job. Easier decisions leads to playing faster. If all players move as a cohesive, predictable unit, puck movement becomes way more easy. If you know you will have a certain support with the puck, you can make more confident plays.

When 3-4 players are standing still at any given time, we get our O-Zone offense, for the most part.... uninspired and lazy.

This isn't one simple fix for this season.... There's a giant mess right now, X's and O's wise. The only hope is that the team gives max effort every game....... we all know that's not happening. Gallant has been way too soft

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
As far as Gallant goes, do I think he's dumb? Yes.

Am I going to make fun of him every time he does some #ThatsSoCoach thing? Obviously, that's funny to me and I'm here to crack myself up.

Do I think better options exist? Probably not.

I used to be somebody who thought that. After the 4th coach who's the same as the last coach, I've given up on it.

Except AV. f*** AV still.

Barring violations of conduct policies I think I've become deeply disinterested in firing coaches lmfao. They're all the same guy.

I think 98% of NHL coaches at any given time are not even individual people. They're just tentacles connected to the same leviathan. Its a collective NHL consciousness and it experiences itself subjectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad