Post-Game Talk: Windy City Beatdown, Jets win 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Man I thought PLD was pretty good. Drew another penalty as well. Lets see what the stats card says

FinjRykWYAcG8RS
He was excellent.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
It's kinda funny so far, Dubois is getting his points but not looking as good doing them whereas Mark is playing excellent all around hockey but the points aren't dropping as much. You could say the opposite happened last year.

I think Conner has looked fine with Dubois and is starting to find his range offensively at 5 on 5 which will elevate the second line. They need a better linemate than Thor though as he has killed so many plays.

Perfetti and Blake just play a style that works better with Mark then PLD. The line is also functioning better than CSW because Perfetti is excellent at leaving the dzone and gaining the ozone with control and that allows the line to set up and get their cycle game going. The biggest issue with the Blake/Scheifele combo the last number of years is they got stuck in their zone and had to chip and retrieve tol much so they had little sustained zone time. Now that they have a linemate that does that job and reads the play offensively like them you have a very good line.

Yeah I am having a massive issue with XGF as a game like today doesn't take score effects into account. We were handedly winning the underlying matchup until we went up by 5 and the stopped pressing. Whopty do that they got some scoring chances when we took our foot off the gas.
Think we whooped them on s oring chances too. Just an anomolistic game for xG. It's nice to talk about on an individual game basis but should be given more cred over a fozen or so games.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Same, which is why I think it will be interesting to see what happens. The Jets have several players that are in that same mould: Appleton, AJF, Essymont, and Maenalanen. Someone will have to give when Apples and Ehlers gets back.
Good players who are bona-fide nhlers will have to play for the Moose. It's been a long time since we've had that

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Man I thought PLD was pretty good. Drew another penalty as well. Lets see what the stats card says

FinjRykWYAcG8RS
I thought so too. I think people expect him to be a wrecking ball every night but you really can't do that and play top line minutes.

I think there's definitely room for improvement in his game but he's producing and still pissing off opponents and to have a big pest who can score is a luxury.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Nice to see the Jets win a game they should, and decisively. Too many times in recent seasons it seems that they've played-down to weaker opposition ... or maybe the Jets were actually the weaker opposition in days past who played up to tougher opponents? Either way, I continue to feel that this is not a mirage but the Jets are legit. I agree with Craig Button that the Jets are "for real" because they now have actual defence to back up their scoring and Vezina-calibre goalie.

I thoroughly enjoyed the depth scoring from "Big Sak" and Harkins. Secondary scoring was another thing sorely lacking in the past.

It seems that there was method to Chevy's madness with "running it back" with the same roster minus Copp and Stastny. The bottom-six additions have been good, Perfetti has lived up to lofty expectations ... and I'm not just overreacting to a big game against a bottom-dweller here, I'm referring to the overall body of work 1/4 into the season now and with a number of players seeming to improve as we go along.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I thought so too. I think people expect him to be a wrecking ball every night but you really can't do that and play top line minutes.

I think there's definitely room for improvement in his game but he's producing and still pissing off opponents and to have a big pest who can score is a luxury.
Even if Dubois had no points he still is valuable just in the amount of penalties he draws . He's one of those players that if he wasn't a Jet i would probably hate, very valuable.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Cool beans! I worked as a physio in the Fort late 70’s and it was great char fishing and hearing the Sasquatch stories..More moose meat than I’ve ever seen in my life! Great folks there.
Keep us posted!
Hockey is huge up there..
I had some truly awful experiences there that will always stick with me. Moose meat is fantastic though.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Kinda agree, Dubois is feasting on the PP but has been mediocre 5 on 5. He really isn't clicking with any of our skilled guys, all of which like to hold pucks up and break the opposition down with moving in and out if space and puck movement. Dubois doesn't fit that mold all that much.

KC seems to be doing alright since the change.

Reactions: Jet

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Did we ever get confirmation on Gus's health situation? I initially thought it was a healthy scratch situation which made no sense. Hard to see Harkins not staying in the top 12 I think he's earned it. Chances are that we will continue to have different injuries to our roster to avoid the situation where we have to waive or assign 2 or 3 forwards.

When the announcers opened the broadcast mentioning that the Hawks were winless in 6 games I figured we were doomed. Nice to see that wasn't the case.

I'll give Wheeler props for a really good game.
If only we could carry over a couple of goals for Tuesday's game.
The Avs will be a tough game for sure.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Did we ever get confirmation on Gus's health situation?

Bowness said it was a short term upper body injury to the media apparently. I haven't listened to any recent interviews to say whether he said it into a microphone or not so :dunno:

I rewatched his last couple shifts against Dallas and I didn't think there was any obvious play where he got hurt.

Reactions: surixon

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I think that's just it. Chicago is moving back towards their true potential of winning the Connor Bedard lottery. I feel sorry for Kane and Toews, who are still good hockey players, having to play on this kind of team. It's almost full circle from where they started..
Why?
The reason the Black Hawks are this bad is because Kane and Toews wanted to be the highest paid players.
Look at the players the Hawks had to gave away to stay under the salary cap. I bet if they had to do it over again they wouldn't be so greedy.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Why?
The reason the Black Hawks are this bad is because Kane and Toews wanted to be the highest paid players.
Look at the players the Hawks had to gave away to stay under the salary cap. I bet if they had to do it over again they wouldn't be so greedy.
You don’t think players deserved to be paid after helping a team win 3 cups while you were on team friendly contracts? The Hawks could have let them walk in the heart of their primes and they likely even get bigger paydays coming off their 3rd cup if they were willing to go to the highest bidder.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
All the lines were good except for the PLD line. PLD looking lumbering, losing so many battles and not doing much at 5v5 (the flukey goal aside). 91 and 26 looked like ass playing with him but as soon as 55 got moved to their line they look good again. Connor looked really good all season even when he wasn't scoring and now looks meh at 5v5 with him.
not sure what your beef is with PLD these days. but Scheifele is a far away superior skilled offensive player than him, so i don't think it's all that surprising some players look better when paired with him comparatively. FWIW he's ahead of Scheifele in 5v5 pts/60, & they have a basically identical on-ice GF/60.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
You don’t think players deserved to be paid after helping a team win 3 cups while you were on team friendly contracts? The Hawks could have let them walk in the heart of their primes and they likely even get bigger paydays coming off their 3rd cup if they were willing to go to the highest bidder.
It's not what I think ... it's up to them.
Do you want to win or do you want money?
Kane and Toews choose money.
You make more money with endorsements by winning just ask Tom Brady or even Crosby. Crosby is a better player and he makes 2 million less than Kane and Toews but how much does he make from endorsements like Tim Hortons and Gatorade.
When was the last time you saw Kane or Toews in a commercial?

Reactions: kellhunter and GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad