Post-Game Talk: Windy City Beatdown, Jets win 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Connor and wheeler and Perfetti all looked better with Schief. Also isn’t that the mark of a good player they make their line mates better.

It's kinda funny so far, Dubois is getting his points but not looking as good doing them whereas Mark is playing excellent all around hockey but the points aren't dropping as much. You could say the opposite happened last year.

I think Conner has looked fine with Dubois and is starting to find his range offensively at 5 on 5 which will elevate the second line. They need a better linemate than Thor though as he has killed so many plays.

Perfetti and Blake just play a style that works better with Mark then PLD. The line is also functioning better than CSW because Perfetti is excellent at leaving the dzone and gaining the ozone with control and that allows the line to set up and get their cycle game going. The biggest issue with the Blake/Scheifele combo the last number of years is they got stuck in their zone and had to chip and retrieve tol much so they had little sustained zone time. Now that they have a linemate that does that job and reads the play offensively like them you have a very good line.

And yet PLD had a xGF% of 33.67 and Connor had a xGF% of 15.50 tonight. I'm really starting to have a problem with that stat.

Yeah I am having a massive issue with XGF as a game like today doesn't take score effects into account. We were handedly winning the underlying matchup until we went up by 5 and the stopped pressing. Whopty do that they got some scoring chances when we took our foot off the gas.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
So Gagner as the 13th forward?
So Gagner as the 13th forward?
Yeah that's what I figure. Put him in for certain games. Don't really want the younger guys sitting in the PB and if you expose Gagner I think some other team with playoff aspirations claims him. He was very good early, likely just can dress every night at this point.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's kinda funny so far, Dubois is getting his points but not looking as good doing them whereas Mark is playing excellent all around hockey but the points aren't dropping as much. You could say the opposite happened last year.

I think Conner has looked fine with Dubois and is starting to find his range offensively at 5 on 5 which will elevate the second line. They need a better linemate than Thor though as he has killed so many plays.

Perfetti and Blake just play a style that works better with Mark then PLD. The line is also functioning better than CSW because Perfetti is excellent at leaving the dzone and gaining the ozone with control and that allows the line to set up and get their cycle game going. The biggest issue with the Blake/Scheifele combo the last number of years is they got stuck in their zone and had to chip and retrieve tol much so they had little sustained zone time. Now that they have a linemate that does that job and reads the play offensively like them you have a very good line.

Yeah I am having a massive issue with XGF as a game like today doesn't take score effects into account. We were handedly winning the underlying matchup until we went up by 5 and the stopped pressing. Whopty do that they got some scoring chances when we took our foot off the gas.
I think Thor is a step in the right direction as they better with a guy with speed but they should keep experimenting such as Esyimont and Harkins but Thor is better there than Gag

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Connor and wheeler and Perfetti all looked better with Schief. Also isn’t that the mark of a good player they make their line mates better.
Conner is fine with PLD - they might need a winger that can play with these two and if anything is a problem right now, it's having a checker with no offense, on the second line.
I think we might see someone else get a shot up there next game - down the road, Apples would help - Ehlers will make that line scary.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
If they ever do a Crazy Eyes origin movie, Harks should play him
1669611002341.jpeg

Last edited:

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Love me some Vanderhoof but I experienced it while working out of Fort St James, so it might just be a relatively speaking type of situation. Been in Granisle the past couple years which also isn't too far off.
Cool beans! I worked as a physio in the Fort late 70’s and it was great char fishing and hearing the Sasquatch stories..More moose meat than I’ve ever seen in my life! Great folks there.
Keep us posted!
Hockey is huge up there..

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Blackhawks are obvious tank
Going to be a good team if they win the Bedard sweepstakes. And Get something decent in return for Toews and Kane at the TD
Feels good to dominant but Avs going to bring tougher match on Tuesday

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Love me some Vanderhoof but I experienced it while working out of Fort St James, so it might just be a relatively speaking type of situation. Been in Granisle the past couple years which also isn't too far off.

Cool beans! I worked as a physio in the Fort late 70’s and it was great char fishing and hearing the Sasquatch stories..More moose meat than I’ve ever seen in my life! Great folks there.
Keep us posted!
Hockey is huge up there..
Anything North of Kamloops is considered Northern BC,& deservedly so, imho.

Moose meat is one of my personal favourites.

As my Dad used to say, “He who eats the most moose meat eats the most hair & is best prepared to have a long & happy marriage.”

Interpret that as you will…

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Chicago is in a rough patch so its hard to get a bead on this game but boy do I like how our bottom six forechecked in the first two periods.
I think that's just it. Chicago is moving back towards their true potential of winning the Connor Bedard lottery. I feel sorry for Kane and Toews, who are still good hockey players, having to play on this kind of team. It's almost full circle from where they started.

Bowness should be happy with his 4th line production. Barron came back fired up. Maenalanen had some jump. I feel like these guys, and the checking line wingers, who started the scoring, are the guys that know that at least one of them are on the bubble of being sent back down to the Moose, once Stanley comes back, and that's the right amount of fuel to fire a player up. While Bones will be happy with the effort of his 4th line, taking 2 penalties is something that could be costlier against a better team. But I was thinking watching those bigger 4th liners banging around, that with Gustafsson as their centre, could be an interesting option for a physical line as the season wears on.

I was happy to see Wheeler having a game, been a while since we've seen one of those sweet dishes on Scheifele's stick. Perfetti doesn't seem out of sync with this line either. Good communication between the 3 on the bench.

Defense gave up too many good chances early in the game, that will need to tighten up. But hey if anyone predicted that at the quarter mark of the season the Jets are on pace for around 108-110 point season, step right up. Rick Bowness has made such a positive difference in the way this team is playing, it's so refreshing to be optimistic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad