Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Fire Smith!!!! This is an embarrassment!!!
I hate the idea of firing a coach this early. He's no working with a lot of talent. The issue is that the lack of effort, not having a true identity are reasons he can and should be questioned. They have lost 5 of 6. They need a win in the worst way tomorrow. They look firmly entrenched as one of the worst two teams in the league.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I hate the idea of firing a coach this early. He's no working with a lot of talent. The issue is that the lack of effort, not having a true identity are reasons he can and should be questioned. They have lost 5 of 6. They need a win in the worst way tomorrow. They look firmly entrenched as one of the worst two teams in the league.
Be patient. I’m sure there will be a bunch of #’s vomited shortly to show you how wrong you are.

Reactions: nelli27

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
As for the game tonight...

- 12 shots through 40 minutes isn't going to cut it, no matter how good your D is.
- 13 shots in the third period is much better; need that kind of pace to get any points.
- Have to cut down on the needless penalties, from everyone. I'd rather a team take four roughing minors than four of almost anything else. If you have to sit, make it worth it.
- Credit where it's due - Oke played well when he had to. Windsor had their chances late and could have had another one or two, but he shut the door.
- Michelone made some massive saves, which seems to be a trend.
- On a plus, Windsor is 3-2 this season if they keep teams to three or fewer goals.

Take the third period positives and move on to tomorrow. That's all they can do at this point.

Last edited:

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
The Spits played a good game last night against a much better team. Both goalies played well. If we play as well today we have a good chance to pull off an upset.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
How has Connor Toms been playing for you guys since the trade from the Soo Greyhounds?

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I think theres enough talent for this to be a mid pack team. Yes the D is still brutal. The problem is the team is getting bad coaching and the HC has lost the room. Smith had a nickname back when he was a video coach and it wasn’t complimentary! As ive said from day one, hes not coach material!!! This is another bad decision made by BB and ownership. This is going to start costing them money at the gate!
Do you really wanna be the team coming off an embarrassing playoff last year to a possible worst team ever designation this year?!?!

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Your goalie played really well last night... Spirit had tons of grade A chances and easily could have had 7 or 8 goals last night. I kept thinking that not scoring those were going to come back and bite us (especially the way we take holding/hooking penalties) but Oke shut the door when he had to.

Should be a good one today in the old "less than 24hrs later" game... Will be interesting to see who has the energy, this is Saginaw's 4th game this week

Reactions: Cherrydon

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
Wow, posters think we played well. We lost again, so I guess the standard has changed for this Spits team. First to embarrassing, and yet not doing that poorly???????

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I am disillusioned lol. How much of the "big" 3rd period push was Saggy sitting back playing to hold a 2 goal lead? Bad teams in all leagues appear competitive during most games. Bad teams fans also blame the goaltending and coaches as the reason. Toronto and Edmonton classic underachievers right now and yes the talk is Woodcroft and Keefe along with starting goaltending. Fans want heads on the table and the GM s must react to save their skin since they assembled the roster and hired the coaching staff's. The Spits are so difficient from top to bottom Bowler likely has his head spinning on what to to do. How about assemble a team that gives you an honest 60 minutes win or lose. At least something the fans can be proud of.

Reactions: windsor7

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Screenshot_20231112_131249_X.jpg

Got some of the london green on these jerseys, worked last time against the Rangers.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Wow, posters think we played well. We lost again, so I guess the standard has changed for this Spits team. First to embarrassing, and yet not doing that poorly???????
They were better than Thursday. That doesn't mean they played well. The grind is starting it doesn't take much to see who's able to handle it and who can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino