Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Congrats to the organization. There are 3 1st overall caliber players here, you can't go wrong with either one, so I am good with whoever they pick.

I personally want them to draft Adam Valentini. Leads the OHL Cup in points. He is a center and is a great playmaker. We have plenty of guys that can come down the wing with speed and score need a player 'with eyes at the back of his head' to set these guys up with nice passes.

Spitfires picks this season:

U18

CHL Import:

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
1711581628250.png

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Yes. It did work out or did it? Miedema lol. Not a gem for a 4th overall pick. Odds were even for all that year for teams. If we end up with 4th overall tonight. We lost the lottery lol.
Post below not directed at you.

Wow for a team the OHL hates as much as I read on here they have gotten great draft lottery help ;) 2x drafting higher than % would suggest. Maybe they should leave the system as is lol ( seemed to be some paranoia on here about the process.....I'm sure it's all good now)
The fact they missed on Miedema....they still caught a break that year ;) and this year.

Good on Spits n fans for grabbing #1, hopefully it puts to rest the " ohl hates us " rhetoric :)

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Congrats to the organization. There are 3 1st overall caliber players here, you can't go wrong with either one.

I personally want them to draft Adam Valentini. Leads the OHL Cup in points. He is a center and is a great playmaker. We have plenty of guys that can come down the wing with speed and score need a player 'with eyes at the back of his head' to set these guys up with nice passes.

Spitfires picks this season:

U18

CHL Import:
My issue with Valentini is his size, 5'9", 170. He will turn 16 in 2 weeks, so there could (or not) be considerable growth in the next 2 years. However, he does fit what I always say, when in doubt, pick a Marlie.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Players body stats are regularly “adjusted” lol. Teams do their own homework. Bodies can do odd things at this age lol. Very impressive to grab the #1 pick. More so in the euro draft imho. Bowler MUST get some pro help with that pick!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Players body stats are regularly “adjusted” lol. Teams do their own homework. Bodies can do odd things at this age lol. Very impressive to grab the #1 pick. More so in the euro draft imho. Bowler MUST get some pro help with that pick!
A guy l like Sergachev would make me pleased,knowing of course said player won't be a Russian.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Looking forward to April 12, though I assume that the 1st pick will be announced a couple of days prior to the draft. It usually is.

A good 2nd round pick might be Jacob Xu, D, from the Junior Canadians. He is 6'2" 170 lbs. Needs to bulk up but has size. There are a lot of small Ds this year.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Looking forward to April 12, though I assume that the 1st pick will be announced a couple of days prior to the draft. It usually is.

A good 2nd round pick might be Jacob Xu, D, from the Junior Canadians. He is 6'2" 170 lbs. Needs to bulk up but has size. There are a lot of small Ds this year.

Anywhere to find a list?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Remember Windsor has Niagara and Peterborough 's 2nd picks in the draft,so because Ottawa and London get comp picks in the 2nd round the first 2 go there,then 23rd whoever has Windsor,then Windsor has 24th Niagara and 25th Peterborough
Should be interesting.

Reactions: Section5Petes

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Remember Windsor has Niagara and Peterborough 's 2nd picks in the draft,so because Ottawa and London get comp picks in the 2nd round the first 2 go there,then 23rd whoever has Windsor,then Windsor has 24th Niagara and 25th Peterborough
Should be interesting.
As long as Bowler doesn't go after soft players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille