Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
How is Toure doing?

I like the acquisition. He's not overly offensive, with just four points so far, but he skates well, plays strong D, very physical, stands up for teammates, and seems to be having fun here. I had a chance to talk to him when he arrived and he's a total character, which I appreciated LOL I wish he wasn't an 03, would have been nice to see him stick around for another season.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I like the acquisition. He's not overly offensive, with just four points so far, but he skates well, plays strong D, very physical, stands up for teammates, and seems to be having fun here. I had a chance to talk to him when he arrived and he's a total character, which I appreciated LOL I wish he wasn't an 03, would have been nice to see him stick around for another season.
thanks, glad he's doing well, I enjoyed watching him.

Reactions: OHLTG

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Interesting stat since the trade deadline the Spits are 9th in the west. That's just to keep perspective in that they have won games but they have still been bad.

Reactions: rve24

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It's fair to say that this season is divided up into three eras - Smith, Torres pre-deadline, and post-deadline (if my math is correct):

Smith - 4-16-1
Torres Pre-deadline - 8-5-2-1
Post-Deadline - 5-9-1-2

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Interesting stat since the trade deadline the Spits are 9th in the west. That's just to keep perspective in that they have won games but they have still been bad.
One only has to look at the OHL standings to see their records. I don't think anyone is seeing any part of this season as positive.
So we have players stats and game by game results to cling to until the soon to be over season.
I'll keep hoping for wins but the #1 pick would be nice. Can't really have my cake and eat it to but hope is about all we have left. Be safe.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Andy Delmore is now an assistant coach with the Windsor Lancers' men's hockey team.

Edit: I find it interesting that his bio says he was most recently with the Sarnia Sting (2013-15) and zero mention of the Spitfires.

Reactions: oldPeng

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Mostly just looking for effort these last few weeks. Play like you want to be in the best junior league in the world and play like the scouts are watching. Some players additioning for spots next season. Just wantto watch competitive hockey to finish the season.

Anyone got updates on some of these top prospects. Not alot of statistics on some hockey sites for a few of the top prospects. Is there a definitive number 1,2,3 for this draft?. Not much info on Wassilyn & Vanentini. We dont need a swing and miss with this top pick.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Zito still a scratch...
We'll see that until the deadline passes for adding to a roster. He left the Spits they are making sure his OHL playing days are over. Rightfully so after he bailed regardless of suspicious promises that weren't kept but nobody has divulged those promises.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Well don't usually complain, but I will. That last penalty call was bogus. He clearly knocked the puck away and then the Guelph player was falling before he even got touched.

Only 7 faceoffs won. That is hard chasing the puck all night.

Need to stay out of the box!

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Turnover giveaways are extraordinary. 74 trying get assist for the purple? If Guelph didn't overpass opportunities theyd be up 5-1 easy. Their PP is giving up great shortie chances we need to capitalize on. Refs calling everything so buckle down.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Turnover giveaways are extraordinary. 74 trying get assist for the purple? If Guelph didn't overpass opportunities theyd be up 5-1 easy. Their PP is giving up great shortie chances we need to capitalize on. Refs calling everything so buckle down.
74 always doing something. Not always good.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
No PP, no PK, no system to get out of their own . There's a theme here. If it wasn't for players like Greentree, Abraham, Spellacy and Davis taking matters onto themselves and getting the puck up the ice this would be a lot worse .

Curious? Is the host drunk? Nothing but slurred words and mashed sentences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad