Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Newberry and Torres should both go. Don't saddle the new HC with assistants that he didn't hire. IMO, Head Coach is #1 priority and Goaltender coach should be 2nd. The goaltenders had no coaching and little defense.
Absolutely

Reactions: OHL 17

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I think with 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds this coming draft,in other words 7 in top 75,after last year getting 1 in the top 80,great time to restock.
I would be open to dealing the lowest 4th we have for a 5th and 6th as currently Windsor has no picks in the 5th or 6th rounds but have 9 picks from the 7th to the 15th.
So you want to deal a 4th round pick so you can drop down farther in the draft to a 6th round pick? So you want to consciously drop 40 spots in the draft? I'm not seeing any logic in that?

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Newberry and Torres should both go. Don't saddle the new HC with assistants that he didn't hire. IMO, Head Coach is #1 priority and Goaltender coach should be 2nd. The goaltenders had no coaching and little defense.
According to the announcers from London Dark was handling the goalies and they even quoted him as saying how he liked Costanza’s play at the time.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So you want to deal a 4th round pick so you can drop down farther in the draft to a 6th round pick? So you want to consciously drop 40 spots in the draft? I'm not seeing any logic in that?
krule-john-c-reilly.gif

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Note I said 5th and 6th not just a 6th and positioning of those 5th and 6th mattersi as by the time u get to those rounds teams have players rated differently.
It would depend on the position of those picks that I would entertain flipping otherwise no.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Note I said 5th and 6th not just a 6th and positioning of those 5th and 6th mattersi as by the time u get to those rounds teams have players rated differently.
It would depend on the position of those picks that I would entertain flipping otherwise no.
But you can pick those players earlier before other teams have 40 chances to take them out from under you? I can see no logic in this, maybe we should trade our 2 2nds for 3 3rds and a fourth? There is no logic in wanting to drop down in the draft .

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
But you can pick those players earlier before other teams have 40 chances to take them out from under you? I can see no logic in this, maybe we should trade our 2 2nds for 3 3rds and a fourth? There is no logic in wanting to drop down in the draft .
If this was the case the Spits should have just kept their 2nd rounder. That 2nd rounder probably holds more value on the eve of the draft as compared to when it was traded near the deadline

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
The higher round picks meaning 2nd and 3rd no interest in dealing downward,a 4th especially latter half of 4th round yes, there are deals made with player agents all the time,just don't make it obvious,player rated in 4th round could and does go later because of off the record deals,may tell a team he will report,where as if drafted by someone else he won't ,happens all the time,not saying would definitely do it but open to it ,call it situational not etched in stone.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The higher round picks meaning 2nd and 3rd no interest in dealing downward,a 4th especially latter half of 4th round yes, there are deals made with player agents all the time,just don't make it obvious,player rated in 4th round could and does go later because of off the record deals,may tell a team he will report,where as if drafted by someone else he won't ,happens all the time,not saying would definitely do it but open to it ,call it situational not etched in stone.
So players, agents and parents would want to make a deal to be picked in the 6th round rather than be picked in the 4th round? This is real head scratcher for me.
Anyway topic is growing old so I will move on. Be safe.

Reactions: windsor7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Flip flop... back tracking

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Someone here may remember....Didn't the OHL has a draft lottery for the league one of the covid years?
Where did Windsor end up in that draft? I only vaguely remember London picked later on ( I think lol ) I was waiting for heads to explode if LK got an early pick that year.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Someone here may remember....Didn't the OHL has a draft lottery for the league one of the covid years?
Where did Windsor end up in that draft? I only vaguely remember London picked later on ( I think lol ) I was waiting for heads to explode if LK got an early pick that year.

When there was no season in 2020-21, they did the full draft lottery for the 2021 Draft. Windsor wound up fourth, selected Ethan Miedema.

Reactions: ohloutsider

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

The only reason I'd trade down right now is to get a future pick that I KNOW is going to be a part of a move to get a veteran in here. Otherwise, if the move is strictly to draft someone, get them with the extra picks we have currently.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
TY. Lottery worked out well for the Spits that year, maybe it will again this year.
Yes. It did work out or did it? Miedema lol. Not a gem for a 4th overall pick. Odds were even for all that year for teams. If we end up with 4th overall tonight. We lost the lottery lol.

Reactions: windsor7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad