Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Nobody is trolling or being arrogant. I'm laughing at the stupidity of the arguments in August. "It's already mid-season form on here." I said the club has a pretty solid history with bigger guys, which they do, and all heck breaks loose. If you disagree, no biggie, but to say this is Latta/Mizzi when I flat out said it's not AND to assume I have low expectations... nah. I don't have any use for that. The debate was going in circles; we weren't convincing the other and that's fine with me.

I don't think you're grasping the conversation. When you say things "laughing at the stupidity of the argument", or thinking it's "amusing." Since we are on a forum it can definitely be construed as mocking, passive aggressive etc.. Especially when you certainly wouldn't be talking about yourself in this conversation said you posted it.

OHL4Life has the right idea though Stanley is clearly the outlier in a group of larger D that never really delivered much. Yes the goal should be to expect more. Even to mention Frogett. They have already signed 3 draft picks it should be Downey's to lose and after that you look for a replacement who is 18 or so to share time with Onuska. It's ok but after this past year the bar should be much higher for drafting and development if you want to continue to reach higher.

Reactions: Teflon and windsor7

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Theres a bunch of folks here who firmly believe they know the game and the team. Take it for face value. It creates more arguments then necessary but thats a passionate fan base. Im one to talk but gotta let that stuff slide lol.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Wonder if Wyatt will be at the Spits camp or still healing and resting for the Stars camp start 3 weeks from now.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Same price as Cuylle was 3 2nds,3 3rds and a 5th. I still not sold on these deals. A lot to pay for someone who has not played a game in the OHL. I could see if it was a Shane Wright or a McDavid. Cuylle has been great but we got Johnston for free with our draft selection. Don't forget Niagara will also recieve the league pick next year I'd rather save picks for deadline trades for a proven commodity if you are on a run that year.

Reactions: Teflon

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So like we said back then, it needs to pan out and you really need a way to recoup most of those picks. I can see most of the picks in the 2 bodies i mentioned but not all. Then the kid needs to be a stud and fit into the right year they go for it. Spits struggled with a shortage of picks but Cuylie definitely worked out.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Theres a bunch of folks here who firmly believe they know the game and the team. Take it for face value. It creates more arguments then necessary but thats a passionate fan base. Im one to talk but gotta let that stuff slide lol.
i dont quite comprehend how on one side he says he hates the bickering, but on the other side he instigates and says things to instigate more bickering, its bizarre.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Because some are sure they know more, they are sure of it and feel the need to defend their beliefs. Your not gonna change that type of persons mind….

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The true "insiders" never post what they know. They don't want to give up their sources. The rest is either opinion or guesses. Most is inaccurate and sometimes misleading. Doesn't take much effort to filter out the noise. In the end it makes for "entertaining" reading.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
The rosters for the Blue,White and Red teams at camp are listed on Spits facebook page.
A couple of notes, camp now has 56 players instead of 57 attending, 17 year old forward from 2021 draft Cain Tucker son of Darcy is not going to be at camp.
James Jodoin is listed as a Dman on his team.
9 goalies,19D,and 28F make up the total camp roster.
Scrimmages start at 9 am tomorrow.

Reactions: Teflon and OHLTG

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Well london got that spoiled brat from niagara lol. Huge load of picks going to niagara! The london slappies love the deal, im not so sure….they will recoup most by moving mailloux and brochiu tho.
I personally think it was Niagara's plan all along to pick a kid that won't report,

They got a boatload of draft selections and the 5th overall next year in a (Admittedly early) strong class.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Johnston was listed but wasn't out there.

Those that were out there had a good showing. I'm not going to type a ton right now, but...

- O'Flaherty really got people's attention with his speed.
- For the first practice, tempo was very high.
- The coaches were encouraging physical play... and they got it.
- There are definitely some big boys out there -Birkett, Holden, Winegard, Hebek, and Martin were all towering over the rest.
- Cristoforo was all business (compared to others who seemed more light-hearted).
- Great to see Leighton and McIlwain going through drills with the players. You don't get to see that too often during the season.

For the first day, it was a solid outing. The boys seemed loose but focused and the rookies who might be long-shot (at best) weren't going down without a fight. Onto the scrimmages tomorrow.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Great to hear about O’Flaherty - he was one of the players I was really curious about.
He has flashes of skill last year but was buried down the lineup for most of the season he couldn’t do anything consistently.

Anything notable about Ride?

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Great to hear about O’Flaherty - he was one of the players I was really curious about.
He has flashes of skill last year but was buried down the lineup for most of the season he couldn’t do anything consistently.

I can't say that I noticed anything particular about him but maybe others saw something I didn't. I'll have more after tomorrow's morning scrimmage.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

I agree about O'Flaherty and his improved speed,I was impressed as well with the speed of 2nd year forward Ethan Martin,definitely improved,as well he now is 6'6"-220 lbs,last year he was 6'4"-198
Oliver Peer and Jacob Maillet looked very impressive out there tonight along with goalies Onuska,Froggett and Altiman,from the D position liked what I saw from Renwick,Jodoin,Hebek,Cristoforo, Ride and Crisp,Sobelev.
Other forwards I noticed were Christopoulis, Abraham, Beck,Davis,Spellacy,Morneau, Birkett and Hagiwara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad