Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPITS4EVER

Feb 10, 2023
Interesting to know the last time the spitfires had (2 )50 goal guys was the 87-88 powerhouse spits.
David Haas 60
Kelly Cain 57
and of course won the OHL championship that year!
I went to game 2 that year in finals
only OHL team to go undefeated in playoffs 12-0

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
Interesting to know the last time the spitfires had (2 )50 goal guys was the 87-88 powerhouse spits.
David Haas 60
Kelly Cain 57
Still can’t believe that team lost in Mem cup final

Reactions: hockeylegend11

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
David Haas 60
Kelly Cain 57
That was a great team. Family had seasons tickets that year and saw every game. I cried like a baby when they lost the last game to the Tiger Cats and I'll forever hate Trevor Linden.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
So I'm hearing Abraham had surgery and is done for the year? Anyone heard this or can confirm?
Not heard anything but have stated many times on here surgery should have been done months ago when you read sports doctors say that torn ligaments seldom heal on their own. Frustrating.

Reactions: windsor7

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Someone on here posted they heard on Wednesday the scuttlebut is Abraham could be back for the second round.

De’Angelis out. So no one is being rested, interesting . The goal tonight is to just avoid injury .

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Sometimes teams think stupidly a few weeks rest will do the trick selfishly hoping miraculously it will heal on its own. Kinda like like a leg is broken but don't set it because it may take longer to heal. Average wrist ligament surgery takes 6 weeks to heal. Abraham would have been healed and back 100% a few weeks ago and ready for the playoffs. I know they coddle players but think of the players careers instead of teams hopeful agenda.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Not sure why the Spits wouldn't rest players other than appeasing the fans. The die hards were always there but to make lineup decisions based on that? In a meaningless game?
LK has the JrB lineup going tonight up front so it should be a great chance for the arena to party, get loud, n enjoy the well earned 1st place finish. And who better to do it against ;) Enjoy

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Abraham is chilling on the bench at warmups, definitely didn’t just have surgery lol.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Sometimes teams think stupidly a few weeks rest will do the trick selfishly hoping miraculously it will heal on its own. Kinda like like a leg is broken but don't set it because it may take longer to heal. Average wrist ligament surgery takes 6 weeks to heal. Abraham would have been healed and back 100% a few weeks ago and ready for the playoffs. I know they coddle players but think of the players careers instead of teams hopeful agenda.
He didn't have surgery.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
This feels like a preseason game. Windsor has no urgency and I don't really blame them. Frankly, I'm surprised so many vets are playing.

Me too, wonder why BB n staff went with thst decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad