Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Thank you for the list of possibilities. Findlay would be nice with the history of his father.
Another thing about Findlay you may know he already is on a baseball scholarship with St Clair so his post education is taken care of,I think he would play,if not Masterson a possibility and he plays rough.

Reactions: Cherrydon

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Best to be prepared for a possible ugly game where we don't need regulars hurt or suspended but some of these call ups could make their presence known if the Knights are sulking. I believe they will try and play solid trying to lock up 2nd from Sarnia.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Congrats to the Spitifres on the second consecutive division and conference championship.

Christopoulos was obviously outstanding. Hoping to see him get 50. I also thought Wright was stellar, recording 3 points, and now has 35 points in 19 games. Costanzo made several marvelous saves. Sobolev was strong defensively. The bad news was the D'Angelis injury. Hopefully it's not serious but he did not return.

I would rest Maggio and Wright for sure. Possible Harrison and Maillet as well, but you can only rest so many guys. The Knights could be trying to initiate rough stuff, could be interesting but its best to stay away from any shenanigans.

Reactions: m2m and DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Another thing about Findlay you may know he already is on a baseball scholarship with St Clair so his post education is taken care of,I think he would play,if not Masterson a possibility and he plays rough.
Changes I would make for tomorrow 's game is Deangelis, Sobolev and Dionicio from the D not dressing,replaced by Woodall, and Finley or Masterson or Hamelin, upfront Wright and Peer not dressing replaced by Martin and Birkett,and Michelone dresses for Costanzo, while Onuska gets the start.
Reviewing not dressed for Windsor tomorrow should be Wright,Peer,Costanzo, Deangelis, Sobolev, Dionicio, along with already injured players Greentree, Abraham and Spellacy, that's 10 players.
Meant to add McLlwain upfront if 3 dmen are not added, as 4 are still left,Christoforo, Renwick, Holmes and Jodoin.

Reactions: m2m and DetSpitsFan

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Best to be prepared for a possible ugly game where we don't need regulars hurt or suspended but some of these call ups could make their presence known if the Knights are sulking. I believe they will try and play solid trying to lock up 2nd from Sarnia.
Sarnia locked in 3rd. Knights win their Division

Reactions: rve24

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I’m really rooting for Christopoulos to get there tomorrow.

Agreed. Rest everyone willing and injury prone/already dealing with stuff. Harrison, Wright, Peer, Sobolev, DeAngelis… I’m going Dionicio too but I bet he plays. He holds a lot of value on both ends, and well he can play with emotion, I’m not risking anything.

That would require quite a few call ups though.

Davis, McManus stay up, I’d guess Stewart, Martin, McLlwan in for our forwards. Dionicio to the back end and Woodall called up.

Maggio will want to play, and if he wants to go, I let him. Let him add to his point total, and put him with Maillet and Christo and try and feed Christo for 50. Im fine with an 8-1 loss tomorrow if that one’s coming from Christo.

I imagine the crowd will be buzzing, and with both teams secured in their positions, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mailloux, Diaco, Brochu out as well.

Reactions: KyGuy9

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Agreed. Rest everyone willing and injury prone/already dealing with stuff. Harrison, Wright, Peer, Sobolev, DeAngelis… I’m going Dionicio too but I bet he plays. He holds a lot of value on both ends, and well he can play with emotion, I’m not risking anything.

Davis, McManus stay up, I’d guess Stewart, Martin, McLlwan in for our forwards. Dionicio to the back end and Woodall called up.

Maggio will want to play, and if he wants to go, I let him. Let him add to his point total, and put him with Maillet and Christo and try and feed Christo for 50. Im fine with an 8-1 loss tomorrow if that one’s coming from Christo.

I imagine the crowd will be buzzing, and with both teams secured in their positions, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mailloux, Diaco, Brochu out as well.
I really hope Dionicio sits out,Stewart because he has played 9 games and his team Caledonia is still playing he cant be used,though they have enough players anyways Birkett not on your list can go in,so can Grenerio as well,I would probably dress Harrison, I agree with you about Maggio,if he wants him put him in,I know they will be honoring the OAs so I am sure Maggio wants to be suited up.
Hope Spits dress another D instead of Sobolev and Dionicio, and we know unlikely Deangelis suits up.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Well you can relate to mentioning something 1000 times as it relates to me by you pretty sad after awhile tho,hoping to convince the masses as I continue to live rent free in your head lol

But yet you feel a need to respond to a higher % of my posts than I do yours? Stats dont back up your post. Interesting thoughts from a stats guy. Oops forgot, selective stats guy. 😬

Whatever story ya wanna make up in your head to make ya feel better BK lol.
I responded to your content, you can't do that back cause ya got nothing. So ya try n get your lil personal dig in. Ya never respond to content, wonder why???????? Everyone knows your agenda ;)

I would guess the person who said I'm on ignore (you admitted to that lie and others) and admitted to a secondary account to monitor posts ( really the saddest thing Ive ever read on HF, an adult... would take a public fan forum that serious at your age to lurk with secondary accounts and lie in PMs.... I feel for ya, really do) .... is the individual having others "live rent free"in their head ;)
All posted, available to share, public n saved ;) I got no need for a 2nd account, I don't post in PMs saying I'll monitor your posts, i feel no need to try n be the sherriff of an entire teams site....but you do or did ;)
The PMs are saved if ya want me to share for others.

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Well done boys! Gives you a small break and the #1 slot! Get some rest. Tomorrow very easily could get stupid, lets hope the league and officials read the riot act before hand!

Agreed, keep those Spits players from starting stuff ;)

I don't expect much either way. Maybe an individual from one team being stupid but I think ya see a tame game both sides with nothing really to play for.

Can't see these 2 teams hooking up in the POs. Lk is out before the conf. finals barring some incredibly good fortune.

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
You will most likely see an extremely docile game. London is a #2 seed it's locked in. You might see London/Kitchener get chippy on Sunday since they might match up in round 1. Guelph beats Saginaw on Saturday it would guarantee a Ldn/Kitchener 1st round unless OS sweeps their next 2 games, doesn't seem likely imo.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I feel like we're going to see...

Forwards:

Out - Maillet, Harrison, Wright, Peer
In - McManus, Davis, McLlwain, Martin

Def:

Out - Renwick
In - Woodall

Goal - Scratch Costanzo and bring in Michelone

This gives Windsor a chance to rest a bunch of guys but still have enough firepower to play and a few guys who can do something should the fill-ins get roughed up.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So some thoughts from last night's game - Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
Ya it's only one game but you could see last year's playoff experience in that one. They were out played for long stretches in their own end but they kept at it and for the most part kept London to the outside. Last 2 games they have played much better in their own end. Forward support is critical to that.

Mr Wright does not get much credit but he was a big factor again last night. 3 points and 2 critical blocked shots on the PK. You know your Stars are buying in when they are dropping down to block slapshots from the blue line. Not my favorite thing to do. He is also very responsible in the Spits end and key on the faceoffs. Glad we got him.

Nice to win the west 2 years in a row! Not going to have much trouble trying to convince kids to play here. Wright chosing to play here says a lot.

Hope Nick is OK?! Need him going forward.

Likely Owen Sound in the first round. Not going to look ahead beyond that round. Need to win that one first.

Go Spits Go!!!

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I feel like we're going to see...

Forwards:

Out - Maillet, Harrison, Wright, Peer
In - McManus, Davis, McLlwain, Martin

Def:

Out - Renwick
In - Woodall

Goal - Scratch Costanzo and bring in Michelone

This gives Windsor a chance to rest a bunch of guys but still have enough firepower to play and a few guys who can do something should the fill-ins get roughed up.
So you want to dress under the limit that is what you are saying? Davis and McManus were already in the lineup. If you are taking out 4 guys you are only replacing those 4 with 2 guys.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I would start Michelone. We do need a solid healthy back up so why risk Onuska getting hurt with a start?
I get your point about risk regarding Onuska,so I would probably play both Onuska and Michelone tonight and Costanzo doesn't dress.
Onuska needs to get some confidence going into the playoffs should he ever be needed to play.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
So some thoughts from last night's game - Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
Ya it's only one game but you could see last year's playoff experience in that one. They were out played for long stretches in their own end but they kept at it and for the most part kept London to the outside. Last 2 games they have played much better in their own end. Forward support is critical to that.

Mr Wright does not get much credit but he was a big factor again last night. 3 points and 2 critical blocked shots on the PK. You know your Stars are buying in when they are dropping down to block slapshots from the blue line. Not my favorite thing to do. He is also very responsible in the Spits end and key on the faceoffs. Glad we got him.

Nice to win the west 2 years in a row! Not going to have much trouble trying to convince kids to play here. Wright chosing to play here says a lot.

Hope Nick is OK?! Need him going forward.

Likely Owen Sound in the first round. Not going to look ahead beyond that round. Need to win that one first.

Go Spits Go!!!
Excellent points made Shayne Wright and his play and sacrifice last night.
And yes nice to capture back to back 1st place finishes,last happened in 09,10.
Costanzo on a nice roll,has allowed only 8 goals in his last 4 games,plus 900 save percentage, 4-0 record and team now 6-1 in their last 7 games.
In fact Costanzo who I doubt plays tonight finishes the regular season
12-0-0-1 when starting a home game,unbeaten in regulation, only loss at home when he replaced Onuska in a recent game vs Sarnia.
Another point about Costanzo in his last 4 starts as well he has only allowed 3- 5 on 5 goals against pretty impressive.
One more thing about Windsor they are now 34-0-0-1 when leading after 2,and including last year during regular season are 70-0-1-1 when leading after 2 periods very good imo.

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

I'd rest Maggio also.
No need for him to get hurt.
He has played way too many minutes in season.
Rest would be helpful.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I’m certain Maggio will be given the option to rest.

Overagers night, captain, last season in the O, hometown, 110pts (leads Voit by 7), 53 goals (leads Burke by 3)… id guess he’d play to try and log a couple more points maybe another goal to securing scoring title.

I think all OAers will be in the game tonight.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I’m certain Maggio will be given the option to rest.

Overagers night, captain, last season in the O, hometown, 110pts (leads Voit by 7), 53 goals (leads Burke by 3)… id guess he’d play to try and log a couple more points maybe another goal to securing scoring title.

I think all OAers will be in the game tonight.
I would agree all 3 OA players for Windsor will probably suit up and play.
One player from La Salle who wont play tonight is forward Ethan Martin, apparently he has 1 game left to serve for a suspension he received a couple of games ago while playing in their playoffs.
Probably means forward Nick Grenerio will be in the lineup from La Salle amongst others in tonight's lineup.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan and m2m

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So you want to dress under the limit that is what you are saying? Davis and McManus were already in the lineup. If you are taking out 4 guys you are only replacing those 4 with 2 guys.

Point understood; was more tired than I thought when I typed that haha at the same time, there are only so many guys like to be called up. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't play a full four lines.
Probably means forward Nick Grenerio will be in the lineup from La Salle amongst others in tonight's lineup.

That's a name I forgot; good kid, too (I knew his father back in the day).

I'd dress Maggio to see if he can pad his lead a bit. I'd hate to have him sit and both Voit/Burke pass him in the final game. That said... it should also be up to him.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Point understood; was more tired than I thought when I typed that haha at the same time, there are only so many guys like to be called up. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't play a full four lines.

That's a name I forgot; good kid, too (I knew his father back in the day).

I'd dress Maggio to see if he can pad his lead a bit. I'd hate to have him sit and both Voit/Burke pass him in the final game. That said... it should also be up to him.
Nobody should be above the team
Dress him for a few shifts then shut him down then.
He's played a lot.
Rest is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad