Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Why are we talking about a goalie who may not even be a member of this team anymore. Unless things have changed in the past few days and you've heard different, X is X Spit. Maybe things have since changed but X not with the team the last 2 games speaks volumes for the current state of affairs. If you know different then please elaborate. Even if he crawls back begging, do you really want that drama in the dressing room amongst the rest of the team who are committed to playing their best unconditionally?

I doubt Medina will crawl back begging and I doubt Savard according to my sources will change his attitude towards Medina either so the team suffers the most imo

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The impression I got, a few weeks back, was the whole thing was a work-in-progress and Medina was working with Leighton. I HOPE that things have gotten better but I'm not banking on it.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Well one thing is for sure, you can't say the team gives up or doesn't work hard. Rallying from a 3-0 deficit shows these guys don't give up. Also, the talk about McDonald, yes he scored goals but the team's offensive production hasn't dipped since trading him. They are scoring four or five goals almost every game.

Currie is more physical and seems to be the type of player you need to win playoff games. Same goes for Christopoulis and Maillet, these guys work hard and can wear teams down with the cycle game and are contributing offensively. The issue is the defensive zone coverage, it's a problem but it is what it is. It's gonna be hard to catch Flint, especially with their mickey mouse schedule.

If the Spitfires win tonight they are only one point back of SOO with 4 games in hand. Spits will likely finish 3rd in the conference.

Light stat.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The impression I got, a few weeks back, was the whole thing was a work-in-progress and Medina was working with Leighton. I HOPE that things have gotten better but I'm not banking on it.
Do you think the Medina situation has anything to do with the 7-1 loss to Guelph? Coach left him in for all 7 goals... a la Patrick Roy.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Why is it Savards attitude an issue and not X, s? Takes 2 to tangle and it is common knowledge that X had previous "attitude " issues long before Savard. Why the sudden goaltending coach change? Why did Bowler attain another older goalie? There is 1 common denominator. X How many pkayers are "Associate coaches " 1 is too many on any team and we have at least 2. Henault almost every face-off runs to the forwards to give his 2 cents before puck drop even after a set play from the bench was prescribed.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
You are correct Medina is 6-6-0-1 on the road and has not won on the road since Jan 9,going 0-3 in the process,what you failed to mention is that since Jan 9 Medina is 6-0 at home with a 2.30 goals against average to boot.
Onuska on the road is 1-1-1-1 since arriving plus he got yanked 16 minutes into his 1st game after allowing 3 goals and got bailed out by Medina.
Just adding context.

Lots of goals and comebacks have bailed medina out of many games.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Why is it Savards attitude an issue and not X, s? Takes 2 to tangle and it is common knowledge that X had previous "attitude " issues long before Savard. Why the sudden goaltending coach change? Why did Bowler attain another older goalie? There is 1 common denominator. X How many pkayers are "Associate coaches " 1 is too many on any team and we have at least 2. Henault almost every face-off runs to the forwards to give his 2 cents before puck drop even after a set play from the bench was prescribed.

Completely agree.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Do you think the Medina situation has anything to do with the 7-1 loss to Guelph? Coach left him in for all 7 goals... a la Patrick Roy.

Could it have played a factor? Certainly. Do I KNOW that it did? No. That said, since the game, Savard has said sometimes teams need "a good whoopin'." (referring to the blowout) I guess we'll find out tonight and tomorrow what the situation is... or at leat get a better idea.

Reactions: nelli27

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
If Savard is anything as harsh as Dale Hunter then give the man a bonus Scotty Bowman made it clear that it is my way or the highway Savard still needs to earn that accolade but that is the tug of war with mixed coaching staff and players with "senority " put it all away and Let's go play hard tonight and tomorrow and win 5 of 6pts this weekend. That is how this team can overcome the current drama.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
No, I'm still waiting on the Capri pizza (as part of bet where I said Onuska would inherit starting job). I can only stare at the advertisement behind the Windsor goal for so long before I start to drool.

Should be given to u soon if what was stared on here comes true. Time will tell. It will be just much more delicious for u.

member 71782

No, I'm still waiting on the Capri pizza (as part of bet where I said Onuska would inherit starting job). I can only stare at the advertisement behind the Windsor goal for so long before I start to drool.

Does Capri use fresh mushrooms or are they canned like most Windsor style pizza has?

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Until we hear it official it’s still rumour. BB had to do it but he also should have seen it coming! It’s not anything new, players act up, this player has had this issue more than once. Writing was on the wall and you need to protect your team! He did not.

Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Lots of goals and comebacks have bailed medina out of many games.

You are clueless
Medina is 14-0 this season when allowing 3 or less goals per game how is the team bailing him out for fk sakes.
Only goalie in top 12 undefeated with this stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad