Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Teflon

I could see Maggio drafted despite turning 20 in November, or a team may wait till post draft to sign him as a free agent,I am sure with breakout season there will be interest and he hopefully returns next year as one best OA's in the league.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
He’ll get interest but I’m betting signed as a FA. Should be an OA 100%. Gee have you come around on Meidema? Lol. Big boy, skill set is there but he takes shifts off and doesn’t use his body near enough. I said that early in the season and got roasted…. Next 3 games will show us if they are ready to compete. Storm, knights and Sting. Tough to beat a good team twice in a row (storm). Knights will have the Spits nemesis in net I’m sure, and the Sting always give us fits. Need 4-5 points, prefer all 6 tho lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
He’ll get interest but I’m betting signed as a FA. Should be an OA 100%. Gee have you come around on Meidema? Lol. Big boy, skill set is there but he takes shifts off and doesn’t use his body near enough. I said that early in the season and got roasted…. Next 3 games will show us if they are ready to compete. Storm, knights and Sting. Tough to beat a good team twice in a row (storm). Knights will have the Spits nemesis in net I’m sure, and the Sting always give us fits. Need 4-5 points, prefer all 6 tho lol.

Re Miedema
Would like him to be more aggressive not questioning effort, I think he will improve moving forward in the 2nd half of the season.
Games this week should be interesting, I am not sold on Guelph, Windsor 2-0 vs them so far and for the most part convincing wins,London coming off Covid will be interesting how they respond, Sarnia usually plays one good game,then bad,for the most part vs Windsor, Sunday we will see,assuming 1 or both goalies will be
available for Sarnia (Gaudreau or Thornton).

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Re Miedema
Would like him to be more aggressive not questioning effort, I think he will improve moving forward in the 2nd half of the season.
Games this week should be interesting, I am not sold on Guelph, Windsor 2-0 vs them so far and for the most part convincing wins,London coming off Covid will be interesting how they respond, Sarnia usually plays one good game,then bad,for the most part vs Windsor, Sunday we will see,assuming 1 or both goalies will be
available for Sarnia (Gaudreau or Thornton).

Maybe Windsor catch a "break".

Reactions: aresknights

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Maybe Windsor catch a "break".

Well Sarnia had their chance when Windsor came out of Covid and didn't win,Guelph too,Windsor playing the night before,Guelph didn't take advantage, guess we will see Friday vs London,while I dont like to see any team including Windsor having covid and then playing against one who isn't experiencing same thing,I will take a possible break,because other teams have had the chance,some caught a break,Kitchener for one,others haven't, even ning things out works for me.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Well Sarnia had their chance when Windsor came out of Covid and didn't win,Guelph too,Windsor playing the night before,Guelph didn't take advantage, guess we will see Friday vs London,while I dont like to see any team including Windsor having covid and then playing against one who isn't experiencing same thing,I will take a possible break,because other teams have had the chance,some caught a break,Kitchener for one,others haven't, even ning things out works for me.

So breaks, factors even out over the course of a season? Wow.
So Windsor is catching a break vs. London? Cmon say it ;) you said you would.
I believe that's what you said earlier when it was Spits vs. another team and also claimed you would say so if reversed............. Can't wait to read that post, but I'm figuring something else will come up?

Last edited:
Reactions: RayzorIsDull

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I believe that's what you said earlier when it was Spits vs. another team and also claimed you would say so if reversed............. Can't wait to read that post, but I'm figuring something else will come up?

Not all factors,not all breaks for a season no,but as it relates to covid,it hasn't broken even this year, will it perhaps,I hope so,would prefer against same team,although like I said earlier I wish no team would be affected, Windsor has more then once,some teams so far not so much.
At end of day not looking for more breaks but the same yes.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not all factors,not all breaks for a season no,but as it relates to covid,it hasn't broken even this year, will it perhaps,I hope so,would prefer against same team,although like I said earlier I wish no team would be affected, Windsor has more then once,some teams so far not so much.
At end of day not looking for more breaks but the same yes.

So not going to admit it as you said you would if the shoe was on the other foot.
Cool.

Do you have the league wide stats per team, covid issues, games lost, games suspended, time off between games, severity of players illness due to covid to claim as you do that it hasn't broken even yet?
And also want it to effect matchups evenly? So.........if Sarnia hits a covid outbreak and plays Windsor you also hope Windsor in that same game is without top 2 goalies, top D n another top 5 D.....
See the hoops you jump thru to only ever admit Spits are always hard dome by n never catch a break but so quick yo trumpet the opposite?
So based on your logic to make it fair in the season series vs. London another game needs to be be played under sugar circumstances as this weekend?
And until then Spits catch a break. Got it. TY.
But wish ya coulda honored your word

Reactions: member 71782

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Sometimes refs also.

member 71782

So not going to admit it as you said you would if the shoe was on the other foot.
Cool.

Do you have the league wide stats per team, covid issues, games lost, games suspended, time off between games, severity of players illness due to covid to claim as you do that it hasn't broken even yet?
And also want it to effect matchups evenly? So.........if Sarnia hits a covid outbreak and plays Windsor you also hope Windsor in that same game is without top 2 goalies, top D n another top 5 D.....
See the hoops you jump thru to only ever admit Spits are always hard dome by n never catch a break but so quick yo trumpet the opposite?
So based on your logic to make it fair in the season series vs. London another game needs to be be played under sugar circumstances as this weekend?
And until then Spits catch a break. Got it. TY.
But wish ya coulda honored your word

One day the hockey fairies are going to show up and split everything right down the middle but until then we'll all have to continue hearing about how all season, every season Windsor gets the short end if the stick regardless of the situation. If it's too obvious that there is no excuse, sorry, I mean factors then we'll get the standard 15 caveats, some long after the excuses, factors have been pointed out as having no merit just to justify what the hockey fairies failed to deliver on.

Arron Backhouse

Mar 25, 2019
Could see a team take a chance on him in the later rounds, over the last few years we have seen teams take a chance on an older player more. Hopefully no matter what he comes back for an OA year sence with covid alot of prospects have had their development haulted a little as a result of covid, just my 5 cents

stips

Apr 3, 2016
I would be asking Cuylle to pick it up, and along with Johnson, carry this team. Rangers have been watching for effort consistency, finishing checks, and improved skating, and he has more to give. He should be capable of being in the top 10 in scoring, especially if he plays on the line with Johnson and Maggio.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Is weather going to be a factor, or is Guelph in town already?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor vs Guelph
Not dressed for Windsor
P.Zito- suspension
B Ride-extra
A Baisov-extra
K.Downey-Jr.B
Starting in goal is X Medina-2.96
Starting in goal for Guelph -Owen Bennett-3.46

Last edited:
Status