Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
That article doesn't say much. Most players at that age don't want to return to junior. Organizations may have different thoughts on the matter.

cheddar seeker

Sep 12, 2017
Am I missing something, Sergachev is an import and eligible to play in the AHL. Why would he go over to KHL. There is no chance for call-up with that option.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Am I missing something, Sergachev is an import and eligible to play in the AHL. Why would he go over to KHL. There is no chance for call-up with that option.

Because he was drafted from the OHL,for this season he either plays for TBay or the OHL,can not play in the AHL.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He has nothing to prove, but the Lightning have Koekkoek and Dotchin, both of whom they like and receive a 2nd round pick if Sergachev plays less than 40 games. Even though Sergachev might not think the OHL is an option, the Lightning might have different ideas. Since he is signed by Tampa Bay, does anyone know if the KHL is an option?

sorry, just saw this. doesnt happen often but ya, it looks like it is, i guess when nhl teams sign players they can asign them to europe, its happened a few times
https://canucksarmy.com/2013/03/05/...o-chicago-following-his-final-sel-game-today/

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
There not going to assign him to the KHL - It is a competitive league with the NHL. He could go to Europe but highly unlikely.

hes under contract so the khl cant pouch him. la sent a prospect to the khl, sharpzianoz (sp?) this year. either way i dont see him here, tampa bay has options

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'd be shocked if Serg is back in Windsor. In the miniscule chance he's sent to the O, he's dealt for a nice package. He was a treat to watch here, though.

As for Luchuk/Boka - I said earlier that Luchuk had the makings of a captain. This is his team and he deserves it. Boka is also very deserving. I've always had a sense he could join the leadership ranks; this shows it.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Game day Windsor vs Sarnia in the 1st of a back to back to end the exhibition season,next game tomorrow at Sarnia.
Dipietro, Kitkevicius along with the big 4, (Brown, Vilardi,Day,and Sergachev) among those not dressing for Windsor, while Sarnia will be missing forwards Ruzcicka,Salintri, McGregor,Rymsha and Kyrou,all away at NHL camps,
Expecting both Aaron Luchuk and Luke Boka back in the lineup now that they have returned from NHL development tourneys.
Brock Baier expected to get the start in goal for Windsor.
Defense seems set with 7 left in camp.
And until any of the big 4 return,namely Brown and Vilardi,forwards for the most appear set,time will tell but it is an important weekend for some.
Looking forward to seeing many of new guys in action playing at home for the 1st time.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I'd be shocked if Serg is back in Windsor. In the miniscule chance he's sent to the O, he's dealt for a nice package. He was a treat to watch here, though.

As for Luchuk/Boka - I said earlier that Luchuk had the makings of a captain. This is his team and he deserves it. Boka is also very deserving. I've always had a sense he could join the leadership ranks; this shows it.

With Boka getting an A, does that mean he gets more playing time?
2 or 3 shifts a game wont do it for a guy wearing an A.
Guess it will be a learning curve for him this year also.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Not sure what you mean,last year was playing 3rd line minutes,top 3 lines in the Mem Cup,went to 2 NHL rookie camps, Columbus and then Carolina in September,think he had 4 points rookie year,28 points with 13 goals, plus excellent penalty killer and shot blocker,a solid team guy

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

look at the roster, hes going to get top 2 line minutes, he played way more then 2-3 shifts a game, he had 28 points last year lol

geo105

May 3, 2014
What do any Spits fans think would be needed in a trade for Dipietro. Picks, players what? We need an upgrade in goal here in Stormland!

stips

Apr 3, 2016
What do any Spits fans think would be needed in a trade for Dipietro. Picks, players what? We need an upgrade in goal here in Stormland!

At least nine top picks (combination of 2nd or 3rd round)!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Spits need 2nd and 3rd rounders but I wouldn't settle for anything less than Hillis and picks. Guelph wouldn't trade Hillis though.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

probably would start with bertuzzi, but that may not be worth it for guelph. hillis plus alot of picks. id prefer an 01 but hillis is pretty solid. hillis would have a ntc and gave up providence to go to guelph, not sure hed want to be traded anywhere.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Boka is an interesting player he should increase his goal total but probably not by that much. In order to score a lot of goals you need to take a lot of shots, shooters gotta shoot. He had 13 goals on 98 shots, so he took a little over 1 shot per game. McCool wasn't a shot taker either therefore limited his ability to score goals. If Boka is a guy that is a high shot taker he might score more.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It's a no-lose situation for Windsor. If he succeeds, he adds value to the roster. If he doesn't, they didn't give up anything for him and a younger player takes his spot.

its not a good thing that we dont have kids to take this spot and have to rely on other teams cuts. its a lose because we dont have anyone else here to do it so we have to even start looking at these guys

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
its not a good thing that we dont have kids to take this spot and have to rely on other teams cuts. its a lose because we dont have anyone else here to do it so we have to even start looking at these guys

When Brown is returned and Vilardi is healthy, 2 forwards can be cut. If the younger forwards are playing well, 2 older FAs can be released. If the younger players are not ready, they can be sent to Jr. B and the older FAs kept. Not a perfect scenario, but that is the price we pay for winning last year's Mem Cup.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

Why look at it like that, though? If Latta succeeds, we've got a productive guy and the youth are getting tons of playing time elsewhere to prep for next season. If he fails, we bring the kids up and see what happens. Either way, we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad