Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCSF - Game 6 - Nashville at Winnipeg - Tied 3-3 - 5/7/18 8:30 Central - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Can we play game 7 in Canada?

Preds fans who attend the game should wear white instead of yellow to make the players feel like they're still in Winnipeg.

More seriously, if I were Laviolette, I'd force the players to sleep in a hotel once they get back in town, instead of letting them go home and sleep in their own beds. Coaches in the past have done that when teams haven't performed well at home. It sometimes helps a little bit to keep the players focused on the game, rather than their real life issues. It may be a bit cruel to not let them spend time with their wives and kids, but this is a Game 7 that we're talking about.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
This was the best game the Preds have played in this series. If they can remain calm/focus and determined to win a game and play like they did tonight, we will win the next game. If they play how they have played at our home games where they are easily nervous and flustered then the Jets will win. If I was Lavy I would just tell the guys they are playing an away game.

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I have an idea. Instead of wearing yellow, all Preds fans that attend the game should dress in white. Make the Preds feel like they're playing in Winnipeg and try to take the crowd out of it.

Seriously, if I were Laviolette, I'd force the players to sleep in a hotel once they get back in town, instead of letting them go home and sleep in their own beds. Coaches in the past have done that when teams haven't performed well at home.

At this rate stay in a different city and fly in the night before the game.

Reactions: Adz

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Okay we just got to not crumble in our own barn now. Don't know what it is about our barn but it's been like kryptonite for our players. I think the pressure to get a win in our barn affects this team mentally. They need to zone all that out (even pretend it's an away game if that helps) and just remain focus on playing their best hockey and winning a game and forget everything else.
Preds should treat this as a road game. Go stay in a hotel, eat together, don't get comfortable and just stay focused on the mission. Let the crowd respond naturally, don't try to force something into happening. Hartnell also needs to stay in the lineup.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
I thought for sure I would hate a lot of the Jets players after this series but I really don't. Even Byfuglien. The exception is Laine. What an immature bitch. There's no doubting his skill but he has some serious maturing to do. Flipping the puck at Arvi after the empty netter. Zero class.

Reactions: Jonesey and jorel

Tempfan99

Apr 16, 2017
Montreal
Who benefits most from the extra day? I assume Nashville because that's just one more day Winnipeg has to sit around pissed off.
since we dont know about the little hidden i juries....if i have to chose id say nashville because we have 4 players with over 23min tonight and they had only one. our first 4 d-men could use an extra day off

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Woooooo! GAME 7, BABY!

Forsberg! :bow::eek:

So happy for Rinne to get the shutout. He didn't have to make a lot of tough saves, but he did make the big ones that he had to make.

Great job by everyone, played as 5 man units all night. Defense was strong again. Which leads to the question, WHY CAN'T WE PLAY LIKE THIS AT HOME?!?!

There really is no home ice advantage in this series. Supposedly the 2 toughest buildings to play in and each team has one home win.

Can we wear our road jerseys thursday?

SUCK IT JETS!

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Congrats Nashville Predators...

Funny how we all cant win in our home team rinks?

Game Lucky 7...

As a Jets Fan do I want DC to win the Stanley Cup?

Hell no...

Who likes DC?

Do I want Tampax to win?

Hell no!

Do I want Las Vegas?

Well Hell No...

They don't deserve it period...

So if not for my Jets who else do I have to cheer for then?

I read your site the last couple of days and as a mad hockey fan may I suggest that until that Fat Lady Sings...

Never ever give up on your team...

I hope my team wins period...

And I shall believe that until I hear her fat loser song...

Game 7 in the second round?

The Two Best NHL Teams...

If we do this enough times just maybe the NHL will change the rules just like Edmonton winning the lottery...

It be good for both of us???

May the best team win Thursday...

And...

May that Team Win:

stanley-cup-060215-usnews-getty-ftr_112p44ry4yqq91xrfgoh78vg5u.jpg

:nhl :sc09: :HFB:

Lets keep Stanley Cup in the Central...

Enjoy the win tonight Nashville...

Come Thursday we both fight for Stanley...

And the winner moves on...

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Preds should treat this as a road game. Go stay in a hotel, eat together, don't get comfortable and just stay focused on the mission. Let the crowd respond naturally, don't try to force something into happening. Hartnell also needs to stay in the lineup.

Yeah I noticed when they are at home they want to get the win for the home crowd and so they don't play loose and they try too hard to get a goal that they get alot of shots off but end up forcing things to happen and can't score. Where as on the road games they don't have the pressure of performing for their home crowd and can just focus on the game itself. They just look alot more calmer/focused on the road games and loose and can play their game and can score easier. If I was Lavy, I would try to mentally prepare this team to forget about/not get distracted trying to impress their crowd or don't get flustered when they are down in front of their home crowd and just stay focused on the task at hand which is to just win a hockey game and do everything they got to just get a win and forget about everything else. The Preds need to forget that it's even a home game (they need to zone the crowd out as much as possible) and just focus on getting a win. The way this team plays at home vs away games in this series is like night and day. At the away games, they seem calm/loose and focus and working together. At home games, it's like crapville, chaos, and like all hell broke loose. I think the team that can keep their kewl/remain calm the most and focused will win the next game. The team that gets flustered or distracted easily will lose.

Last edited:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Dear Southern US...

Winnipeg and Nashville respect Family...

Respect God...

Love of music...

And our Histories of losing is well documented...

Have you ever heard of Louis Riel?

There's a long weekend named after him in Winnipeg Manitoba...

Our Teams and history binds us as brothers from different mothers...

We are the same...

Louis Riel - Wikipedia

Go Central Go

As long as either you or us win Stanley Cup were good...

Cheers...

Jets fan...

He who wins writes history...

We all know that sometimes it isn't written right?
;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

pkshowban

The Montreal Predator family
Feb 12, 2017
Congrats Nashville Predators...

Funny how we all cant win in our home team rinks?

Game Lucky 7...

As a Jets Fan do I want DC to win the Stanley Cup?

Hell no...

Who likes DC?

Do I want Tampax to win?

Hell no!

Do I want Las Vegas?

Well Hell No...

They don't deserve it period...

So if not for my Jets who else do I have to cheer for then?

I read your site the last couple of days and as a mad hockey fan may I suggest that until that Fat Lady Sings...

Never ever give up on your team...

I hope my team wins period...

And I shall believe that until I hear her fat loser song...

Game 7 in the second round?

The Two Best NHL Teams...

If we do this enough times just maybe the NHL will change the rules just like Edmonton winning the lottery...

It be good for both of us???

May the best team win Thursday...

And...

May that Team Win:

stanley-cup-060215-usnews-getty-ftr_112p44ry4yqq91xrfgoh78vg5u.jpg

:nhl :sc09: :HFB:

Lets keep Stanley Cup in the Central...

Enjoy the win tonight Nashville...

Come Thursday we both fight for Stanley...

And the winner moves on...

I think it s the first time i like a Bradley edwards post loll

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Also may I add this is the first game I felt the guys played a complete 60 minute game. They played hard and never stopped skating for the whole 60 minutes. They were working their butts off and working as a team. They worked as a team to get the puck out of our end and keep it in theirs and scored on their chances when needed and Peks made saves when needed. Think that is the best I have seen Peks this whole series. What this team can do when they will just stay focused and bust their butts for the whole 60 minutes and never let up. The guys need to do this even if they are down too and not just if they are up. They just don't need to be fazed one bit what the score may be and just be determined to win a hockey game no matter what and keep playing for 60 minutes. This team at their best can beat any hockey team. I think this team stands in their own way more than anything. If they can just remain calm/composed and determined/focused to win a game for each other, they can.

Last edited:
Reactions: predfan98 and Tex76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad