GDT: Win one for Haula at Tampa

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Svech got his stick slashed and broken on a breakaway with an empty net. Shouldn't that be a goal?
I mean they won anyway so whatever but am I not understanding the rules correctly? Was he not enough in the clear? Dude had to reach from behind him to slash his stick and he was denied a scoring chance. I cant believe the bench and/or tripp wasnt losing their minds

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Our penalty killings has been huge this month.

Canes vs Red Wings 4/5
Canes vs Devils 3/4
Flyers vs Canes 2/3
Canes vs Rangers 1/2

Sens vs Canes 4/4
Canes vs Sens 3/3
Sabres vs Canes 3/3
Wild vs Canes 3/3
Hawks vs Canes 3/3

Canes vs Flyers 2/3
Canes vs Panthers 2/2
Wings vs Canes 1/1

Rags vs Canes 4/5
Canes vs Preds 4/4

Tampa vs Canes 5/6

51 PK, 7 goals against us.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Home/road platoon for Mrazek/Reimer?

BTW, on Nov. 2, we were all fighting over who would get to drive Reimer to the airport so we could send him to the Siberian League and call up Ned.

And odds are in a couple months, we’ll be fighting to do so again. Neither Reimer nor Mrazek are going to be the most consistent goalies in the league. As long as they get the job done, that’s all we can ask for, but when they’re bad, they look really bad.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
And odds are in a couple months, we’ll be fighting to do so again. Neither Reimer nor Mrazek are going to be the most consistent goalies in the league. As long as they get the job done, that’s all we can ask for, but when they’re bad, they look really bad.

I've always viewed next offseason as the year that the Canes finally get their goalie. With the large UFA crop next year, there will almost certainly be one that falls through the cracks after Day 1 (Corey Crawford, I bet). In the meantime, though, Mrazek/Reimer are just fine this year as stopgaps.

Reactions: Tryamw

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Them spending zillion dollars trying to open door to hell and this is what they got.

And, they also created a universe where the normally placid Bill Peters suddenly decided to shriek the N-Word and forever, irrevocably alter the outcome of the NHL world...

Reactions: Tryamw

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I've always viewed next offseason as the year that the Canes finally get their goalie. With the large UFA crop next year, there will almost certainly be one that falls through the cracks after Day 1 (Corey Crawford, I bet). In the meantime, though, Mrazek/Reimer are just fine this year as stopgaps.

So when we finally get our goalie it’s going to be a 35 year old who’s had severe concussion related issues the past few seasons?

Can’t wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad