Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Jets @ Predators 3/13/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Jets are the new Ducks, haven’t you heard?
Lost a ton of respect for them after this game.
As far as that dude who posted from the Jets board... I used to be really salty about the Blackhawks. And why is that, you ask? Because they continually whooped our ass even though we came so close so many times.

Reactions: klt2001

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Same, never liked them as the Thrashers, have liked them even less as the Jets. Canadian market with a relocated southern team. Division rival. And they don't even have the iconic jets uniform!

Jets and Wild can battle for the bottom every year, I'd be very happy with that. I hate the Jackets too, but they're not really an issue anymore. It's nice being the most successful team of our expansion class, by a long shot!

I don't want them to succeed because they were the Thrashers. We never really tasted success here in Atlanta so I want Winnipeg to suffer through the same mediocrity/futility.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Ignore most of our board. I saw a Preds team that knew they'd won it after 10-15 minutes and decided to sit back a bit. The message was sent. It's too bad that we had so many injuries for this one but we're not realistically catching you guys even with a win tonight. See you guys on the 25th.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Jets are the new Ducks, haven’t you heard?
Lost a ton of respect for them after this game.
As far as that dude who posted from the Jets board
... I used to be really salty about the Blackhawks. And why is that, you ask? Because they continually whooped our ass even though we came so close so many times.

True. The Blackhawks had our number and would whoop our asses which was so frustrating to come so close but no cigarette but it finally felt good to whoop their ass last year in the playoffs and Chicago haven't been the same since. Got to hope that we don't have to experience that any time soon (which one day we will). I'm just hoping it's later rather than sooner especially since we have only been a contender for a year now (last year and looking good so far this year).

Last edited:
Reactions: FierceFalcon

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
True. The Blackhawks had our number and would whoop our asses which was so frustrating to come so close but no cigarette but it finally felt good to whoop their ass last year in the playoffs and Chicago haven't been the same since. Got to hope that we don't have to experience that any time soon (which one day we will). I'm just hoping it's later rather than sooner especially since we have only been a contender for a year now (last year and looking good so far this year).

The Red Wings used to have the Preds number too didn't they?

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
So what's the excuses for the other games you played against us? We are excited to extend our lead over you rather than give it up. Nobody said that we are excited to beat a team coming off a B2B, playing it's back up, and having 7 starters missing. We know you are a good team and know you didn't have your full lineup in tonight. Seems more like you are just salty that you didn't have the full lineup tonight to try to get the win to close the gap on us. I'm sorry you didn't but that's part of the game. We have had injuries too in this regular season and still have had to find a way to win. We just lucked out that for an important game you were out several players and you know what come playoffs it usually isn't a matter of if you will have injured players but when so you might as well get used to it.

I am not salty at all.

It’s clear that the Jets aren’t playing a few of our players until they are 100% because they want the full line-up ready for the playoffs. If the Jets were seriously trying to challenge for 1st, I don’t think they’d start their back-up for this game, right?

First place is yours. Congrats and well earned. Hopefully, we’ll see you in round 2. Don’t expect this type of line-up btw for that potential series.

Reactions: klt2001

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I am not salty at all.

It’s clear that the Jets aren’t playing a few of our players until they are 100% because they want the full line-up ready for the playoffs. If the Jets were seriously trying to challenge for 1st, I don’t think they’d start their back-up for this game, right?

First place is yours. Congrats and well earned. Hopefully, we’ll see you in round 2. Don’t expect this type of line-up btw for that potential series.

Oh we know. If your lineup was anything like the last game (not this game) we played against ya then we know we will have our hands full if we see you in the playoffs.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Oh we know. If your lineup was anything like the last game (not this game) we played against ya then we know we will have our hands full if we see you in the playoffs.

It should be a great series if we meet, but I won’t get ahead of myself. As was pointed out already in this thread, we still have to win a playoff game. :laugh:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
It should be a great series if we meet, but I won’t get ahead of myself. As was pointed out already in this thread, we still have to win a playoff game. :laugh:

Hey don't worry. Nobody thought our team would beat Chicago last year even alot of our own fans and yet we were able to do so; so anything is possible come playoffs. You guys have a scary team w/ your full lineup and will give anybody fits come playoffs. Your team could go far in the playoffs and I wouldn't be surprised if you beat us if we played ya in the playoffs. Having watched my Preds team though I believe in this team and I'm hoping for a repeat and ultimately the Cup. I think we have a good chance w/ this team but wouldn't be surprised if we got bounced in any of the rounds also. Just as easily as we can win games we can also lose them. You can never tell w/ the playoffs as it is a whole another beast than the regular season and sometimes certain things have to be lined up for things to go your way. So whatever happens just support the team that you love and may the best or lucky team win post season.

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The Red Wings used to have the Preds number too didn't they?
Yeah uncapped league spending 5X the money and the Predators were a legitimate expansion team that had to struggle with cast offs and nobody’s while they had HOF’ers on their 4th line. Yet they still struggled in Nashville at times. Thankfully they traded Mrazek I don’t ever want to see that guy and his .99999999 save% vs the Predators again.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I see the Preds fans are pretty excited beating a team coming off a B2B, playing its back-up and having 7 starters missing (including 3 of 4 centers and half of it’s defense core).

Props!

See you in Round 2. ;)

The point of why people are excited has completely gone over your head. We were all fully aware of how gutted your lineup was. Doesn’t change the fact that it was a huge win towards winning our first division title.

You’re posting in probably the most pessimistic fan base’s forum right now. All of us pretty much assume the worst will always happen. Until it doesn’t. So understand that last nights ‘celebration’ is one of winning a big game towards winning a division and not some celebration of defeating a specific team and thinking that makes the Preds superior to that team.

By the way you may want to take a look at the schedule. You don’t have to wait until the playoffs to see the Preds again. One more regular season game remains and as I recall next time you’ll get the Preds on the back end of a road b2b.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I don't want them to succeed because they were the Thrashers. We never really tasted success here in Atlanta so I want Winnipeg to suffer through the same mediocrity/futility.

I'm guessing Jets fans don' realize that many of us here have never liked their franchise from the beginning because of how they came to be, ie taking Atlanta's team away.

Their posters have a healthy dose of the usual Canadian arrogance that we don't understand hockey down here, blah blah blah.

I didn't see the last half of the game, just followed in my phone. Did Hellebuyck make a bunh of great saves? The Jets board is foaming at the mouth about him being in God Mode last night...

Reactions: LCPreds

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm guessing Jets fans don' realize that many of us here have never liked their franchise from the beginning because of how they came to be, ie taking Atlanta's team away.

Their posters have a healthy dose of the usual Canadian arrogance that we don't understand hockey down here, blah blah blah.

I didn't see the last half of the game, just followed in my phone. Did Hellebuyck make a bunh of great saves? The Jets board is foaming at the mouth about him being in God Mode last night...
yes he did make some pretty nice saves. but this is the same guy we hung 6 on in winnipeg last time we played. he was great last night but i didn't see God Mode or anything. we set back after being up 3-0 (typical, ugh) and more chances were against rinne than hellebuyck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionnaire11

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

From most of the people I've talked to they felt more like we knew it was over and were just trying to get it over with so I seriously doubt he had to be that good.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I am not salty at all.

Well, just remember what we did last year despite multiple significant injuries.

Your post, though respectful in tone, is mighty sour-grapey.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I see the Preds fans are pretty excited beating a team coming off a B2B, playing its back-up and having 7 starters missing (including 3 of 4 centers and half of it’s defense core).

Props!

See you in Round 2. ;)
Wow that's quite the list! Any other excuses to add?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

f*** you. Not interested in you trying to make peace and act humble about 'if you make it'. Your real arrogance was revealed in your first post on our GDT. Go f*** yourself and stay in your own lane. Precisely no one here gives a f*** what you think.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
How 'bout we focus our play instead of our adolescent visitors?

Our PP has been abysmal. Could not score on a 5 on 3?! Too much standing around. Watched the Pens the other night. Lots of movement, quick passes to pull defenders out of position.

The Jets adjusted defensively to our outlet passes and we did not adjust back.

Fiala still needs to learn that he cannot stick handle thru 3 defenders. Look for the pass kid!

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Wow that's quite the list! Any other excuses to add?

I could have brought up that it was the sixth road game in a compressed 10 day road trip but I didn’t want to pile on the excuses. :laugh:

Let’s just say the timing of that game was probably the worst in the season for us.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
How 'bout we focus our play instead of our adolescent visitors?

Our PP has been abysmal. Could not score on a 5 on 3?! Too much standing around. Watched the Pens the other night. Lots of movement, quick passes to pull defenders out of position.

The Jets adjusted defensively to our outlet passes and we did not adjust back.

Fiala still needs to learn that he cannot stick handle thru 3 defenders. Look for the pass kid!

To be fair to Fiala, last night when he tried to go through 3 defenders, he typically did it when there was no help. Now you could say just get it deep but you're giving up possession if you do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad